Project S.I.D.E. - A Complete Overhaul PLUS Upscale

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Audile

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Audile »

I've been lurking for many years and joined to congratulate you on this amazing effort, thank you so much for this. I was super excited about the Neural upscaling project when it was first announced and held off playing in hopes of Smooth doom making the ambitious leap over.

As a few people have already stated, it'd really be appreciated if an option for just vanilla sounds was included: By this I mean no extra monster sounds, weapon switch/select noises, bullet ricochets, footsteps, chainsaw noises, ambience etc, just the original sound fx that came with the original release. The additions aren't bad at all, but some people just prefer the vanilla sounds.

I tried the pk3 edit route you provided instructions for but sadly it resulted in many original sounds also disappearing from the game. If this could please be taken on board for a future update that would be fantastic.

Thanks again and keep up the great work
boostaddicted
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by boostaddicted »

I load up gzdoom with mods using the following shortcut target:

Code: Select all

C:\Path\To\Game\Files\gzdoom.exe -file SIGIL_v1_21.wad SIGIL_SHREDS.wad NeuralUpscale2x_v1.0.pk3 SmoothDoom_SE.pk3 SmoothDoomAddonsNEW.pk3 nashgore.pk3 SB_COMEPLETE_CLEAN.pk3 M_DOOM.pk3 bmplus_smooth.pk3 bmplus_textures.pk3
(note, COMEPLETE was how the file was named when I downloaded it, and M_DOOM filename was shortened by me as the shortcut text was too long and Windows prevented me from typing in additional characters)

I would like to post some errors shown in the console when I load up the mods using the above method. I also tried the drag and drop method and received the same results in the log. I just can't get gzdoom to spit out a log file using methods I've found out in the wild.

A separate question... is there an easier way to load up multiple mods at once rather than modifying a shortcut?
Audile

Post by Audile »

boostaddicted wrote:I load up gzdoom with mods using the following shortcut target:

C:\Path\To\Game\Files\gzdoom.exe -file SIGIL_v1_21.wad SIGIL_SHREDS.wad NeuralUpscale2x_v1.0.pk3 SmoothDoom_SE.pk3 SmoothDoomAddonsNEW.pk3 nashgore.pk3 SB_COMEPLETE_CLEAN.pk3 M_DOOM.pk3 bmplus_smooth.pk3 bmplus_textures.pk3
(note, COMEPLETE was how the file was named when I downloaded it, and M_DOOM filename was shortened by me as the shortcut text was too long and Windows prevented me from typing in additional characters)

I would like to post some errors shown in the console when I load up the mods using the above method. I also tried the drag and drop method and received the same results in the log. I just can't get gzdoom to spit out a log file using methods I've found out in the wild.

A separate question... is there an easier way to load up multiple mods at once rather than modifying a shortcut?
The ZDL Launcher will make your life a whole lot easier when loading out with multiple mods
Kazudra

Post by Kazudra »

Audile wrote:I've been lurking for many years and joined to congratulate you on this amazing effort, thank you so much for this. I was super excited about the Neural upscaling project when it was first announced and held off playing in hopes of Smooth doom making the ambitious leap over.

As a few people have already stated, it'd really be appreciated if an option for just vanilla sounds was included: By this I mean no extra monster sounds, weapon switch/select noises, bullet ricochets, footsteps, chainsaw noises, ambience etc, just the original sound fx that came with the original release. The additions aren't bad at all, but some people just prefer the vanilla sounds.

I tried the pk3 edit route you provided instructions for but sadly it resulted in many original sounds also disappearing from the game. If this could please be taken on board for a future update that would be fantastic.

Thanks again and keep up the great work
I'm covering you guys, I just gotta do some more fine-tuning and a few things, But there will definitely be a Vanilla-Sounds version, but to not leave anyone in the dust a great deal of the added sounds are going to be optional.
Simply put, I got carried away with the sounds and... yeah I made a mess, I'm currently cleaning that mess so it's all good.
boostaddicted wrote:I load up gzdoom with mods using the following shortcut target:

Since GZDOOM is so small I just have a copy with the mods on the Global.Autoload.
I have heard about batch launchers and I think there's a mod launcher out there somewhere.
boostaddicted
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by boostaddicted »

It looks like my errors are tailored to the "Hell on Earth Starter Pack" and the brightmaps. I've attached the log omitting my drive pathing.

