Complex Chaos (Discontinued)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [WIP]Complex Chaos (aka CPlex) - New video (p.3)

Post by Major Cooke »

1. That's what the Rainbow Halo is for, bypassing enemy immunities. If you've watched UltraViolence playing, you'll see how it works.

2. I'm introducing counter-measures that simply reduce damage from some of the more overpowered monsters, because the amount of damage they deal is on the level of bullshit. Yes, there's an option for random as normal.

3. I intend to. It's going to be hard though. I'm the only person working on this, though thankfully I have people provided sounds and sprites for me instead of having to worry about that. But being the solo developer means I have to handle everything myself, including:
  • Removing all ACS scripts
  • Removing HEM (which actually reduces my workload quite a bit!)
  • Reworking all monster systems and optimizing the hell out of them
  • Fixing all the weapon names because they were all using TEXTURES definitions
  • Making every weapon that can reload obey the new reload system and making sure it doesn't bug out
  • Rebalancing out all the monsters and replacing those that were removed
  • Adding new everything
  • Optimizing all effects (the bane of my existence because they are everywhere and oh my fucking hell, so many...)
  • ...Insert about 50 more points for things that I just can't be bothered explaining at this time.
4. I shamelessly stole it from Battlezone II which is easily one of my favorite video games of all time. The protagonist is named John Cooke (the e is silent) and he rises to the rank of major as the game progresses. On top of that, I used to be called Stagger1 so long ago when I was just a kid. That brings back memories... But anyway, I found it becoming corny over time so I ditched it for this. Lack of imagination is to blame back then. :mrgreen:
Linz

Post by Linz »

Man,sounds like it'll be torture

No wonder you put this on hold

Have you tried getting some more help?
Major Cooke

Post by Major Cooke »

Now I know how DBThanatos feels when he used to work on AEoD. Burnout is a bitch, indeed.

I've got enough help as is. As stated, folks are working on sprites and sounds for me.

So I'm doing smaller projects for the time being like Triple M (Major's Minecraft Mania) and DE4D.
Linz

Post by Linz »

DE4D?

Also though,I wish you luck when you get back to this,can't wait to see this through to the end!
rapturealex

Post by rapturealex »

I'll donate some crypto to you when it's done ! You're working on this, putting things together, don't matter if it's made from scratch by yourself, it's work. You deserve compensation.
Major Cooke

Re: Complex Chaos (Discontinued)

Post by Major Cooke »

I've decided to discontinue this mod for the time being. I'm going to close this thread and, if I do want to come back to it sometime, I'll re-open it.

The reason I'm dropping this project is due to my dedication towards DE4D, which will feature many components related to CF but in a more sane and viable way that actually makes more sense and doesn't overwhelm the player. Insanely fast gameplay, powerful utilities, and a power ladder to climb for the power fantasy lovers. This was partly introduced in Doom Eternal after all when they added Empowered Demons.

It's highly unlikely I'll return to this however. There's a few other personal reasons I don't want to continue this. Namely, drama.

Sorry for the disappointment, but look forward to new information on DE4D soon. It'll be worth it, just you wait and see. ;)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”