DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.5] [MP-B7.3]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Yholl

Re: DoomRL Arsenal - [1.1.4] [MP-B7.3]

Post by Yholl »

Doomguy914 wrote:Yholl and the Zeta-Shop author worked together to streamline the process for RLA.
wot
I don't have anything to do with Zeta shop.
Doomguy914 wrote:(I don't know how to add direct images on here, or if it's even allowed on this thread.)
This will help you out.
Machine-Reaper wrote:I do wish there was a mode which completely randomized everything and no danger level was present, sort of like True RNJesus where instead of getting Armageddon enemies from Map 1 you would literally get anything.
That's Standard difficulty.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
I do wish there was a mode which completely randomized everything and no danger level was present, sort of like True RNJesus where instead of getting Armageddon enemies from Map 1 you would literally get anything.
I mean, playing with adaptative or standard and lower difficulties made that. Also, on standard is kinda uncommon to find a group of armageddon enemies on the same level at the first maps from a Wad (unless you're playing some sort of harcore slaughterfest wad o something like that, and still is kinda improbable)
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:That's Standard difficulty.
but the Danger levels still effects it, basically causing the spawns to be only Armageddon enemies eventually.

what I mean is a mode where you have an equal chance of having a Abominant Spawn in place of a Cyberdemon or any other boss monster in every map
similar with other enemies etc
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Machine-Reaper wrote:
Yholl wrote:That's Standard difficulty.
but the Danger levels still effects it, basically causing the spawns to be only Armageddon enemies eventually.
That's what Adaptive does. You know, it adapts.
It's the only difficulty which does so. No other difficulty changes at any point.
Machine-Reaper wrote:what I mean is a mode where you have an equal chance of having a Abominant Spawn in place of a Cyberdemon or any other boss monster in every map
You could make yourself a little mini-mod that just overrides the spawners for Standard with equally weighted ones if you wanted that. Be quite simple to do.
Machine-Reaper

Post by Machine-Reaper »

Yholl wrote:You could make yourself a little mini-mod that just overrides the spawners for Standard with equally weighted ones if you wanted that. Be quite simple to do.
I did exactly that!

and also threw in Colourful Black and White bosses in the mix with Legend Doom Lite addon, it just got even better 8-)
Magic Simon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Magic Simon »

Hi everybody. I reallllly enjoy this mod. Only it give WAAYYY too much ammo with the monster addon.Shotgun guy drop shotgunboxes with 20 ammo each kill......I was trying to reduce the amount of ammo received when picking up ammo such as bullet clip.weapon that use bullet and ammo boxes. I tryed modifying the ammo.txt actor of the RLA.pk3 and it didnt work. can somebody help me because it really ruin the experience blasting with unlimited ammo in Doom Rpg rla its kind of break the fun...
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

You have to change the A_GiveInventory parts, note the extra cases for dedicated and scrounger and such, but before doing that, keep in mind that ammo has to be a bit generous as a hedge against really sour luck (early legendary Abominant anyone?), third-party maps with primarily demons (no extra ammo drops) and because the different monster tiers aren't even in terms of drops (Cyber leans more to bullet enemies, Nightmare is fairly generous and outright ridiculous for Technician/Zetashop).
Magic Simon

Post by Magic Simon »

Found A rebalance of Doomrpg that balance the ammo on nightmare difficulty unfortunately nigtmare difficulty have enemy spawn and i dont know how the hell to remove that.Does anyone have any idea where i should look. I removed the ""hellspawner.txt. from the decorate in the Doom rlarsenal folders.Tryed messing in the code of actor in monster actor of rla monster patch and still spawn right in my back very 30 seconds. Im not very good in editing and coding. Anyone has an idea how to mod the monster respawn on nightmare??
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Been a long while since I played RPG, but doesn't it allow changing the difficulty settings in one of the computer terminals in the base map? Also, aren't some options for certain difficulty events, (Nightmare and Armageddon specific instances,) an option in the DoomRPG options menu to disable?
Magic Simon

Post by Magic Simon »

I Found what i was looking for...In the DoomRPG/DoomRPG-RLMonsters/MAPINFO. You can customise the ammo drop factor and remove spawning ennemies on every level of difficulty you want..Now i will do a mega campaing its gonna be awesome!!!!
Joey Diamond

Post by Joey Diamond »

Today I found out that Malek's Armor is really awesome. A complete immunity to fire may not seems like much but it does make you completely invincible against Cyberdemon's rocket and MKII's magneto bomb because explosion are all fire-based. Arch-vile and Red Arch-vile's one-hit-kill can't touch you either. And you get to spray Flamethrower and Cluster Misslile without having to be the Demolitionist. Marine's Ammochain+Malek's Armor+ Flamethrower = Untouchable.

BTW is there something wrong with my setup? Because dynamic lighting is not working. No lighting from gunshots or flamethrower or anything. Only the red glow from Legendary monster is properly working. Is this intentional or there is something wrong? I did turned on all the options in dynamic lighting but still...
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Legendoom has dynamic light definitions, but everything in DRLA, from the monster attacks, gunshots, particle effects etc. doesn't have any light defs.
Doomguy914

Post by Doomguy914 »

Joey Diamond wrote: BTW is there something wrong with my setup? Because dynamic lighting is not working. No lighting from gunshots or flamethrower or anything. Only the red glow from Legendary monster is properly working. Is this intentional or there is something wrong? I did turned on all the options in dynamic lighting but still...
I use Dark Doom and Bloom and most light sources are imitating actually lighting up compared to the darker surroundings. I also use a AI mod so I can duck in low light levels to avoid being turned into swiss immediately by chaingunners, shock troopers, and minigunners. Gotta do what ya can to game the system when you switch it to fast monsters, otherwise barely manageable RLA rooms become completely unwinnable scenarios. Might as well just line yourself against a wall for the firing squad.

Original Doom brightmaps help as well, or Brightmaps Plus.

Edit:You can see an example now that I actually have a video. I'd really love to get Re-shade working properly as I downloaded a pre-packaged Dark Doom file off ModDB ages ago. It made the lights and such a lot more crisp.

If anyone watches the video or just has general advice on how to make Doom (RLA specifically,) more immersive I'd love to hear your opinions. Currently I have downloaded Usetpickup and Target spy, but I have yet to add them. Usetopick up can just be an unfair handicap when combat is too rapid, but I've read some ways to customize it to pick up certain items immediately as normal. I also have the universal weather mod that I'd like to add and I think compliments Dark Doom very well.

Spoiler:
CascadeB

Post by CascadeB »

I absolutely love this mod! I was hooked on Clusterfuck before I found this masterpiece, and it has since overtaken CF as my favorite. Looking forward to the implementation of the Commando class, also!

Just want to say keep up the great work, and a huge thanks to folks like you that keep this awesome community going!
Joey Diamond

Post by Joey Diamond »

Hi, has anyone ever found the black backpack naturally yet? There were 5 backpacks in the game, the green one where it gives 150% capacity to all ammo, the silver one with 200% capacity to selected ammo type, the brown w white straps that gives you selected ammo in addition whenever you pick up a big ammo box and the hi-tech one where it gives you 500% to one ammo but lower other type to 10%. But I remembered there's also this black one where it had something to do with recharge rate but so far, as of 1.1.4 and after 7 megawads with 32 levels I have not seen it at all. Is there any requirement for it to spawn?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”