Re: Combined_Arms v2.3: Reloaded edition! (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StraightWhiteMan
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Combined_Arms v2.1: Reloaded edition! (hotfix 5-2-21)

Post by StraightWhiteMan »

Combine_Kegan wrote:
Salas wrote: Now while I have no plans for adding abilities like that, because I don't want to add more buttons and make the mod more convoluted...
Lol, that's awesome and a trippy coincidence. I honestly had no idea that was there before I mentioned my idea for Past-Linked. It looks absolutely amazing too by the way. Again, outstanding work. You are seriously insanely talented. Just out of curiosity, would it be possible to manually set the spawn point or have it auto update after a save?

I don't doubt the Baton took some time to complete either. It looks like it's sprited for an official game, not to mention the time it takes designing what it will look like. I'm sure the wooden sword took some time too, but at least you had a concept to go off with that one.

As for co-op, I wasn't sure if it was considered or not, but that's awesome that it was and that it has some synergy to an extent as you mentioned. I'm definitely looking forward to watching some videos of other people playing it since I can't because my friends are lame and don't play Doom mods.

This goes perfect with almost any map, but do you have any map recommendations that you like to play the mod with?
Some of mine are:
Spoiler:
TheHit_61x

Post by TheHit_61x »

For some reason I cant donwload combined armsv2.1 and malefactors monsters either, I get an antivirus message whenever I try to donwload it, I was able to download the previous version however so im not sure why this is happening now all of the sudden, I can download any other mod except this one. Im not sure if anybody else is having the same issue.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

TheHit_61x wrote:For some reason I cant donwload combined armsv2.1 and malefactors monsters either, I get an antivirus message whenever I try to donwload it, I was able to download the previous version however so im not sure why this is happening now all of the sudden, I can download any other mod except this one. Im not sure if anybody else is having the same issue.
Not sure what to tell you. The updates are the same as the old versions, just with more sounds and graphics added into it. Your antivirus is probably giving you a false positive.
StraightWhiteMan
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by StraightWhiteMan »

Its probably because the mod is so damn infectious it thinks it's a virus.

Edit:
I'm not sure how I missed it until now, but the ranged fist bump is hilarious lol. It may be a little powerful for a no ammo ranged attack, but it's awesome so who cares? Finding all the things in this mod is like a really fun Easter egg hunt.
I will say though that Artificer's alt pistol shot could use some type of adjustment. The recharge takes kind of a long time, and the fact that you can't use the pistol at all when it's recharging makes me always second guessing whether to use it or not. It would be cool if you could still standard shoot with the pistol while it's recharging, but maybe do 25-50% less damage while it's recharging to balance it out. Just a suggestion, but it definitely needs some type of adjustment to be a little more viable imo.
Last edited by StraightWhiteMan on Fri May 07, 2021 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheHit_61x

Post by TheHit_61x »

Oh man, I tried diffrent things like disabling my firewall and antivirus plus other options I looked up int he internet but I have no success, I really wanna try this mod out and the monsters too and I would like to ask if theres a chance you could provide a mediafire download link since I think the issue has to be with itch.io itself since I can download anything else from any other website.
Mr Masker

Post by Mr Masker »

if it's because of Itch.io, is it possible to whitelist itch.io on your antivirus? google chrome somewhat allows it so I don't see why other website antiviruses wouldn't
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Gave this mod a shot just now and went with the Link class, since it seemed the most unusual. I really was not expecting you to have reproduced Zelda's gameplay down to having the shield automatically block any projectile hitting you on your left side. Well done there! :thumb:

Also, nice to see that that the Artificer still has their "overload" alt-fire for the Shotgun; that over-the-top loading animation never stops being funny. :lol:
Blackgrowl
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Blackgrowl »

Man, you really overdid yourself with this mod, the new Blastmaster is so much more fun than the old one.

Can't wait to see what kind of crazy things you'll add to the next two classes!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

And the Tech Monk class is basically like playing a Saint Seiya first-person shooter! :thumb:

Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Recently got the mod and currently doing an Artificer playthrough without having tried the rest yet, but wanted to pop in and say I'm impressed by the major update.

