[Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5e

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Linz

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5c

Post by Linz »

Our lord and savior Trailblazer has resolved the issue already,should come in the next patch or so
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5c

Post by PillowBlaster »

To be exact, not Trailblazer but KeksDose, who made even better version of the tilt script a while back that I implemented in it now to fix this issue, so!... Go praise him, Mima and the Moon instead, please~
PillowBlaster

Re: [Release] The Trailblazer - 1.5d

Post by PillowBlaster »

Hoo boy, update time - would ya believe it? Not much changes per-se, except for one I think that's pretty major, given I gave Chrome/Auto Justice new life with one tweak.
Spoiler: changelog
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

I'm still having some problems:
  • Weapon bobbing is still jittery with seasickness disabled.
  • The jetpack only works if I'm running when I activate it.
  • I'd probably be better of bringing this one to M8f, but something in Trailblazer.pk3 is completely nullifying all of Autoautosave's features.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

SiFi270 wrote:I'm still having some problems:
  • Weapon bobbing is still jittery with seasickness disabled.
  • The jetpack only works if I'm running when I activate it.
  • I'd probably be better of bringing this one to M8f, but something in Trailblazer.pk3 is completely nullifying all of Autoautosave's features.
-Gotta update the gzd; it's a bug on the engine's side. It will be fixed once 4.6 comes out, or can just grab a dev build.
-Yep, it needs a direction to work, else it won't boost you at all. I should maybe add a block to do nothing instead when that's the case, though.
-Yep, this mod does nothing with autosaves, so its not on me, I'd wager.
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AstartesCitizen »

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "Trailblazer.pk3:menudef.txt" line 11:
Unknown keyword 'Size'

This error pops for Guncaster too, yet the previous Trailblazer version where the weapon bobbing jittering was very rampant it lauched without issue, except for the latter.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

AstartesCitizen wrote:Execution could not continue.

Script error, "Trailblazer.pk3:menudef.txt" line 11:
Unknown keyword 'Size'

This error pops for Guncaster too, yet the previous Trailblazer version where the weapon bobbing jittering was very rampant it lauched without issue, except for the latter.
Same deal as above - you should update your gzdoom, that oughta do it.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

I have to report that the issue with Autoautosave is on Trailblazer side, and it causes problems not only with Autoautosave.

The culprit is this line in ZMAPINFO.txt:

Code: Select all

gameinfo
{
	eventhandlers = "tb_playerhandler"
EventHandlers property specifies event handler list, overriding any existing event handlers, thus disabling any mod that works through an event handler and that is loaded before Trailblazer.

Changing this line to AddEventHandlers fixes the issue.
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

m8f wrote:I have to report that the issue with Autoautosave is on Trailblazer side, and it causes problems not only with Autoautosave.

The culprit is this line in ZMAPINFO.txt:

gameinfo
{
	eventhandlers = "tb_playerhandler"
EventHandlers property specifies event handler list, overriding any existing event handlers, thus disabling any mod that works through an event handler and that is loaded before Trailblazer.

Changing this line to AddEventHandlers fixes the issue.
Hmm, I guess that'll do, thanks; sorry for assuming it was on your side, but I wouldn't connect the dots, lol.
Gourry
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Gourry »

Any gzdoom limits? I can't play it on 4.3.3 or 4.4.2, but I can only play it on 4.5.0.

Found out by accident that you can drink toxic barrel waste and damage your enemies with it. Pretty nice.
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

I really want this mod also has ally too. Maybe a spider bot? A fast one that seeking enemies first then follow you after no enemy in vicinity.

It also because RO has tank and rocket turret, GC has the shadow and the mini dragon. TB doesn't has any ally.

Edit: Nevermind my above comment for GC. My GC version is 3.666, not updated yet.
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Great mod,
but one thing I would love to see added if possible that is sharing upgraded weapons,
what I mean by than is some time playing with my friends one of use gets lot more junk than the other,
and so we would like to upgrade a weapon and drop it to the other player, but the other player doesn't get the upgraded weapon nor the even like 20/60 junk put in it.
The player who pick up the weapon gets nothing but the default weapon no upgrades or upgrade points put into it, but the player who dropped it can pick it up and get it maxed out or such.

