Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Devalaous
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.8]

Post by Devalaous »

Ive been using this for quite some time, and I dunno if its been reported, but I found a major crash in GZDoom that occurs with this mod, not sure if its GZDoom or the mod itself that is the cause.

If I have this mod active and the hud is off (ie for screenshot purposes), if I open the automap, GZDoom will have a very violent crash, says something about Vulkan. It happens every single time I press tab, but OLY with those mod active and the hud turned off with the + key.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

If it works fine with older GZDoom versions, you might be facing an issue with the port.

I just tested this on my own and it works fine. Since you wrote you are getting a Vulkan-related error, I assume you are using the Vulkan renderer? In that case, my suspicion is you found a problem which should be reported to the port coding team.
Devalaous

Post by Devalaous »

Yeah, I only use Vulkan with GZDoom. Works perfectly, aside from this one oddly specific thing. Where would I report it? Not really used to this forum in particular.
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch

Post by axredneck »

Devalaous wrote:Where would I report it?
viewforum.php?f=290 or https://github.com/coelckers/gzdoom/issues
Devalaous

Post by Devalaous »

Odd. Its suddenly stopped doing it. I guess an nvidia driver update fixed the issue? Go figure that I sign up to the forums partly to report this issue that ive been having for months, then it stops >_>
mdvhimself

Post by mdvhimself »

if you have the time, could you make something similar for RAZE?
Devalaous

Post by Devalaous »

Turns out the reason its not crashing anymore is because GZDoom (And Raze) are no longer detecting Vulkan on my system and falling back to OpenGL, very weird. https://github.com/skeeto/vulkan-test reports my card still supports Vulkan, so did a driver update break GZDoom/Raze or did my card have some failure? Strange..
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Out of curiosity, was the mod supposed to be compatible with Adventures of Square at some point? I tried loading it up with the TC just yesterday and there are plenty of missing textures.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Raze support not happening, no ZScript plus the Duke3D/Blood/etc statusbars are not as symmetrical as the ones from Doom. It would actually be an entirely different project - if it was even possible to do right now.

Adventures of Square will also not be supported since it's heavily scripted and deviates from standard statusbars too much. Same goes for Blade of Agony btw, before anybody is asking (but it already comes with pretty good fullscreen HUD, so it's not a big deal).

Sorry if that is disappointing, but this will never be universally usable everywhere, we already indicated that.
Devalaous

Post by Devalaous »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Out of curiosity, was the mod supposed to be compatible with Adventures of Square at some point? I tried loading it up with the TC just yesterday and there are plenty of missing textures.
Square already has a very similar split HUD built in
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

NightFright wrote:Raze support not happening, no ZScript plus the Duke3D/Blood/etc statusbars are not as symmetrical as the ones from Doom. It would actually be an entirely different project - if it was even possible to do right now.

Adventures of Square will also not be supported since it's heavily scripted and deviates from standard statusbars too much. Same goes for Blade of Agony btw, before anybody is asking (but it already comes with pretty good fullscreen HUD, so it's not a big deal).

Sorry if that is disappointing, but this will never be universally usable everywhere, we already indicated that.
Hey man, that is cool. I just wanted to make sure. :wink:

I like your status bar better though, as Square's built-in one does not seem to hide the status bar on the Automap and other quality of life improvements.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.1.9 released

Post by NightFright »

To remain on par with latest widescreen assets from GZD v4.6.0, I have issued another update for Heretic and Hexen lovers.

Changelog v5.1.9 (May 23, 2021)
[HERETIC] Updated statusbar (BARBACK/LTFCTOP/RTFCTOP) with Nash's widescreen assets from GZDoom v4.6.0
[HEXEN] Updated statusbar (H2BAR) with Nash's widescreen assets from GZDoom v4.6.0

*UPDATE*
In case you have downloaded already, please do so again. I updated the Heretic statusbar to remove the bars on both sides of the skulls again since it looks better like that for the purposes of this mod. It now looks like this:

(Thanks a lot to Nash for providing this "barless" variant of his widescreen statusbar!)
Devalaous

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.9]

Post by Devalaous »

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=701

No End in Sight's hud seems to not play nicely with this. Is there a system under the hood that fixes this kind of thing? I noticed that Eternal Doom had what looked like manual edits in split mode to make the Eternalguy's armour stay together, while Plasmaplant, also using this same HUD, was broken.

Also:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... height=701]
As seen here, the counters do not lower to the bottom when using the non-split hud. Is it possible to lower them further? Doesn't look too great as-is.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.9]

Post by NightFright »

NEIS: Gonna work on a compatibility fix. Standby.

As for the stats display at the bottom... well, they kinda have to be there because
a) you don't know to which degree people scale their statusbar - eventually it might be in the way if the stats are at the bottom and
b) when using the split bar, you would want it to sit on top of the bar for sure.

Maybe there is a system that could detect whether you use split bar or not, and if you don't, see how much you scale the bar and if it's getting critical, move the stats on top of the bar. This is again advanced stuff which I am unable to code.
Last edited by NightFright on Thu May 27, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gez

Post by Gez »

NightFright wrote:Raze support not happening, no ZScript plus the Duke3D/Blood/etc statusbars are not as symmetrical as the ones from Doom.
Just for reference, Graf has in the meanwhile exported all the status bars to ZScript in Raze. Of course, this doesn't address other problems like the symmetry issue, so please don't take this as pestering you to port the mod to Raze, that's not my intention.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”