Everything looks, feels and plays way more sleeker and polished than before.
The entire mod got uplifted to a whole new level of cool. B-)
Asenji

Post by Asenji »

Such a terrific update. I've allocated so much time playing dozens and dozens of WADs with the old and new load-outs that honestly if I don't put CA down I might not get to do other stuff! Tech Monk and Past Linked are such welcome additions that definitely felt realized to their core. Didn't think I would have as much interest in Past Linked as I currently do considering I have yet to touch Zelda but you sure got me hooked. Some of their tools may seem a bit daunting trying to juggle them at first or maybe some unnecessary to others but eventually it just becomes sweet muscle memory switching to the right tool for the right job and nailing an encounter. The Tech Monk speaks for itself; it's a straight up home run. Blastmaster MK2 feels much more dynamic in firefights thanks to the new tweaks and revamps. I found myself utilizing all the different heat levels and vent attacks very often. Must say, the new Fission Sweeper is a great improvement! However, I will admit I rarely used the Blastmaster's blue vent attack. I'm not sure if there is a hidden upside I neglected or it's just weaker compared to its fully vented brethren but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Funnily enough, it's the default set I found myself maining of the bunch. The set just has so much raw punch now, synergizes with one another, and visually meshes well with a cool, common theme to boot. I appreciate how you kept some of the weapon's quirks in spirit but refined them (e.g. Vulture SMG expanding on the former Gnasher's alt-fire, Buster Carbine alt-fire combining all the original fire modes into one attack, etc.). It's hard picking a favorite since personally the whole arsenal rocks but personally for me it's a tie between the Blackjack, Second Wind, and Vulture. Good call on implementing the Blade Beam over the original shield mechanic. Haven't encountered many a scenario where the shield would've been preferred not just game-play wise but fun factor too. I cannot stress enough just how pleased I am with the set's new incarnation. It's nuts to see how much "Artificer" has evolved since CA's inception and I like to think it reflects your growth at development. You managed to make my first foray into Doom modding into one of my all time favorites. This nine (I think it was nine?) month set back was so worth it.

Anyhow, it'll be interesting seeing how Livewire and King's Court materialize although truthfully it's a bit too soon for me to speculate when we've just received such a large update. That can totally wait. Cheers to the new update!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I am having difficulty executing the Tech Monk's combo attacks.

I got the hang of the Slot 2 combo (RMB after the first strike, then wait for the Bubble Barrier to launch to press LMB again), but Slots 4 and 6 are giving me headaches; I can sort of pull off the secondary attack (although it is hard to get the timing right, since the primary fire is a beam that lacks a visual cue for when to press RMB), but the tertiary attack is just impossible to activate on purpose and as a result I keep wasting a considerable amount of ammunition.
Mr Masker

Post by Mr Masker »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I am having difficulty executing the Tech Monk's combo attacks.

I got the hang of the Slot 2 combo (RMB after the first strike, then wait for the Bubble Barrier to launch to press LMB again), but Slots 4 and 6 are giving me headaches; I can sort of pull off the secondary attack (although it is hard to get the timing right, since the primary fire is a beam that lacks a visual cue for when to press RMB), but the tertiary attack is just impossible to activate on purpose and as a result I keep wasting a considerable amount of ammunition.
do you press the button as you see the hands light up? that's meant to be your que to press the next button
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Is it? I was under the impression that the hand lighting up merely indicated that I blew it.

So what you are saying is that once I see a hand lighting up, I should press the button again?
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Is it? I was under the impression that the hand lighting up merely indicated that I blew it.

So what you are saying is that once I see a hand lighting up, I should press the button again?
Yep! Applies to all combos with the tech monk. The timing windows are fairly lenient once you get the hang of it, but with the moon beam in particular i recommend firing off at least 2 beams with the 2nd stage until you get the hang of the timing for it for the third.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”