[v1.0] Gomorrah - A UDMF mapset powered by OTEX

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Deon

Re: [v1.0] Gomorrah - A UDMF mapset powered by OTEX

Post by Deon »

I hope my criticism sounds properly and not in any aggressive way.

While I enjoyed the maps, I would say I had a feeling there's something off with the dimensions of the rooms. What I meant is that it doesn't feel Doom-y at all, but it's not a bad thing, the maps definitely have their own theme to them.

I really like the visuals and the large geometry seems interesting and unique. I enjoyed the whole experience.
Gez

Post by Gez »

The first three maps indeed feel a bit "empty" compared to the usual Doom PWAD, lots of large rooms, often monsterless. But it's not a problem IMO. Just a change of pace. Slaughtermaps enthusiasts will be disappointed, I suppose, but it's not like they're lacking in options anyway.

You know how the first map in Aliens TC just did not have any monster at all? I got about the same feeling with the three keyhunt maps. It kind of builds up tension for the last map.
Deon

Post by Deon »

That is one of the things. The maps look like they were built to look good, and then monsters/traps were added on top of the built geometry/theme.

Another thing is that I noticed that in some areas (like with Spider Mastermind) I simply don't have ammo and I have to run by a few threats before I return and finish them.
It's an interesting choice of pace and it creates a unique and tactical challenge. Most of the maps you just run and gun, so it's fun in its own way.

And of course the puzzles deserve a praise. They are simple yet somewhat unique, it was cool to work a bit more to get a key.
Mech
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Mech »

Every time I try to return to a hubmap game crashes to a console with something like:
"TITLEMAP - Testmap
no start for player one found"
GZdoom 4.4.2.
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MFG38 »

Mech wrote:Every time I try to return to a hubmap game crashes to a console with something like:
"TITLEMAP - Testmap
no start for player one found"
GZdoom 4.4.2.
Are you running any gameplay or other such mods with the mapset? That's the only possible culprit I can think of - I double-checked that the hub system worked as intended, and I'm 100% sure none of the map exits accidentally lead to TITLEMAP of all maps.
Mech
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Mech »

MFG38 wrote:gameplay or other such mods
I do: Naku-naru. Must be just this pair is incompatible, because I tried to load it with High Noon Drifter and went from start to finish without problems.
Also: hints for puzzles are too hard to notice, mostly because levels are pitch-black dark, but also because I expected them to be bigger.

Return to “Levels”