Feet On The Ground is a hardcore tactical mod with elements of weapon maintenance, slow healing and careful gameplay. You will need to use your wits and tools successfully to survive. Each member of the team uses weapons developed from their country of origin, and has different strengths and weakness. The characters can not use each others weapons; cybernetic DRM prevents it.
As you use your guns, they get damaged and dirty. Regular maintenance is required to keep them in fighting shape! If a part of a gun falls below 50%, it can no longer be maintained and must be replaced with a Repair Kit.
There is a weight and stamina system.
- - The Use key must be used to manual pick up items.
- Alt Fire is weapon functions. This usually does nothing or works the action.
- Zoom drops your gun and draws your pistol.
- User 1 throws grenades. Hold it to throw a Flashbang instead.
- User 2 is weapon maintenance. While in maintenance, Main Fire skips to the next step and Alt Fire ends it prematurely.
- User 3 drops ammo for your gun
- User 4 unloads and drops your gun
- You can see these controls in game at any time by holding the USE and ALTFIRE keys at the same time
Spoiler:The Weapons & The Gear
The Team uses recrafted weapons from the past, modernized with nano-tech to successfully interface with the weapon status hardware of your gloves allowing status reports to be displayed on the HUD of your helmet.
Items are not used from ZDoom's inventory system, instead slots 8, 9 and 0 are for using and managing them.
Spoiler:Please note, this mod is very much in an Alpha state. This means some things may be buggy or janky. Please keep that in mind.
Ofek gameplay through The Darkening
Playlist of me playing this through Moonblood with Helga, John and Wilhelm!
Tips and Tricks
Spoiler:TODO in no order
-Add hands to all sprites
-Redraw all weapon sprites
-Add The Soldier who is customizable
-Slot 7 Super Weapons
-Demon item corruption mechanic
-Make a good mod for once