ZDoom Wiki Thread

We sure do have a lot of rules and guidelines threads - find them all here, and please make sure you've read them! Also, community-wide announcements (that aren't major ZDoom News) go here as well.
Blue Shadow

Re: ZDoom Wiki Thread

Post by Blue Shadow »

Gez wrote:Edited the {{new}} template so you can now do something like {{new|4.3.3}} to get the version specified. Without a parameter it'll still default to using {{latest}} template.
Thanks.

Tables made using [wiki]Template:PrettySortable[/wiki] don't appear to be, well, sortable. This [wiki=Linedef#Linedef_flags]table[/wiki], for example, uses that template, but as you can see, it's not sortable.

I imagine the usage of Template:PrettyTable in there is causing some sort of a conflict, but I'm not sure if that's the case or not.
Gez

Post by Gez »

I think it used to work? Anyway, fixed.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Can a page for Dictionary be created? I'd fill it with documentation and usage example.
Gez

Post by Gez »

[wiki=Dictionary]Done.[/wiki]
m8f

Post by m8f »

Thanks, Gez! Filled in.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

I've been updating Doom classes with zscript definitions and adding notes to the DECORATE code explaining that GZDoom no longer uses it and it's kept for reference purposes. Can this note be turned into a tag, similarly to the deprecated tag? My understanding is that I can't add one as a user.
Example of what I mean: https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:Arachnotron

Graf also noted that it's better to keep URLs to github pages where the most relevant code is kept, so I was thinking of maybe adding another tag that says something like "The ZScript definition below is for reference and may be different in the current version of GZDoom. The most up-to-date version of this code can be found here: <link>" (feel free to change the wording as you see fit ofc).
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

Created two new templates {{DecorateDefinitionNote}} and {{ZScriptDefinitionNote}}. The ZScript one can be passed an optional parameter to link to a zscript file for an actor on GitHub. Example: {{ZScriptDefinitionNote|doom/doomimp.zs}} should link to https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/blo ... doomimp.zs
Jekyll Grim Payne wrote:My understanding is that I can't add one as a user.
I believe regular users can create templates.
Jekyll Grim Payne

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Jekyll Grim Payne »

Much appreciated, thank you!
m8f

Post by m8f »

Can a page for Service be added, please? I'll fill it when I have the time.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

m8f wrote:Can a page for Service be added, please? I'll fill it when I have the time.
Done. I gave it a skeleton and placed it as a class (I am not sure if that's right but if needed you can change it.)

It is also already mentioned here.
JonayaRiley
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by JonayaRiley »

So is the ZDoom wiki no longer allowing account creation? When I try to make one it always presents the following error message: "The user name [anything I enter] has been banned from creation. It matches the following blacklist entry: .* <autoconfirmed> # Stop everything"

I used to have an account - I think - but don't have access to the email or anything it was under (if it even still exists, idk it's been a while) and I'm mostly just interested in changing the deadname and pronouns on my Cold as Hell entry.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

You have to contact an admin. Unfortunately the spambots are too persistent and break through any security barrier that gets made. :(
JonayaRiley

Post by JonayaRiley »

Okay, that does make sense - who're the wiki admins?
Gez

Post by Gez »

JonayaRiley wrote:I used to have an account - I think - but don't have access to the email or anything it was under (if it even still exists, idk it's been a while) and I'm mostly just interested in changing the deadname and pronouns on my Cold as Hell entry.
The JonnyFive account still exists. I don't think I can change another user's email so I'm not sure what I could do to help you recover this old account. Perhaps create a new account and then merge the old into it? Or perhaps Rachael could update your email with SQL, I don't know.

In the meanwhile, I've updated the page. Don't hesitate to tell me if I've missed something.
JonayaRiley wrote:Okay, that does make sense - who're the wiki admins?
For most user administration tasks, on MediaWiki you need a rank above admin -- "bureaucrat" -- and that's me, Rachael, and BlueShadow. But for some more complex tasks, there's no MediaWiki interface at all and one needs to directly access the SQL database, and I believe only Rachael and Marisa Heit can do that. I know I don't have that access.
JonayaRiley

Post by JonayaRiley »

Gez wrote:The JonnyFive account still exists. I don't think I can change another user's email so I'm not sure what I could do to help you recover this old account. Perhaps create a new account and then merge the old into it? Or perhaps Rachael could update your email with SQL, I don't know.

In the meanwhile, I've updated the page. Don't hesitate to tell me if I've missed something.
I'm not super attached to getting that back, so I'd be fine with making a new account tbh. Assuming I can DM one of y'all. It's not super urgent or anything.

Also, thank you so much! It looks like you got everything.
Gez wrote:For most user administration tasks, on MediaWiki you need a rank above admin -- "bureaucrat" -- and that's me, Rachael, and BlueShadow. But for some more complex tasks, there's no MediaWiki interface at all and one needs to directly access the SQL database, and I believe only Rachael and Marisa Heit can do that. I know I don't have that access.
Yeah, that makes sense. I handle the MediaWiki install for another thing so I'm used to the various granular permissions. Also, the absolute hell that is updating MediaWiki installs, lol.

Again, thank you so much for the response! Really appreciate it!

Return to “Rules and Forum Announcements”