Nightshift v2.1 (01/12/20) Stable changes

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Commissar Farzi
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Nightshift v1.9 (14/08/20)

Post by Commissar Farzi »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:
I forgot to post your videos, lol

But don't worry, i'll fix that in a minute. Thanks for playing dude!
Meh, no biggie, might start up another run of Nightshift once I get done with Retribution with the new version-minus the RL monster pack. Had to throw in the towel after I reached one of the levels because the monsters on it left it nigh unplayable.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Nightshift v2.0 (18/11/20)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey, my dudes!

During the last weeks i've been on hiatus from modding, as i stated somewhere in the Spawn thread. But... i've never stopped turning my pc on and using GIMP and SLADE. Whoever follows the ZDoom Discord knows i post things there all the time. But one of those things i had stopped was the Nightshift next update.

So i decided to slowly take it and start changing things. The game is a little bit harder and the aesthetical part changed a bit. I hope you don't find this worse than before.

Click here to download the 2.0 version of Nightshift.

Want to know the changelog? Not a lot changed, but many voxels are brand new, the armor is now called "Sanity" (just a resin for now, unless i can do something with it, really), new sounds, new sprites, less ammo, fixed some shotgun bugs... anyway, have fun!

Feedback is appreciated ;)
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Some suggestions:

- Small objects like Casings would cause a large splash and it looks quite comical.

- I would like to see even more, and randomized ambient musics in the game. All i hear is just only one looping.

- And i forgot or something but, how can i pickup the health spray? My health was full and i thought i could pick up one and use it anytime i want, but i can't.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

Captain J wrote:- And i forgot or something but, how can i pickup the health spray? My health was full and i thought i could pick up one and use it anytime i want, but i can't.
Have you check the options values ? (Inventory/Instantly Activated)
Also, the maximum amount of health spray (Med Pak S) we can pick up in the inventory is 5.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for making you download again, but i actually left some oversights.

This update is not mandatory, but it would be cool to have, since this is kinda stable now.

I fixed two voxels and removed the splash from casings, as requested by Captain J.

Have fun my dudes. ;)
-Ghost-

Re: Nightshift v2.0b (18/11/20) Hotfix!

Post by -Ghost- »

Nice updates! To be honest, I kind of liked just having armor more, it made more sense than sanity which doesn't really impact gameplay by losing it, other than losing that damage reduction.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I know your concern, since it makes sense to absorb damage with armor impact, but i thought this "sanity" thing could fit the theme better. Not only that, the resources used came straight from Kriegsland II, and i was feeling that armor in Nightshift couldn't be that standard.

But if i ever manage to work this deeper, i want sanity to affect the gameplay somehow, such as aim factor, or anything else that might help or distract the player. =)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Yeah, I think for me it's just less satisfying right now then finding some actual armor to put on.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

I only have one bug to report, armor/sanity can always be picked up, even when over the threshold one such item provides.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks for noticing, friend. Probably the cigarrettes and whiskey are inheriting from something like a bonus armor. I will take a look at it.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Nightshift v2.1 (01/12/20) Stable changes

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey there guys!

After a little while, i've done a few changes to Nightshift. These are some stable changes, as the title suggest. More aesthetic than anything, but some are QoL and some are more personal than anything. The font was reworked to differentiate upper and lower cases, GLDEFS were added to bullet puffs, some new sounds for weapons, some adjustments on the sprites, pistol has a 10+1 system, some extra animations and so on and on. You can check the changelog if you're curious:
Spoiler: changelog
H A V E   F U N !
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Nice update! It's always nice to have that +1 bullet in the chamber in mods, adds a little touch of realism.
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Really love this mod! Goes well with a zombie monster set like the RE or L4D one.

About the only thing missing is some kind of magnum weapon to round out the roster.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hi! Thanks for liking this mod. I like games with lots of weapons, but i think that adding more in Nightshift would take it out of the scope. But, if you wish to try a survival mod with a similar, although not so atmospheric premise, Nightmare Logic might fit your interests.

Enjoy! ;)
CasualScrub
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by CasualScrub »

I was playing the mod again recently, and I was thinking that it might be a good idea to have the option to have the crowbar be like your chainsaw replacement, and it permanently upgrades your melee so you use it instead of the tonfa from then on.

Like I said though, it should be an option like everything else. Maybe people don't want to get rid of their tonfa.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”