I took a previous recommendation to use ZDL to load/manage WADs/mods. Here's the list and order that I have them in:

DOOM.wad
DOOM2.wad
Master.wad
nerve.wad
plutonia.wad
tnt.wad
freedom.wad
hellonearthstarterpack.wad
doomu.wad
NeuralUpscale2x_v1.0.pk3
SIGIL_SHREADS.wad
SIGIL_v1_21.wad
SmoothDoom_SE.pk3
SmoothDoomAddonsNEW.pk3
nashgore.pk3
M_DOOM.pk3
bmplus_smooth.pk3
bmplus_textures.pk3
Attachments
DOOMLOG-Forum.txt
Doom Console Log
(43.06 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
SeanTheBermanator
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SeanTheBermanator »

I just came across this when searching my mod, and I'd like to say... Thank you so much for using my sound pack! It means a lot to me.
DrR0Ck
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by DrR0Ck »

I'm also getting some script and brightmap errors starting up. Some are included in the prior report:
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Script warning, "1-SmoothDoom_SE.pk3:deco/tools.txt" line 1:
Tried to define class 'bulletpuffGibby' more than once. Renaming class to 'bulletpuffGibby@1-SmoothDoom_SE.pk3@deco/tools.txt'
Script warning, "1-SmoothDoom_SE.pk3:deco/tools.txt" line 7:
Tried to define class 'XtremeSawPuff' more than once. Renaming class to 'XtremeSawPuff@1-SmoothDoom_SE.pk3@deco/tools.txt'
Script warning, "1-SmoothDoom_SE.pk3:deco/monsters/fatso.txt" line 100:
Unknown class name 'XBlood' of type 'Actor'
Script warning, "1-SmoothDoom_SE.pk3:deco/monsters/fatso.txt" line 105:
Unknown class name 'XBlood' of type 'Actor'
Script warning, "1-SmoothDoom_SE.pk3:deco/gore.txt" line 38:
Unknown class name 'SoulSkull13' of type 'Actor'
script parsing took 330.54 ms

Brightmap 'brightmaps/sprites/doom/Smoov/SMEGC0.png' not found in texture 'SMEGC0'
Brightmap 'brightmaps/sprites/doom/Smoov/BFxGA0.png' not found in texture 'BFGXA0'
Brightmap 'brightmaps/sprites/doom/Smoov/pkfra0.png' not found in texture 'PKRFA0'
Brightmap 'brightmaps/sprites/doom/Smoovmonsters/HDD2m0.png' not found in texture 'HDD2M0'
Brightmap 'brightmaps/sprites/doom/Smoovmonsters/SSRGm7.png' not found in texture 'SSRGM7'
Brightmap 'brightmaps/sprites/doom/Smoovmonsters/SSRGn7.png' not found in texture 'SSRGN7'
Certainly happy to wait for the next build/update, but if you have any thoughts on how to resolve, let me know.

Thanks!
BerserkerNoir
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BerserkerNoir »

Just Curious.
What do you use for the Weapon Upscaling?
The results are stunning, and I am eager to try something like that with other mods.
HeemboGlobin

Post by HeemboGlobin »

I personally don't use the neural upscale textures as I prefer the vanilla visuals but, just wanted to say, as simply a mod pack I use this the most in general nowadays for playing DOOM. It seems like this is the only easy way to play Smooth Doom + Nashgore without loads of bugs and incorrect blood decal spawns.

Everything just seems to look and work as it should and these two mods together make for some insanely satisfying gore effects. I also love the Spectres having gray blood & bits, very nice little detail imo that adds a tad more variety to all the viscera.

I really appreciate you getting everything working together smoothly! I hope you'll continue to update the pack at some point if you get the time. :cheers:
Eeyore
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Eeyore »

Hello, a lot of the weapons are invisible, also while holding the plasma gun, it just shows the plasma gun pickup on screen

What is the load order?
HeemboGlobin

Post by HeemboGlobin »

Eeyore wrote:Hello, a lot of the weapons are invisible, also while holding the plasma gun, it just shows the plasma gun pickup on screen

What is the load order?
Personally works for me loading Nashgore after Smooth Doom in my ZDL setup:

https://imgur.com/a/8xBuRw6
Cheater87

Post by Cheater87 »

Can't wait till this releases, looks great.
MaxVonSydoww

Post by MaxVonSydoww »

I notice that the green projectile attack for Baron of Hell has correct colored lightning in gzdoom, but the hell knight has no colored lightning on his projectile. This happens only when i use the smoothdoom SE from you. Anyone knows how to activate this on hellknight as well?
Attachments
hell.jpg
Kazudra

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (Update L IV E)

Post by Kazudra »

It L IV E S
groundbeefega

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (Update L IV E)

Post by groundbeefega »

Nice. But you need to set your uploads to public. :)

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”