Hopefully its not too difficulty to add at least i don't think so, but then again i don't know much

If important played through
GzDOOM v4.5.0
DOOM II Hell on earth
Vanguard
The Trailblazer 1.5d
Blackgrowl
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Blackgrowl »

Just wanted to share a tip: If you enable "View Tilt" and set everything to 0, you'll have none of those "jittery" weapons.
Have noticed nothing else different, except maybe the up-and-down is a bit more severe but that could be a nocebo.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Mod_till_crash wrote:Great mod,
but one thing I would love to see added if possible that is sharing upgraded weapons,
what I mean by than is some time playing with my friends one of use gets lot more junk than the other,
and so we would like to upgrade a weapon and drop it to the other player, but the other player doesn't get the upgraded weapon nor the even like 20/60 junk put in it.
The player who pick up the weapon gets nothing but the default weapon no upgrades or upgrade points put into it, but the player who dropped it can pick it up and get it maxed out or such.

Hopefully its not too difficulty to add at least i don't think so, but then again i don't know much
You cannot drop partial upgrade tokens for other players, those are marked undroppable. You also cannot drop blueprint upgrades. You can, however, drop full primary upgrades to another player, but it must be done manually. Use this list of token names to know what to drop for other people:

Macheterang: 	 MacheteUpgrade
SpikeBomb:		 PipeUpgrade
Sidekick:		  SideUpgrade
Colts:			  ColtsUpgrade
Fleshrends:		RendUpgrade
ChromeJustice:	ChromeUpgrade
Eliminators:	  EliminatorUpgrade
FMG:			    FMGUpgrade
Leadspitters:	 LeadUpgrade
Patriarch:		 PattyUpgrade
Bitchmaker:		BitchUpgrade
Skullthrottle:	ThrottleUpgrade
Paintrain:		 PaintrainUpgrade
Nutcracker:		NutterUpgrade
DoubleDeuce:	  DeuceUpgrade
Conqueror:		 ConquerorUpgrade
Vphurple Izumi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Vphurple Izumi »

Zhs2 wrote:
Mod_till_crash wrote:Great mod,

You cannot drop partial upgrade tokens for other players, those are marked undroppable. You also cannot drop blueprint upgrades. You can, however, drop full primary upgrades to another player, but it must be done manually. Use this list of token names to know what to drop for other people:

Macheterang: 	 MacheteUpgrade
SpikeBomb:		 PipeUpgrade
Sidekick:		  SideUpgrade
Colts:			  ColtsUpgrade
Fleshrends:		RendUpgrade
ChromeJustice:	ChromeUpgrade
Eliminators:	  EliminatorUpgrade
FMG:			    FMGUpgrade
Leadspitters:	 LeadUpgrade
Patriarch:		 PattyUpgrade
Bitchmaker:		BitchUpgrade
Skullthrottle:	ThrottleUpgrade
Paintrain:		 PaintrainUpgrade
Nutcracker:		NutterUpgrade
DoubleDeuce:	  DeuceUpgrade
Conqueror:		 ConquerorUpgrade
eh? but I have dropped blueprints by just pressing the item drop key
some stuff I wasn't able to drop was like the "piss bran whisky" "jetpack" and such,
but blueprints on the other hand are 100% droppable, even after you craft them i remember me and my friends sharing a blueprint for the "piss brand whisky" for a whole game.
If thats a bug and not intended please don't remove it and make it into a proper feature.
And would it be too hard too add some code to so when a player drops a weapon thats upgraded it drops the upgraded one
as you sayed if not the partially upgrade one [as in some junk put into it i.e. 20/70] is out of the question, [Oh didn't ask for droppable junk but if a weapon has some junk invested in it should keep that in it for other players, sorry for the misunderstanding]
but if there are already different weapons and models for upgraded weapons so why not just make them droppable as well, cant be that hard to run a check on weapon drop to see if its upgraded or not right?
Again i don't know much about that.

I ask for this because of 2 reasons
1. Doing it manually will just kill the pacing so hard no one would want to keep playing
2. its gone be needing Sv_cheats 1 and Mama didn’t raise no cheater. XD

Oh and while me and my friends where messing around we found one small bug,
If drop a weapon [lets say for a friend who died or something] then you go to upgrade a different weapon, it upgrades the dropped weapon or some random weapon,
gonna be honest haven't tested it much.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”