Native support for Duke!Zone II (standalone)

Moderator: Raze Developers

NightFright
Spotlight Team

Native support for Duke!Zone II (standalone)

Post by NightFright »

Over at the Duke3D HRP website, I am hosting a standalone release of Duke!Zone II. Maybe native Raze support could be added for it as well, even though it's not an official release?

I would even be willing to add a special tile to the file (e.g. an empty textfile with a unique name, e.g. "dukezone2.id") for easier identification.
Phredreeke

Re: Native support for Duke!Zone II (standalone)

Post by Phredreeke »

Could this be done with a grpinfo file? I think it would be better than adding addons individually to the launcher
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

It can be done via grpinfo. Latest version I released a few days ago works with Raze. Was just wondering if more is possible after support for my recently released World Tour script was added so quickly. Then again, that one is still somewhat official while this kinda wouldn't be.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

These maps are also - kinda bad...
I think a better idea here would be to add some control features to allow easier startup than to put it in the game list. I already added support for a GZDoom-like GAMEINFO but haven't fleshed it out yet to allow specifying the startup scripts so that it can be used to allow drag&drop with stuff like this one.

I made an exception for World Tour for one specific reason - I have some serious issues with how the entire WT resources are set up. Unlike most of the other games this episode requires a parallel install of the entire original game because it is virtually impossible to tell people how to thin it out. Add to that the pill vs. red cross issue with the included GRP file.
With this new add-on it can be handled just like the other add-ons.
MartinHowe

Post by MartinHowe »

Indeed, both @Nightfright and I had written scripts to extract WT as a .pk3 or grp file (his was Windows CMD, mine was Linux bash) and mine in particular is horrendously complicated as it compresses sounds as well; no way in hell to explain to an end-user how to do it :(
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Well, I would be ok with a drag-n-drop solution, works already with Death Wish in Blood, for example. The grpinfo feature isn't the most suited solution in Raze.

A really cool feature in BloodGDX is that you can load addons from the game menu via .ini file. If we had something like that here and also for Duke mods, it'd be perfect. But again, dragging mods onto the exe is also quite easy.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

It's in the works, hopefully for 1.0.2 if I get it done today.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

What would an example GAMEINFO look like, then? Is the loading of a custom con AND def supported? (Right now, looks like it's only con).

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [Raze]”