Abysm 2: Infernal Contract -NEW VERSION 1.3- Action RPG - TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jazzmaster9

Re: Abysm 2: Infernal Contract -RELEASED! v1.2 - Action RPG

Post by jazzmaster9 »

The Original Soundtrack to Abysm 2: Infernal Contract has been released.
Very Special thanks to John S. Weekley (PRIMEVAL) for composing such an amazing soundtrack for the mod.

Link to the Original Soundtrack: Get it Here

If you want to Support John, please give him a Follow and, if you like, toss a coin to your bard.
Bandcamp
Youtube
Soundcloud
Facebook

To coincide with the release, a new update has been uploaded that contains Remastered tracks that are updated to the OST's updated instruments and mixing.
Update Changes
- Newly remastered soundtrack
- Lowered the damage for the Lightning rod projectiles from 6 damage to 4 damage.
Jayrassic Park

Post by Jayrassic Park »

So far, I'm liking how it's Abysm, but doubled of everything - weapons feel nice, and it feels like it has a stronger, more polished focus than Abysm 1.

Gonna be That Guy, but:

When talking to Burton about the Mystic, "she you're gal" should be "she's your gal."
Ogi321

Post by Ogi321 »

Excellent mod, great expansion of ideas from first.
Only one minor quibble going from absym one to two I was bit surprised at female voice set. After all in first part PC was dude. Would it be possible to add previous voice set and allow player to chose?
All dialogue should be gender neutral in such case.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Ogi321 wrote:Excellent mod, great expansion of ideas from first.
Only one minor quibble going from absym one to two I was bit surprised at female voice set. After all in first part PC was dude. Would it be possible to add previous voice set and allow player to chose?
All dialogue should be gender neutral in such case.
There was plans for implement two voice sets very early on but that was soon dropped as the amount of resource management as well as getting VAs to voice them would have been a nightmare. so It was decided that the cannon Player Character would be female.
Ogi321

Post by Ogi321 »

It is possible to simply port Absym one "voice set"? It's basically use, jump and death sounds right? Honestly VO in Absym 2 it's its weakest part to high pitched with use effects and bit cringe with dialogues. Or it's that I prefer silent protagonist in my Doom?
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Ogi321 wrote:It is possible to simply port Absym one "voice set"? It's basically use, jump and death sounds right? Honestly VO in Absym 2 it's its weakest part to high pitched with use effects and bit cringe with dialogues. Or it's that I prefer silent protagonist in my Doom?
It's possible, but I don't intend to do that. The Main character is integral to the experience, there is a reason I spent all time writing and having those recording processed for this mod.
otarU1921

Post by otarU1921 »

How do I find the Ring of Kings?

I am having trouble entering the Grave of Kings.
otarU1921

Post by otarU1921 »

I was having troubles finding the ring of kings, it's on the forge level where you use black iron lump to make a key I think

On that level there is a stairs that is camouflaged because of the wall color, if you climb it you can find the ring of kings. Kinda hard to see.
otarU1921

Post by otarU1921 »

I couldn't load the ending map endseq1a52 something like that. It said the map didn't exist.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

otarU1921 wrote:I couldn't load the ending map endseq1a52 something like that. It said the map didn't exist.
Curious, did you use any levels skip cheats/commands?
I notice this only happens when I would skip levels during testing.
otarU1921

Post by otarU1921 »

I used changemap and fly,noclip,god because I couldn't find the ring of kings so I was changing levels and using items command to see the items on the map.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

otarU1921 wrote:I used changemap and fly,noclip,god because I couldn't find the ring of kings so I was changing levels and using items command to see the items on the map.
That's the culprit, using the changemap/idclev command will cause that error when ending the hub.

btw, King's Ring is in the Royal Foundry.
JhonAngarThor

Post by JhonAngarThor »

Found a bug where if you have a key bound to weapon drop, you can drop a weapon and pick it up to get ammo for it, probably shouldn't happen unless our character knows some dark duplication magic
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

JhonAngarThor wrote:Found a bug where if you have a key bound to weapon drop, you can drop a weapon and pick it up to get ammo for it, probably shouldn't happen unless our character knows some dark duplication magic
Thank you for catching this. This has now been fixed and the update has been uploaded
Jdopus

Post by Jdopus »

Just wanted to say that I'm having a blast with this mod, it's really excellent.

Might be a stupid question, but how do you unlock the ability to upgrade weapons at the blacksmith? I must have missed a side passage somewhere but I've been all over the map and can't work out where I missed this. I keep getting dialogue that he needs specialized tools.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”