Deon's Large Modpacks (RPG/LegenDoom/Roguelike Arsenal) 1.3

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
OmegaZeroXIII
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Deon's Large Modpacks (RPG/LegenDoom/Roguelike Arsenal)

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

Well, trying some things again. The mod threw me an error saying "wadsmoosh without iwad is activated" which is strange because I did not use that which for sure is because of the lexicon since it was made the addon with the rebalanced and safe version does not fully recognize the addon. During a game that I played, I found a fireproof suit and then an enemy dropped an armor upgrade module on me which I could apply without problems. In addition to that, what I noticed is that I level up very quickly because in the other mod it took me a level and a half to go up and here in the first map of Doom 2 I went up one level at once by killing everything
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

Good to know that the RL_Arsenal drops are working correctly for you too. If you can get *any* modpack to drop, that's a pretty good sign (as they tend to be fairly rare, at least compared to boots/armor/guns! :D). Congrats on the modpack drop! By chance, was it from a 'normal' enemy or a colored-champion (or one of those "giant" mutant versions that have the demon-sign on the floor underneath them)? I *think* the champions (and even more, those larger 'elite' champions) have a better chance of leaving behind a modpack or higher-tier weapon/armor. :D
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

Day 2 of experimentation:

I have tried this time to combine the addons of the SE version in the Rebalanced. And everything seems to indicate that the Rebalanced addons have some bug that prevents the proper functioning of Roguelike arsenal as it should

I still get strange errors when entering the lexicon but it does not seem anything serious. Also some random error comes out with the champions wad but it may be that you need a special order also the Target Spy is optional if you are looking to fill that space you can add Nashgore to the end of the list

As a final data. The Augmentation works correctly you only have to have the minimum amount that they ask for each level of improvement and press the key assigned to upgrade in the Augs menu

I add two images: One with the title screen as it should appear if the mod loads correctly

https://postimg.cc/qzKpdYhm

and another showing that the monsters work correctly

https://postimg.cc/0rb8Vr81
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

And that I had forgotten. This is the order I use to start the mod ... The RLArsenal and RLMonters addons are those of the SE version that can be downloaded in full from the author's github.

https://postimg.cc/dkF5Lh4k
spectrefps

Post by spectrefps »

Once again, amazing job OmegaZeroXIII! I looked at the load order list you posted (very useful!) and I think I know what the culprit is for the issue with mk-champions. It might have to be *right* after lexicon-miscdata-beta-build_137, but before DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.4. I've seen a few load orders for other combinations of mods with mk-champions, and they usually have it right after any map/megawad files (in this case, our 'map pack' is that giant lexicon collection XD).
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

Yesterday I was testing with other things and some compatible mods are also: Nashgore (but being loaded to the latest) Universal AI (in case you like smarter enemies) and Legendoom Lite (if you want stronger enemies every so often). All were tested in a version of Doom Wadsmoosh which you have to configure in the addon for when you finish Sigil will send you to Oupost which is not difficult
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

as additional information checking the compatibility files of the mod. what breaks the drops is the monsterstuff.txt file that is in the path: DoomRPG-RLMonsters\actors. when I remove that text file from the zip everything works correctly so it is possible that this file takes care of the drops but something is missing that specifies that each enemy must drop in terms of weapons
Undead Zeratul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Undead Zeratul »

OmegaZeroXIII wrote:https://youtu.be/UhcK7TtmGvY

I started googling about the DOOM RPG mod and this came up. Apparently someone had your idea to combine RPG + Roguelike Arsenal. In this case using a version of DOOM in WadSmoosh and in the comments of the video there is a Github with the indication of how to load the WADS so that it works correctly
Hey, that's me! I was wondering why I was getting traffic to my videos from here, lol. I will have to agree with Deon, though:
Deon wrote:Yep, that's an older version of DoomRPG/RLA without some fixes (and obviously without my stronghold-style arena) :).
Those first few videos were the original version from Kyle. I switched over to SummWunn's fork around Ep 6, and have only recently been looking into alternatives since that fork was put on hold indefinitely.

I've seen Doom RPG: Rebalanced as being a promising fork, although I haven't tried it, and similar to other posts here, I've had success with Nashgore instead of Bolognese, as well as Legendoom Lite + Champions working alongside each other as well as Doom RPG: SE + RLA. I've tried getting an RLA addon included that adds two new classes as well but honestly at this point I'm brushing up against my knowledge as a player on what all I can do to get this many mods working together... I am, however, willing to provide what I've done and the load order I've settled on throughout my playthroughs if it provides any help!

