Spawn: Path to Damnation v1.3 (14/03/21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Spawn: Path to Damnation (v1.1) FREEZE FIXED!!!

Post by AstartesCitizen »

There is an error when starting up the mod with Hexen, first time testing the mod with it in Doom everything is fine but with the Hexen IWAD
Well..honestly up to this point I havent had any issues with the mod, any idea what may be the cause? I want to blast Korax ass with bullets and chains.
Attachments
The same error pops up when trying to run Spawn with Heretic.
The same error pops up when trying to run Spawn with Heretic.
Gezzdt

Post by Gezzdt »

You could open the PK3 and edit the SP-Player.dec in the folder actors/brain in line 4 and change SPPlayer to Spawnplayer. That would fix Hexen too. Or edit Decorate.txt in the folder Filter/Heretic and change Spawnplayer to SPPlayer, and Filter/Hexen also.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Yeah, in the despair to try and fix some bugs i ended up renaming the player class, gonna fix that in a minute.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Spawn: Path to Damnation (v1.1)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sorry for double posting, but it got fixed.

Download it here!

Also, have this video by Gaming Room:

Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Spawn: Path to Damnation (v1.1b)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I apologize for bumping this thread with no news or anything relevant. I am going to have a small hiatus from my mods. Personal business are taking some tolls and i won't be as active as always.

Maybe i will write some article somewhere or add informations to my Instagram account.

I also will make a Doomworld thread for this mod, but given the high flux of users and low popularity of my mods around those lands, i wouldn't consider it a high priority task.

But if you have any doubt, any, regarding my works, don't hesitate! Post it and i will find my way to answer it.

Hope you are having fun.
r&r

Post by r&r »

Would you be interesting in the ps1 spawn the eternal textures?

as theres a easy way for textures and sprites to be rip now on the ps1,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTCYHBLVLLE

but to able to get the textures and sprites the game need to be played to let program rip the textures it sees and loads.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey, i have the textures which i ripped from the game by using jPSXdec, but the sprites DEFINITELY are interesting to me! Gotta watch this, thanks!
r&r

Post by r&r »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:Hey, i have the textures which i ripped from the game by using jPSXdec, but the sprites DEFINITELY are interesting to me! Gotta watch this, thanks!
yeah using retroarch is better, as it can rip any ps1 game textures and sprites,
when jPSXdec have limits because each ps1 game is build differently and it's textures and sprites are converted different
like it's own ps1 compress format.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Spent the evening giving this a kickaround. Pretty damn good! Feels like what a Spawn FPS in the 90s would have felt like, if they had made one instead of a series of increasingly unfortunate third-person games.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Reading that from you is a honor, good sir =)

Thanks a lot, don't be shy on pointing your feedback and gripes. I am owning Kegan a good list of things to fix, but ever since my "hiatus" (one i never stopped opening Slade+GIMP) started, i kinda left this on the backburner =ppp
r&r

Post by r&r »

Abit of a request

can you make a compatible patch for the Batman Doom: Reborn wad?
as I try it, it does work but with some sprite issues like fire barrels appearing everywhere.
and other issues like ammo and weapons are batman weapons, and spawn weapons can't use those ammo.

Oh i found this 3d model of Spawn's axe https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/spawns- ... 0d74b8bb01
maybe good to get pics to create a sprites out of them?
comesect nocisum

Post by comesect nocisum »

Ive been thinking lately how cool it would be if Al Simmons and DOOMguy were together in a game/movie/comic ect.. very cool I found this. Thanks!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thank you! Have fun. :)
Angel Soul
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Angel Soul »

Gotta say, I tried this mod and it got me hooked. Really really well made. I like the sprite animations, spells and the music.
Do you maybe have any plans on making the spells have some sort of mastery where you gain experience by destroying demons? Like, each spell having their own exp level, where you have to kill demons with a specific spell to gain exp in it? By doing so, you could for example, gain level, making more damage with it, or give it one extra feat. I think it would be pretty cool - that you grow in power as you progress. Maybe even find/learn new spells in time too? Or maybe unlock/learn new abilities as well? Just an idea. :)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

One thing that confuses me about this mod is why the Shotgun gets replaced by the Boomstick and the Supershotgun by the Automatic Shotgun. Should it not be the other way around?

Since the Supershotgun is nowhere near as common as the Shotgun, I find myself having to rely mainly on the Boomstick, which can be a problem as it cannot fire single shots.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”