Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
666shooter
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Zagemod (Hotfix Released, pg 22)

Post by 666shooter »

I'm not sure how to do it officially with a file, so I will place it in a spoiler:
Spoiler:
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

You're trying to load up all the extra patches for specific map sets at once. Don't do that.

If you're only running Doom II and nothing else, zagemod.pk3 should work fine.
StraightWhiteMan

Post by StraightWhiteMan »

Hey SZ, do you happen to know a way to get the Immerse mod to work with this? I noticed this mod has all the same options as Immerse except for the regular player leaning feature, which is the only feature I usually use. Would it be possible to add the lean feature, or maybe have an edited version of Zagemod that doesn't include the tilting scripts so that Immerse could be used with it?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

StraightWhiteMan wrote:Hey SZ, do you happen to know a way to get the Immerse mod to work with this? I noticed this mod has all the same options as Immerse except for the regular player leaning feature, which is the only feature I usually use. Would it be possible to add the lean feature, or maybe have an edited version of Zagemod that doesn't include the tilting scripts so that Immerse could be used with it?
I haven't touched Immerse, so I'm not sure. You can disable the ZTilt++ features in Zagemod Settings, though, so loading Immerse on top of doing that should work.

...I think.
StraightWhiteMan

I tried doing what you said, but unfortunately it didn't work. I was able to figure out a work around though by making a copy of Immerse then opening it with Winrar and deleting everything except for the files that had "lean" in the title, and surprisingly it worked lol. Thanks for responding so fast and trying to help either way.
BROS_ETT_311

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

I guess you already figured it out, but why not try this: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=61649

It's from the same author of immerse.
StraightWhiteMan

Figures lol. Still, thanks for showing me that and good find.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Testing a new weapon build, the Dark Matter Cannon for Zoragal. This weapon coexists with the Arc Cannon, but requires a different ammo type. It behaves much like a BFG, but on non-boss targets, the projectile rips through and basically leaves a bloody wake in its path.

Figured I'd add this since it got brought up previously in the thread. Didn't quite make it into the last update. Brightmaps work, though.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Absolutely powerful, yet much safe to use than before!
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

So, I've been informed that the Breach Shotgun (MarineGuy) has another bug now, where it consumes two shells per shot instead of one. This has been fixed as of today, but in regards to releasing the update, I actually wanted to get some input on that. See, I was considering adding a CVAR to disable the more aggressive enemy attack patterns and force only the original logic. Would you guys rather wait for me to implement this before releasing the update, or would you rather have the fix now?
NecroPoster

Post by NecroPoster »

I say whichever's more convenient for you. Personally vanilla monster logic doesn't matter to me tho.
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.4.4 Released, pg 23)

Post by silentzora »

Zagemod v1.4.4 is now released!
This version fixes some bugs and adds a new weapon.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Download Zagemod v1.4.4
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.5 In Development, pg 23)

Post by silentzora »

VERY early EternalGuy development.
7HEPOW
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by 7HEPOW »

Hi SZ :)

I found a bug when playing 1.4.4 with Wadsmoosh 1.30 where picking up a chaingun gives the ammo but not the weapon. My WS 1.30 is composed without the Master Levels, but I'll add them and retest.
Vanilla Doom WADs and combinations of other megawads (I tried: BTSX, Community Chest, DUMP, Mayhem) work fine.

This is a fine and very enjoyabble mod, like Doomzone was too :)

EDIT: Recompiled WS and the problem is still there :P
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

7HEPOW wrote:Hi SZ :)

I found a bug when playing 1.4.4 with Wadsmoosh 1.30 where picking up a chaingun gives the ammo but not the weapon. My WS 1.30 is composed without the Master Levels, but I'll add them and retest.
Vanilla Doom WADs and combinations of other megawads (I tried: BTSX, Community Chest, DUMP, Mayhem) work fine.

This is a fine and very enjoyabble mod, like Doomzone was too :)

EDIT: Recompiled WS and the problem is still there :P
Sorry for the late response on this, I wasn't notified there was a reply to the thread.

I think I know why this is. I have the chaingun spawner filtered for different IWADs, as QuakeGuy's Perforator is classified as an SSG-tier weapon. This was necessary for the "SSG in Ultimate Doom" option to work without doubling up on SSG pickups in Doom 2. There currently isn't a filter set up for Wadsmoosh, I'll have this patched in a future update. In the meantime, until I have something to release, feel free to add a filter for doom.id.wadsmoosh under the "Filter" folder, and just copy the DECORATE entry from doom.id.doom2. It should work.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”