I will say, I'm interested in trying out what you've got working here, considering it's very close to what I built on my own back when I was streaming it.
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

hahaha if looking for some ideas on how to fix the problem with the mods loading order I found your videos. so far I have got a version of Wadsmoosh working correctly with maps additional some of PSX and other very good maps that are distributed between the 4 episodes of Doom plus an additional episode (Visions of Eternity) and some extra maps for Doom 2. So far everything is going pretty well Using the Doom RPG Balanced and the mods that I mentioned above, you cannot use a version of GZDoom 4.5 or higher to avoid breaking the functionality of the Doom RPG menus and the Doom RLA PDA
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

There is already an update for the DOOM RLA that fixes the pda in the GZDOOM 4.5 versions. But it is still not possible to use the teleportation of the base so it is possible that it is a bug of the DOOM RPG. Also I do not know if others happen to them but when I schedule for the weapons to be sold when they are collected they do not do it because literally I should not have copies or even kept in the locker
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Good afternoon!

I am the author of the fork DoomRPG SE Rebalance.

I accidentally came across this topic and I wanted to share my build with you. Perhaps someone can use it to run a Doom RPG, or maybe the author of this topic will like it more and he will want to improve it.

Below is the download link:
DoomRPG SE Rebalance 1.22 (GZDoom 4.5.0)

Installation Instructions:

1. The archive has a folder DoomRPG SE Rebalance. I recommend placing it at the following address: "D:\Games\DoomRPG SE Rebalance".
1.1 In case you want to place the folder in a place of your choice, you will have to change the corresponding addresses in the DoomRPG Launcher.

2. The archive has a folder Extras, it has screenshots of DoomRPG Launcher with the order of launching modifications (DoomRL, Lexicon, etc.). Bring it in line with the screenshots in DoomRPG Launcher.

3. Launch the game via the DoomRPG Launcher and exit. The game will create a configuration file at "D:\Games\DoomRPG SE Rebalance\ports\(G)ZDooM 4.5.0\gzdoom-username.ini".

4. Now you need to take the configuration file from the archive in the Extras folder and replace it with the file from step 3. Note that you need to change the "username" in the file name.
4.1 Please note that the configuration file has also made some changes that affect the functioning of the assembly. Therefore, I recommend using this file as a base. Also note that in the DoomRL Arsenal settings, perks are turned off and the option to learn recipes is enabled. If you are against such settings, disable them manually in the Options menu.

5. Run the game through the DoomRPG Launcher and play.

Please note that for those who like to play on Gamepad, there are 3 optional files:
1. Gamepad Control Helper (author - Me);
2. Aim Assist 0.6 (author - RicardoLuis0);
3. Recenter 0.1.0 (author - m8f).

If you need an explanation on how the Gamepad Control Helper works, let me know. These scripts add a menu to the Gamepad that allows you to use various functions from Doom RPG and DoomRL without assigning them to the Gamepad buttons. For example: remove armor, quick heal, etc.
Last edited by lucker42 on Fri May 21, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

Buenas tardes. It's nice to meet you and the truth is that I definitely love the work you've done with the RPG Rebalanced mod because it's pretty cool and I'm using it with a Wadsmoosh

If anything I will try how it goes now that it is compatible with GZDOOM 4.5 and I will write anything that helps to improve it
OmegaZeroXIII

Post by OmegaZeroXIII »

well I wanted to ask you then. is it normal for enemies to take so long to drop a weapon? I mean, they shouldn't at least always drop one from the start of a game

Edit 1:

1. I wanted to know if the difficulty is correct. Well, I am seeing that the menu has disordered images and I also check the difficulty, for example I choose adaptive and I will check in the base where I can change the difficulty and it tells me another.

2. The skill: magnetize how it works? is that when I use it, it does nothing and then I imagine that what it does is attract the objects to where one is right? is it some bug?

Edit 2:

It also happens that when you are going to complete the kill all the enemies. There is one or two missing but I can't find them I even use the command kill monsters but it tells me that there are no more enemies
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Good afternoon! If the Author of the topic does not mind - I will answer on my assembly here.

