Highway Acceleroid Booster v1 - Life in the Fast Lane

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nacross
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Highway Acceleroid Booster v1 - Life in the Fast Lane

Post by Nacross »

Apeirogon wrote:

Code: Select all

Called from SaberAttack1.StateFunction.3 at HighwayAcceleroidBooster-v1.pk3:zactors/weapons/wep0-sword.zsc, line 478
Called from FastProjectile.Tick at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/actors/shared/fastprojectile.zs, line 187
Called from state SaberAttack1.3 in SaberAttack1
Called from Actor.SetState [Native]
Try this patch. Load it after mod.
Will do, gimme a few days to test this out. Thanks for the effort!

EDIT: So, it indeed fixed the mod crashing on slashing Brutal Monsters' Only Lost Souls. This fix though caused another related bug. Let me explain: Since it was impossible to use saber attacks on Lost Souls previous to this patch, I didn't even bother to use the stun feature of the saber on them. Now I did, and while it isn't instant like it was before, slashing stunned Brutal Monsters' Only Lost Souls causes another forced endgame with this lines on the console:

VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero
Called from Actor.CountInv at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/actors/inventory_util.zs
Called from SaberTaser.StateFunction.2 at HighwayAcceleroidBooster-v1.pk3:zactors/weapons/wep0-sword.zsc, line 849
Called from state SaberTaser.2 in SaberTaser
It appeared once, so I tried to replicate. So it did using the almost the same test environment, in yet another different machine. This time I cheated using 'god' and 'give all' commands (to get the saber instantly) in Master Levels' Attack map. I didn't use any 'summon'.

I can only wonder why those Lost Souls and your Saber keep hating each other.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Nacross wrote:

VM execution aborted: tried to read from address zero
Called from Actor.CountInv at gzdoom.pk3:zscript/actors/inventory_util.zs
Called from SaberTaser.StateFunction.2 at HighwayAcceleroidBooster-v1.pk3:zactors/weapons/wep0-sword.zsc, line 849
Called from state SaberTaser.2 in SaberTaser
Include previous fix. Instruction is same.
Attachments
booster_accelerator_fix_(2).zip
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
Nacross
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Nacross »

Thank you so much for your efforts. Also, I'm sorry I'm so late to reply to your fix attempt.

I'm totally thankful about you trying to tackle this even with whats going on already everywhere (main reason why I've been unable to reply right away).

Unfortunatetly, your fix is no good as it is.

Made the same testing, this time using my main machine.

Instead of doing transcriptions, I resorted to give you shots of the console as not all terminations ended the same.

Bud, take your time, no need to rush anything with all this covid19 happening. But I'll keep an eye here just in case you are still available to fix this.

Please take care of yourself.

Thanks again!.

EDIT: The hell, I had a bad feeling after renaming your script file and loading it with that new name would have some side efects. That I did, so I renamed it back to it's original name and tried testing again and VOILÂ!: Lost Souls issues seems fixed!. I'm so sorry I didn't notice this before, but you actually nailed it and I screwed it up.

I guess that does it, so is up to you now when to insert your fix into the mod itself.

I can't thank you enough all your time and effort. Please forgive me again, didn't think a simple renaming would make gzdoom just to ignore the script file.

And again, please be careful.
Attachments
HABError3AfterFix2No3.JPG
HABError3AfterFix2No2.JPG
HABError3AfterFix2No1.JPG
Goukuma

Post by Goukuma »

I just saw someone mention the name of this mod and I had to try it. I was thinking it might be similar to something I recently released but it turned out to be something else entirely and very awesome. It's pretty funny to use my map and this mod together, though my map could use some tweaking especially for it.

Here's a vid of an older version of that map, Slingshot Chicken (was originally calling it Highway Slingshot Chicken Duel when planning it out on paper):
Spoiler:
It's map37 of EntHangP.wad (accessible from map07) for Doom 2, or E7M3 of D1EntHng.wad for Ultimate Doom, or E1M1 of QuikHt0.wad for Heretic (Available at https://gokuma.neocities.org/).

