Netronian Chaos V.3.57: The Final, Last, Concluding Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Netronian Chaos V.3.4: The Final, Last, Concluding Updat

Post by Captain J »

Glad you like it!

EDIT: I recently updated the mod. Someone was annoyed with the text constantly showing if you turn on either the weapon modes. I get the point and now they're all removed, but put the notice of Weapon Vacuum mode in the Options.

EDIT2: Fixed some spelling errors and typos in some ending texts.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

The new brightmaps are great - the pickups really pop now.

The extra weapons/enemies in the addon really help round out this great little mod - and I especially love the transforming tank boss.

Having always played before with it off, I've tried turning on the weapon vacuum option, and I'm surprised how much easier it makes the game. Carrying, for example, the Hand Sweeper and being able to reliably/automatically pick up Riot Guns for ammo makes a huge difference.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

It seems the update really did the trick! I felt hard doing it, but fixed the things up eventually because experience, i guess! Thanks for playing. :D

EDIT: I just realized that i did not even put Vinesauce at the special thanks of ending scene. I already credited them in the text file, but honestly it was a dick move of me. Vinny enjoyed and liked my mod during the stream, twice, and i like his work so much. So this is the best thing i can tribute.
rhyrhygogo

Post by rhyrhygogo »

So I checked it out thought I might like it, Really liked it as well as the MSpaint style and especially with the Addon I'll keep playing this in the future so props to you and everyone else who created this also extra props to the voice actor too
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks for the kind words and some shout outs! It was certainly worth it.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh snap. Finally figured out why Reaver's spread shot always descends to the floor despite i set its gravity to absolute 0. But i tweaked the angle and now it's fine, i guess!

And with that, i made Reaver, Vedac and Ren Gahn 2 much more aggressive. Consider Redownloading again!
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

zoomed altfire for cryo defender uses 5 ammo
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Huh that's weird... How did i miss that glitch? But just fixed it. Thanks for pointing that out!
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

found another bug - loading a save and changing weapon it will always select the last in the slot, weapons limit is off, happens without an addon too
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

That's weird... Not sure if i didn't get you but i saved and loaded the game while switching, or pressing next/previous weapon keys but nothing really happened on my end. Maybe you need to use the weapon slot key(1~0 keys) instead? And if you ever played this in GZDoom version 4.5.0, the latest one, please make sure you know if your save file is outdated or corrupted and cannot run safely.

Also is it me or after i update my GZDoom, now the logo at the menu is H u g e ? ? I tried to scale it down but to no avail. This update is kinda like a can of worms.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

Captain J wrote:That's weird... Not sure if i didn't get you but i saved and loaded the game while switching, or pressing next/previous weapon keys but nothing really happened on my end. Maybe you need to use the weapon slot key(1~0 keys) instead? And if you ever played this in GZDoom version 4.5.0, the latest one, please make sure you know if your save file is outdated or corrupted and cannot run safely.

Also is it me or after i update my GZDoom, now the logo at the menu is H u g e ? ? I tried to scale it down but to no avail. This update is kinda like a can of worms.
yes you need to use slot keys to make it happen the bug was in devbuild but still happens if using gzdoom 4.5, my save is okay i didnt change anything last level of the darkening 2 is left so i can go to newer gzdoom
about gzdoom 4.5 - they did make it really big for some reason, its there since one of the devbuilds
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Huh... Did you mean selecting weapon named Unarmed(it's at slot 0)? That's kinda intentional because i wanted to give the player another method of kicking the enemies literally especially when they got the berserk, and to make them less vulnerable after dropping all the weapons. Or am i doing something wrong and just can't find the said bug? If that's true, please elaborate more with extra detail.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

uuuuuh it got more complicated than i thought so i made a video that shows it

you can also see that pistols are unaffected and selecting smgs will give you tiny vulture :shock:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Okay okay, i see what's happening now. Thanks for clarifying it, with the video even!... However, i actually tried the method you have shown me but still the glitch really did not happen on my end. I used mouse instead of keyboard during saving the game, i downloaded the recent version of gzdoom, devbuild and fired the weapon you used in the video as well. And why am i hearing different weapon sound effects? Those aren't belong to the original Mod, no? And why am i seeing that "The Weapon Limit is Turned Off."?

I guess you're playing with the slightly outdated version? I do actually update my mod time to time, but without any notice. I'm so sorry with the inconvenience. But i do hope redownloading it would fix the problem because it should be...
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Uh, Captain, seems like we got a little issue with the ammo counts. It seems like you gave the ammo count I'd been talking about for the .308-caliber rifle ammo to the 5.7mm PDW/SMG ammo.

Also, I've been running around with Coup de Main, and I have to say that I really like the new Long-Range Rifle. But, the LRR's got a 25-round magazine where the Semi-Auto Rifle uses a 27-round magazine. I'm thinking it would be better to just give the both of them the same mag size. Also, if the LRR's going to have its significantly increased damage per shot when scoped in, maybe make it use three rounds of ammo per shot when firing the sniper shot.

I think that's about all the major feedback I've got at the moment. Excellent update as always, Captain.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”