Before I answer, I want to make a small remark. The rebalance philosophy is as follows: at the moment, thanks to DoomRL, Lexicon,WadSmoosh, the game has a lot of content (monsters, weapons, various maps, etc.). But in the original bundle of Doom RPG SE + DoomRL, the character is very quickly pumped, because of which interest in the game is lost after passing 1 WAD. This is due to the fact that the game is very easy to find weapons and ammunition. Which also affects the need to use crafting weapons according to recipes. So I decided to do this Rebalance.
OmegaZeroXIII wrote:well I wanted to ask you then. is it normal for enemies to take so long to drop a weapon? I mean, they shouldn't at least always drop one from the start of a game
Yes, for dropping weapons from enemies was disabled as part of Rebalance. Because in general, this leads to a surplus of cartridges. In fact, you can remove this change by simply deleting the file:

D:\Games\(G)ZDooM\mods\DoomRPG\DoomRPG-core\DoomRPG-RLMonsters\actors\MonsterStuff.txt
Spoiler:
OmegaZeroXIII wrote:1. I wanted to know if the difficulty is correct. Well, I am seeing that the menu has disordered images and I also check the difficulty, for example I choose adaptive and I will check in the base where I can change the difficulty and it tells me another.
I explain the logic of changing the order of difficulty. In the original DoomRL Monsters, adaptive difficulty is at number 8.
However, the Doom RPG code uses the difficulty number to calculate in many formulas. In this case, adaptive complexity is the most difficult. So I had to change the order.
But I did not change the order of the images from DoomRL and decided that it was not so important. Although I see that people are asking questions about this, I probably will have to do it in the future.

As for displaying a different difficulty on the base. Just checked: it displays exactly the difficulty that I selected in the menu. It's very strange that you have it differently.
Check the difficulty with the console command "skill". In this case, you should get "skill is "4" - This corresponds to the Adaptive difficulty
OmegaZeroXIII wrote:2. The skill: magnetize how it works? is that when I use it, it does nothing and then I imagine that what it does is attract the objects to where one is right? is it some bug?
I did not change the mechanics of this skill. It works as in the original - it attract some items from the Doom RPG. In my opinion, it only works on loans (maybe something else). Apparently, the author introduced it when he was too lazy to run around the rooms and collect credits.
OmegaZeroXIII wrote:It also happens that when you are going to complete the kill all the enemies. There is one or two missing but I can't find them I even use the command kill monsters but it tells me that there are no more enemies
Maybe some bug related to DoomRL monsters. We need more data. Unfortunately, there are bugs with quests related to monsters and I could not completely get rid of them. Maybe I didn't dig in the right place.
DSLord21

Post by DSLord21 »

I've been playing Doom RPG since before Kyle abandoned it, and I've had a blast playing it since; however, I stopped playing it after a little while, due to all the problems I encountered with that version of the wad, for a long time. Since the time I've been gone, I come back to find that SumWunn has revived it from the dead, and lucker has been continuing a rebalanced build. I'm so happy! - Though I hope I haven't spoken too soon.
OmegaZeroXIII wrote:It also happens that when you are going to complete the kill all the enemies. There is one or two missing but I can't find them I even use the command kill monsters but it tells me that there are no more enemies
That is rather odd, because in my experience, I have so far played approximately 5-6 maps with DoomRPG + RL, and have been able to clear every level with 100% monsters.

While playing with DoomRPG + RL however, plus the other wads contained within the modpack, I've found out that pressing the "Save Current Settings" button in the options screen, actually resets all the key bindings on the main controls menu (I tried this in normal Doom, and this did not happen) seems to be a bug. Another, minor bug I discovered, is that when playing through a map with the reinforcements mission active, sometimes the green fog sprite will appear with the monster summoning sound; but nothing will actually spawn. Other than that, everything else has been running great from what I remember! Though there have been a few frame drops at some points of playing.

Edit: After trying multiplayer, online through PTP, as well as trying LAN, I've encountered issues when interacting with the Doom RPG main menu, skill wheel, and stim menu. Upon trying to choose a different menu/skill/vial type, there appears to be no safety net for how long before it chooses the next option, resulting in it being very hard to choose the option you want, as the game will skip choices at least 95% of the time. Other menus like the shop menu however, do not have this problem.

Edit 2: Following further testing, when using the Doom RPG launcher, the dropdown for selecting classes does not work when starting a multiplayer game (you have to specify it in the command-line for it to actually apply). The same goes for the map. You will not, by default, be sent to the OUTPOST. In fact, neither does this work when inputting it into the command-line. Then again, this also doesn't work in singleplayer, as it always sends you to the title screen.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”