The Doom 2 version is the best original intended map but just has SSG, SG, RL, Berserk, and a secret containing three new weapons. Doom 1 version has all Doom 1 weapons except no chainsaw, and Plasma & BFG only appear in the secret in deathmatch mode. Both wads have an altfire for the BFG. Using either wad with Highway Acceleroid Booster (I added my wad first with this mod second to possibly override stuff as necessary), it seems have all the weapons of this mod plus my modified BFG and the additional weapons in EngHangP.wad. I carefully timed scripting with dash zone lines to allow windows of time to pass through without being bounced back and forth like a ping pong ball. I've noticed this mod reduces momentum somewhat and you can also resist the thrust (or work with it), so you end up in the road between the zones more often. Not sure what I can do there thinking offhand, but I should up the thrust of the single dash pad in the secret area and of course add all weapons (with none of my own weapons) for a version of that map for this mod. Maybe I'll add the Maulotaur from Heretic into Doom 2 so it's like Running of the Bulls, heh. BTW, I logged in for the first time since November 4th, 2004 just to post this. Admin must have been thinking WTF?! while reactivating my account.
Irrevenant

Post by Irrevenant »

I made a Jukebox of SNES Mega Man X music for this, is it cool if I post it here?

It doesn't have every song, mostly just ones I thought fit.
Bobby

Post by Bobby »

Is the berserk powerup in this mod an upgrade or does it last for only one level?
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

This mod is a banger. I'm having a blast. I have a question though. Can I find artworks from this mod somewhere?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

You can google the mod's name and see the result. Already got plenty of 'em!
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

So I finished 8-Bit Deathmatch v6 today, and holy shit what a ride it was. Ultimate props to CutmanMike, Dr. Freeman, and the rest of the team behind that masterpiece of a mod. That being said, I decided I would redo the whole thing over again with your Booster mod, because why not. However, when I tried doing so, I ended up with this error:

Script error, "te13-Booster_8BDM.pk3:decorate.txt" line 1:
Parent type 'EvilRobotGhost' not found in EvilRobotGhost2
Script error, "te13-Booster_8BDM.pk3:decorate.txt" line 1:
Replaced type 'EvilRobotGhost' not found for EvilRobotGhost2
Script error, "te13-Booster_8BDM.pk3:actors/gun.dec" line 423:
Parent type 'MegaBuster' not found in ClutchBuster_Campaign
Script error, "te13-Booster_8BDM.pk3:actors/gun.dec" line 425:
"WEAPON.CHEATNOTWEAPON" is an unknown flag

Script error, "te13-Booster_8BDM.pk3:actors/gun.dec" line 427:
"weapon.kickback" requires an actor of type "Weapon"

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "te13-Booster_8BDM.pk3:actors/gun.dec" line 427:
Unexpected '0' in definition of 'ClutchBuster_Campaign'
How can I fix this? Or will there be a fix soon?
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

What is your load order? That looks like you're loading booster first.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That's weird. It works fine with the booster addon on my end. I played it with a launcher included in the MM8DM and it had no error at all. Try tweaking Extra Command Line Parameters in the launcher and connect booster addon to it.

Some small problems might be lacking of Booster's alternative costumes and HUD being all non-8bit.
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

Captain J wrote:Try tweaking Extra Command Line Parameters in the launcher and connect booster addon to it.
Huh, that worked for me. Thanks, dude!
Fencer 23

Post by Fencer 23 »

I just can´t say, How well this mod is made, just stunning.

Just question do you have version with something similar to Zero?, that will be amazing.
Critzhater76

Post by Critzhater76 »

Speed... I loved it.

And for that...

You deserve this Music Pack I made which is mostly Eurobeats
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Jeh6P-SVwW

It's from Bullet Hell Monday by Masayuki Ito, The One Man Dev that needs his attention

Return to “Gameplay Mods”