[Sprites] SoniK.O.Fan's sprites

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
giuseppemoghadam1984

Re: [Sprites] SoniK.O.Fan's sprites

Post by giuseppemoghadam1984 »

epic howie 1000000 wrote:these are really cool! you should make chainsaw sprites and sprites with doom eternal doom guys new hands, that would be cool i think.
He's working on getting through college rn, probably can't make tons of sprites. I do agree with you that that'd be cool, but we gotta give people their space to create stuff.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Sonik.o.fan wrote:Already working on Doom Slayer hands sheet actually

Meanwhile, Doom Eternal BFG

Firing animation
Insane. Purely insane. :shock: :shock:
Sonik.o.fan

Post by Sonik.o.fan »

updated Doom Eternal chaingun
now fully doom graphics translated

12.13.2023 edit:

more or less polished version of that minigun from 2021, but due to circumstances i completely forgot about existence of that sheet and never posted it publicly
Last edited by Sonik.o.fan on Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
giuseppemoghadam1984

Sonik.o.fan wrote:
updated Doom Eternal chaingun
now fully doom graphics translated
Wow, I'm honestly in awe. These are absolutely gorgeous! These might be some of your best sprites yet in my opinion. One thing I can offer, though, is that the DOOM Eternal chaingun's sides pop out a little bit when firing. It's a small detail, so it really doesn't matter, but I think it could elevate some already phenomenal sprites even higher. Incredible job as always!
DOOMPiter

Post by DOOMPiter »

About those BFG-Type weapon sprites that were posted a while ago on this thread... So yeah i just went "fuck it." and made something with it. It's called the UHBO for a reason, after all!
Attachments
Screenshot_Doom_20210525_104754.png
Sonik.o.fan

Post by Sonik.o.fan »

giuseppemoghadam1984 wrote:
Wow, I'm honestly in awe. These are absolutely gorgeous! These might be some of your best sprites yet in my opinion. One thing I can offer, though, is that the DOOM Eternal chaingun's sides pop out a little bit when firing. It's a small detail, so it really doesn't matter, but I think it could elevate some already phenomenal sprites even higher. Incredible job as always!
Very thankful for your kind words, as always, buddy :roll:
As for things on the sides - yeah, i know about them, but i decided to keep sprites more simple, so it'd be easier for people to implement such stuff, although, i think i can do something about it, by making separate version with moving parts on the side.
(Once whole set will be finished - I'm planning to make a download link so people can get full pack of Doom Eternal styled sprites with ready frames and offsets in one click)

DOOMPiter wrote:About those BFG-Type weapon sprites that were posted a while ago on this thread... So yeah i just went "fuck it." and made something with it. It's called the UHBO for a reason, after all!
I'm glad that you're having fun with these sprites :]

Meanwhile, updated Heavy Cannon sprite sheet

GIF to see it in action
giuseppemoghadam1984

Very nice! I particularly love the muzzle flash, both how it's drawn and how it's shaped. Excellent as always!
giuseppemoghadam1984

Have you ever given the idea of making monster sprites any thought? I see no reason why you'd be incapable of doing so, and I think the results would be pretty cool! Just a thought of mine.
Sonik.o.fan

Post by Sonik.o.fan »

I was planning to start learning 3d sculpting so i could do monsters easily enough - but right now im more concentrated on making guns and pickups for people,also, considering that i'm a bit busy with other things, i'm not really in the mood to sprite monsters stuff. Every frame requires rotation and decent amount of shading to make it look good, so it takes huge amount of time to create such content
giuseppemoghadam1984

Sonik.o.fan wrote:I was planning to start learning 3d sculpting so i could do monsters easily enough - but right now im more concentrated on making guns and pickups for people,also, considering that i'm a bit busy with other things, i'm not really in the mood to sprite monsters stuff. Every frame requires rotation and decent amount of shading to make it look good, so it takes huge amount of time to create such content
Fair enough. I can make pretty good shading on my sprites, and I like to think that I make alright models, but rigging them and posing them and texturing them is such a pain that I decided to resort to actual clay armature model guys. And, of course, take your time off, it's more important.
giuseppemoghadam1984

Yo man, you should make some DOOM 2016 chaingun/heavy assault rifle sprites, I think it'd look pretty cool!
Sonik.o.fan

Post by Sonik.o.fan »

Sure thing, i was planning to make entire Doom 16 arsenal anyway
giuseppemoghadam1984

Neat-o! I forgot to mention this, but I'd really like to see the DOOM Eternal pistol! It's such a cool design, it's a darn shame it was cut from the final release. I'm excited to see the results! :D
giuseppemoghadam1984

Oh, also, would you be able to post the assembled 2016 pistol frames like the GIF, but in the normal scale (since the GIF is blown up)? Same thing goes for the BFG, I guess, I'm sure someone could make use of that.
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

This is some good shit right here, all of it. If you don't mind I'd like to use some of these sprites in a mod I'm working on. Does that sound fine with you? You will be credited if I do, of course.
EDIT: Just saw your sprite usage permission, my bad.

Return to “Resources”