The Crimson Deed

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: The Crimson Deed | Public Beta Out Now! Happy Halloween!

Post by wildweasel »

You are free to play the way you want to play, but if your intent in making these videos is to demonstrate A Mod (i.e. one) to people, loading a bunch of other stuff only serves to misrepresent it. Especially if it's stuff like double jump (new maps are probably not designed for this ability and progression can break).
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote: Hey ...hold on there ..

First : how I play these mods I my thing I believe ..also I put a list of add-ons in the description Everytime ..AND my viewers mostly know I use these

Second : the add-ons I use does break NOTHING ..(exept the level progression in some cases where areas wouldn't be reachable without jumping or double jump)

Third : I show people what's possible with mods and addons ..this engine allows extrem customization of your playstyle and experience ..
If you don't like it you don't need to do it

Forth : I don't butcher anything ...the mods are complete and only get some add-ons ..and saying it's not compatible is a lie ..like you see it's absolutely compatible with my favorite add-ons .

Also ...IF ALL the mods only should be played in their released state (vanilla) without add-ons ..FOR WHAT THE HxxL ARE ADDONS THEN AVAILABLE??
I'm not forcing you to play with or without addons, it is, as you say, your business. However, if you're gonna post in my topic you're gonna get my opinion on it, and I don't pull any punches.

While you CAN pair mods with other mods, there are some mods that are not meant to be run with anything external, and this is one of them since it's a Total Conversion that's also standalone, basically a game of its own, and i'm not definitely telling "lies" as you say, cause while this is just a short demo, the full version is gonna have some extra mobility that will definitely conflict with all the agility mods you are using.
Ferretmanjcdenton

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Nice ..then I ask myself where the problem is when I use a mobility add-on myself as long as it isn't available ...
Last edited by Ferretmanjcdenton on Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ferretmanjcdenton

wildweasel wrote:You are free to play the way you want to play, but if your intent in making these videos is to demonstrate A Mod (i.e. one) to people, loading a bunch of other stuff only serves to misrepresent it. Especially if it's stuff like double jump (new maps are probably not designed for this ability and progression can break).
My Intent is to show people what's Possible with the Delta touch app on Android ...not to review mods ..that's Icarus job ..
I think the doom engine is so amazingly customizable that if someone likes to have some QoL features in his mods he should do that ..

I think Crimson deed is absolutely amazing (way to short for now but it's a demo I know ) and I really like the whole thing ..
I only use these addons cause I also like the mechanics which come with them .
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Actually, can we step back a moment?
Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Also ...IF ALL the mods only should be played in their released state (vanilla) without add-ons ..FOR WHAT THE HxxL ARE ADDONS THEN AVAILABLE??
Why the fuck are you censoring "hell" in a forum for modding a videogame that mostly takes place in Hell?
Ferretmanjcdenton

Kinsie wrote:Actually, can we step back a moment?
Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Also ...IF ALL the mods only should be played in their released state (vanilla) without add-ons ..FOR WHAT THE HxxL ARE ADDONS THEN AVAILABLE??
Why the fuck are you censoring "hell" in a forum for modding a videogame that mostly takes place in Hell?

Hahaha ...Dunno ..
But you're right ...the was HELLova lot stupid
Leglock
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Leglock »

OK, I tryed the demo. I know it is a sneak peak so i will take that in mind.

Only 3 difficults, I didn't tried Easy or Normal, hard felt easy in this demo, not sure what changes But I will assume it's only damage.

I know I am one of the few peolpe that use Invert aiming, I can't help myself. The thing is that the animus wheel is connected to the aiming. Not going to mention games outside Gzdoom, but Guncaster fixed this, you can have you invert aiming and a normal pointer in the shop.

I think the crypt has too much bright from the tourches. I know I can't touch that part with the menus, but I like tu go with the recomended setting from the dev.

After solving a puzzle involving Animus, you may want to keep the refiller up for one more use and not turn it off as soon as you solve the puzzle. The candle "puzzle" had an issue where I couldn't aim correctly, I had to try where flame should be fired at to get registered. At that point I got out mana. Not exaclty an issue, but that made me think in future and elaborated puzzles involving Anima.

Aside that, I liked what I saw. I can feel the Bioshock vibes in it.
vrenlyet
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by vrenlyet »

Unbelievable...the ambience, the lighting, the mood...incredible...

Played all the way through the demo - now, I'm longing for more. Consider my interest piqued! :D

Fantastic mod! Can't wait for the full release.
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

Somehow this flew under my radar. Finally tried it and this just about seems like the dopest Doom TC ever. Would love to see more!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

An important update regarding The Crimson Deed,

perhaps not the update you were expecting, and I understand your disappointment, but I wanted to be as crystal-clear as possible with you guys regarding the state of the project.

The demo will stay up for you to play, but this gzdoom project won't be developed anymore.

Thank you for your understanding.
vrenlyet
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Crimson Deed

Post by vrenlyet »

Well, we've been patient so far, what's a few more years until the project's inevitable revival? ;)

Good things come to those who wait, right? 8-) Eventually... ;)
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

thanks, ill give this a shot now. 8-)
gennoveus

Post by gennoveus »

Completely understandable; can't spread yourself too thin. GS3 is looking amazing and I can't wait to play it when it's done. That being said, I really do hope you eventually come back to Crimson Deed when you are ready as this kind of thing is right up my alley.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Batandy wrote:An important update regarding The Crimson Deed,

perhaps not the update you were expecting, and I understand your disappointment, but I wanted to be as crystal-clear as possible with you guys regarding the state of the project.

The demo will stay up for you to play, but this gzdoom project won't be developed anymore.

Thank you for your understanding.
A big pity, because it looked like the next evolution of the Simon's Destiny artstyle you had going on. It had a lot of soul, you know? One of the best showcases of GZDoom really.

GS3 takes the lead, and its your project after all, but maybe one day... :)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Better to let a project rest than to burn yourself out or do a rush job. Can understand this decision, despite how sad it is.

Am hoping for Crimson Deed's return one day.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”