WidePix v1.3 [complete/final] - GZDoom 4.7.1

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Scuba Steve

Re: WidePix v1.0 released with GZDoom 4.5!

Post by Scuba Steve »

Ultrawidescreen support lookin' good, Nash!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Damn, looks good indeed. I have only been able to test it on a 16:9 screen (using 21:9 emulation in the Video Options menu), but good to know that it translates on to an actual, physical ultrawide monitor.

----------------

On a separate topic, work continues silently on this pack. I'd rather not announce every tiny progress I make, unless I feel I have newsworthy content to show. Those who know where to look, you know where to look to follow my progress (and yes, Hexen weapons are all done except one more missing frame of the Quietus).

Plan hasn't changed; ultrawide support for all base games. I plan to finish up everything by February or March.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Is that monitor slightly curved or is that just a lensing effect?
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Curved... my sister and wife got together and replaced my two aging monitors that required several adapters to work with my PC.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

What's the status with this? I think a new GZDoom release is overdue and would like to add all currently finished content, of course. But the repo hasn't seen any updates for 4.5 months.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Will have the new assets committed within the next few days, after some final quality checks. I have been busy elsewhere...
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Is it the Raven stuff? Been waiting for that!
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

BTW, I just noticed that some guy over at Doomworld was posting some widescreen graphics for Hacx. I haven't checked them out yet.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

I think out of a fair point of loyalty to Nash (and I don't normally advocate for things like this but this is a unique circumstance), especially after what happened with the whole id Software skullduggery when this thread first started, I personally would prefer to use exclusively his work, even if we would have to wait longer for it.

And it's not even because his work tends to be better (though, it does), but it's more because that was some fucked up shit the way id Software passed him over like that. And yes, I will say it.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Hacx should be easy to do. I'll add it into the agenda. Not for 4.6.0.

After 4.6.0 and the Raven games, I'd like to focus on finishing up Strife and Chex Quest (4.6.1?)
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Rachael wrote:the way id Software passed him over like that.
That's not what happened; the conversation happened over Discord because I was mucking around there; id software never saw this thread. You can bag on me, but id software didn't pass over this thread.
Rijam
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Rijam »

Graf Zahl wrote:BTW, I just noticed that some guy over at Doomworld was posting some widescreen graphics for Hacx. I haven't checked them out yet.
Nash wrote:Hacx should be easy to do. I'll add it into the agenda. Not for 4.6.0.

After 4.6.0 and the Raven games, I'd like to focus on finishing up Strife and Chex Quest (4.6.1?)
Hello! I'm the person who made the widescreen HACX graphics on Doomworld (Link). If you want to use my widescreen graphics and sprites, I give the GZDoom team full permission to use them. Feel free to edit them or use them as a base, too. I know that the project wanted to keep the original 4:3 parts unaltered so do know that I did edit the original section of the "HELP" picture.
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

delete
Last edited by Marcelus on Sat May 15, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

[post removed because of dead links from the file renaming on github. new preview pictures will be made separately]
Last edited by Nash on Wed May 19, 2021 5:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Nash

Post by Nash »

PS, I don't know how to write this in a way that doesn't sound dick-ish but I'll keep it plain: Please don't post your works in my thread. This isn't a community project. I am currently not taking in submissions. Make your own thread if you want to showcase your artwork.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”