[DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Re: [DOWNLOAD NOW!] DTS-T - a megawad for ZDoom and GZDoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Fast question: This maps supports mods that include custom weapons and/or monsters? sounds like an interesting premise
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:Fast question: This maps supports mods that include custom weapons and/or monsters? sounds like an interesting premise
IIRC yes it does except for one secret level which was made in homage to Harry Potter, which should be avoided anyway because upon entering you lose all of your weapons and don't get them back safe for what's placed in the map.
Deon

Post by Deon »

I like the story + level flow + voice acting a lot.

Some levels themselves are a bit too basic for my taste (I am talking about long corridors without detail and simple rooms), but the flow/pace is really great so I enjoyed it. I also understand that you couldnt detail every room and corridor because it's a MEGAWAD and it would probably take you forever.

BUG REPORT:
There's a bug in the "hotel" level where you get an elevator malfunction: you can go back into the elevator behind you, it will teleport you back to the origin, but you cannot return to the next room since there was a sequence, and you get stuck.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:Fast question: This maps supports mods that include custom weapons and/or monsters? sounds like an interesting premise
I actually enjoyed the maps, I always enjoy maps with custom interactions like this or Dark Encounters, and the voice acting is rather interesting. Some maps are relatively basic, but in general loved the mapset.

My only complain
Spoiler:

Overall, I loved playing this megawad. :wub: :wub:
Joey Diamond

Post by Joey Diamond »

I'm now stuck in map 23 Vivarium after killing all the arch-viles that got teleport back to the previous monster pens. The enemy count is also at 0 and because I was lowering the sound at the time, I couldn't hear the instruction commander where to go or what to do next.

I also playing with Doom Rogue-like Arsenal and its monster pack Which spawn a bonus boss after all monsters have been killed, not sure if this is the case or not.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Joey Diamond wrote:I'm now stuck in map 23 Vivarium after killing all the arch-viles that got teleport back to the previous monster pens. The enemy count is also at 0 and because I was lowering the sound at the time, I couldn't hear the instruction commander where to go or what to do next.

I also playing with Doom Rogue-like Arsenal and its monster pack Which spawn a bonus boss after all monsters have been killed, not sure if this is the case or not.
I recently played the map with DRLA + monsters too. You will actually have the advantage of skipping the Lost souls pens at they don't count as enemies for the count.

For the exit, Im not sure if you have to go to some point, but I think Vivarium ends automatically when the count reach to 0
Joey Diamond

Post by Joey Diamond »

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:I recently played the map with DRLA + monsters too. You will actually have the advantage of skipping the Lost souls pens at they don't count as enemies for the count.

For the exit, Im not sure if you have to go to some point, but I think Vivarium ends automatically when the count reach to 0
So I go back a few save and try doing it again with no luck. The map still doesn't end when I killed the final group of Arch-viles. I even tried killing all the respawning Hungry and Shadow Imps which obviously do not count towards the monster percent to no avail.
vadrigaar

Post by vadrigaar »

I'm a bit stuck. I cleared The Fading Place, Vivarium and The River Phlegethon. Then what? No other bars before portals lower, no matter what I do to them. Is there some sort fo switch or did the level just bug out? Other than the mappack I use BD Platinum, Damnuns and BDBE Flashlight.
Deathmatcher

Post by Deathmatcher »

Thanks for the positive feedback that has been posted here lately. Criticism is fine, too, of course. Yes, the older maps might appear bland compared to modern standards. I started making the project in the 90s after all. :) Hopefully story and atmosphere make up for it.

The scripts in the game should be fairly robust when played in plain ZDoom/GZDoom. If using mods, especially ones that spawn additional monsters or overwrite default game assets, then the scripts functioning correctly or the game still being correctly balanced, simply isn't guaranteed anymore. In the final episode, the hub level might bug out as a result from scripts in the satelite maps breaking. If you find yourself stuck in the Apostruct and still want to experience all the maps without starting over, you can try to carefully noclip your way into the individual portals. The satelite maps are largely independent of what's happening in the Apostruct. The recommended order would be The Fading Place, The River Phlegeton, Vivarium, Of Blood and Steel, The Jade Cube, The Vault of Flesh, Geonosis, Morannon, Seven and Final Destination. The Jade Cube also has an exit to a secret map (which is not a Harry Potter reference, but a World of Warcraft reference, by the way :) ).

The recommended way is to play without additonal mods, of course. Less bugs + intended balancing. :wink:

Return to “Levels”