Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.11) Give up your soul for extra points

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Accensus

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.8) It's all so statistical

Post by Accensus »

m8f wrote:Congrats on Cacowards 2020 mention!
Thank you!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

This gives another different meaning to the name of a mod, as in, Cacoward-Trophies!... Well i tried heh

Anyways congrats!
Sgt Major Kiwi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Sgt Major Kiwi »

I believe this is a very useful mod for tracking preferences, proving that x is a garbage gun because nobody uses it, or just for the satisfaction of level ups. I now know that the melee option in hdest is op, it has the most kills of everything I've ever killed with. I know just how much I lean on the SSG, and how little I use the chainsaw/chaingun. it's honestly just fun to just cheat to give myself zerk and punch everything out just to watch the numbers go up. never would've thought that this would make playing as much more fun as it did. also, the "ping!" when I get a kill is useful for monsters that like to "fake die." COUGHCOUGHninjapirateCOUGH or ones that don't have a corpse and come in crowds.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

While I'm extremely happy for the continuation of my original mod's vision to get awarded, I want you all to appreciate Ace's kickass work and how far he's gone not only in terms of skill, but also in work ethic to achieve such an amazing mod you can all play with :wink:
Tapwave

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.9) EXTRA POINTY POINTERS

Post by Tapwave »

What do you mean, my programmer retired? That's nonsense
Highlights:
- War Trophies now works with even more mods. Refactored the code to bind not just projectiles, but pretty much any actor that spawns, as long as its target pointer chain traces back to the player.
- Replaced VisibilityOption with FlagOption. This locks the mod to require GZDoom 4.5.0 and above. Will not work on LZDoom for the time being. Not unless you compile the master branch yourself.
- Added Brotherhood of NOD player ranks.
- Added Bullet-Eye scorecard theme.

Fixes:
- Fixed default colors being wrong.

Other (all are Hideous Destructor-related stuff):
- Added explicit Soul Cube compatibility.
- Added Weapon Upgrade Kit and DSD to blacklist.
- Added Magazine Reloader and Teleporter to blacklist.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

what pk3/wad in that image behind your War Trophies mod?
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

YasuoProjectX wrote:what pk3/wad in that image behind your War Trophies mod?
I believe its Doom 2 with the Hideous Destructor mod.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Correct.
YasuoProjectX

Post by YasuoProjectX »

well i got it now thanks
Tapwave

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.10) but without the spaghetti and meatba

Post by Tapwave »

hey g
oh

oh no

you know what fuck you *unblacklists your food*

Code: Select all

Highlights:
- Added WTBLKLST handling. Removed my HD addons from the blacklist as those will be handled individually. See the readme for info on how to use this lump.

Fixes:
- Fixed WT_Weapon.CheckedActor not being checked at all due to a regression introduced with a refactor.
- Remove inflictor from projectile binds once a kill has been registered. Fixes kills being attributed to the wrong weapon a lot more often with the only way to fix it being to restart the game.
- Only check special cases if inflictor's master is the player. Fixes a bug where kills would rarely, under very specific circumstances, get attributed to all players.

Other:
- Marked WT_Weapon as abstract.
- Added compatibility with the HidDest follower mod.
- Added HD's tripwires to blacklist.
- Moved WorldThingDamaged to a new file.
Endless

Post by Endless »

Fantastic mod that will definitely make Doom even more addictive for me. I have a problem with anything that tracks stats, I get obsessed lol. Too bad it doesn't work with LZDoom, any plans for compatibility in the future? That would be great.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

I do really enjoy the mod, and keep it in my autoload folder. (Even though I almost never look at the stats...) The only thing my brother and I miss from the original FragTrak is the sound cue and text that appeared when the player or the weapon ranked up. (can't remember if I mentioned this before, actually) If that's possible, could it be optional or anything? I can live without it, but figured I'd ask.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Endless wrote:Fantastic mod that will definitely make Doom even more addictive for me. I have a problem with anything that tracks stats, I get obsessed lol. Too bad it doesn't work with LZDoom, any plans for compatibility in the future? That would be great.
It used to be compatible but I had to use bleeding edge features. It'll be compatible with LZDoom when LZDoom gets updated, hopefully sometime within this century.
mamaluigisbagel wrote:I do really enjoy the mod, and keep it in my autoload folder. (Even though I almost never look at the stats...) The only thing my brother and I miss from the original FragTrak is the sound cue and text that appeared when the player or the weapon ranked up. (can't remember if I mentioned this before, actually) If that's possible, could it be optional or anything? I can live without it, but figured I'd ask.
It's been brought up a couple of times but the way the mod works right now makes that impossible to do. Making it possible would require rewriting major parts of the code, which I don't feel like doing as I consider the mod feature complete at this point and would rather not touch it unless I really have to.
ValeriePalerie

Post by ValeriePalerie »

How doable would it be to allow the lite HUD to be separated into two sections that can be adjusted independently?
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

The way the lite HUD is set up, not too doable. Mainly because the weapon part is adjusted based on the player one. Separating them would mean another CVar needs to exist the controls whether they're connected or not. It's not impossible, but ehhhhhhhhhhhh...
I consider the mod feature complete and probably won't be touching for a while.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”