Shades of Doom v4.1 (07-09-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gez

Re: Shades of Doom v3.0 - Off the chart (02/02/20)

Post by Gez »

I suppose you've seen Nmn's workshop, but just in case...

The aliens from Project Osiris are also quite interesting; they're Alien Breed monsters updated to Doom standards (full set of rotations instead of just four angles).
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Thansk mrspeaker and Gez. I'll check out your suggestions ASAP.
Yakton

Post by Yakton »

How do I play this mod? I get a "Script error, "SoD_SS.pk3:menudef" line 1:
CyanRoster is not an option menu that can be extended" error when trying to load the mod.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Yakton wrote:How do I play this mod? I get a "Script error, "SoD_SS.pk3:menudef" line 1:
CyanRoster is not an option menu that can be extended" error when trying to load the mod.
Are you loading the parts of the mod in the right order? See the OP for a guide.
Yakton

Post by Yakton »

Cyanide wrote:
Yakton wrote:How do I play this mod? I get a "Script error, "SoD_SS.pk3:menudef" line 1:
Are you loading the parts of the mod in the right order? See the OP for a guide.
I did that but now it says "Script error, "SoD_Keen.pk3:menudef" line 1:
CyanRoster is not an option menu that can be extended" I load it by copying the pk3 files and pasting it into the game
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

You might need to use a launcher of some sort. ZDL works great.
Yakton

Post by Yakton »

Cyanide wrote:You might need to use a launcher of some sort. ZDL works great.
Thanks, I'll try that out.
Magic Simon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Magic Simon »

Im trying to make a patch for the Doom Rpg launcher 1.0.3.Plus im trying to make it work with Rla.I tryed exporting everything with Slade. But when i extract the files dont go in their respective folders.I dont know how to export in folders so i can write some code to make it work.Does anyone know how to extract a pk3 in to document or folders with their respective files inside them because it doesnt seem to work with slade.Or if you know some tutorials site or people i can talk to that would be great thanks.Im Trying to make an ultimate rpg rla shades of doom lexicon megawads campaing.
Dudweiser

Post by Dudweiser »

I downloaded this but the files in the zip do not match the files listed in the load order, therefor I have no idea of the order and the Sod.pk3 file isn't even included lol. Any help?
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Dudweiser wrote:I downloaded this but the files in the zip do not match the files listed in the load order, therefor I have no idea of the order and the Sod.pk3 file isn't even included lol. Any help?
See if it came renamed Shadesofdoom.pk3 or something
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Dudweiser wrote:I downloaded this but the files in the zip do not match the files listed in the load order, therefor I have no idea of the order and the Sod.pk3 file isn't even included lol. Any help?
That's a mistake on my end. I've updated the OP to reflect the correct filename.
Dudweiser

Post by Dudweiser »

Thank you sir, I'm an idiot and actually realised this within 10 minutes of posting my message lol. This is great btw I absolute love it, hell of a job you have done. I'm trying to get a gore mod working for it which allows for blood colour types for specific enemies but not having much luck. I really enjoy the Bolognese mod but obviously its all red blood. Don't suppose you have any ideas yourself what ones are good? I'm in the midst of trying Universal Gibs but it doesn't seem as good not sure yet.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

Dudweiser wrote:Thank you sir, I'm an idiot and actually realised this within 10 minutes of posting my message lol. This is great btw I absolute love it, hell of a job you have done. I'm trying to get a gore mod working for it which allows for blood colour types for specific enemies but not having much luck. I really enjoy the Bolognese mod but obviously its all red blood. Don't suppose you have any ideas yourself what ones are good? I'm in the midst of trying Universal Gibs but it doesn't seem as good not sure yet.
I use this
nakedraptor

Post by nakedraptor »

Hey Cyanide,

Really like the monster compilation mod, been playing around with it for weeks now. I came across one compatibility issue with the Corruption Cards mod, in that monster groups don't exist, so that when a card that references an Imp for example, it actually means only the Imp type that appears on the current map, instead of affecting ALL imps.

Cutmanmike, the mod creator, replied with this when I gave feedback:

If a mod has not set up monster species, the only way to get around it by creating a custom CCARDS lump. Create a new wad or pk3 with a single lump in it called CCARDS and add the following: monstergroup "group1", classname, classname, classname

You'll have to know what the monster's class names are to do this though. Check out the CCARDS lump in the Corruption Cards pk3 for more info and other options. Alternatively you can ask the mod creator to add their own CCARDS lump to their mod so it is supported in the future :)

You can find more information here:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=67939&start=345

Thanks for the mod!

-Naked Raptor
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

I just recently tested Corruption Cards with Shades and ran into that issue. Didn't know about the CCARDS lump thing. I will absolutely add such a lump to Shades. Thank you very much!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”