TREASURE TECH LAND (Demo #1 Available!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
salahmander2

Re: TREASURE TECH LAND (Demo #1 Available!)

Post by salahmander2 »

Hiya, just tried this out, I am unable to advance any dialogue, I've tried a lot of keys including the mouse. Am I missing anything or is it a bug? I'm using GZDoom 4.4.2.
ahkan42

Post by ahkan42 »

I found a weird physics thing in aurum castle.

other than that pretty cool.
yaboi

Post by yaboi »

icarus has blessed us with his opinions

https://youtu.be/p-3eyEpwh4A
Yew_Bowman1

Post by Yew_Bowman1 »

Hey Mr. HyperUltra64, I must tell you you have a really nice mod right here and I am so far enjoying this partial conversion... that being said tho, I do have a bug, more specifically on the Aurum Castle stage, where skybox is whack and performance shits itself once I get into the higher part.
Is that a bug with everyone else also that you should fix or do I need to put specific settings into my GZDoom?.
Kills_Alone
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Kills_Alone »

A really fun TC once you get a handle on the weapons and abilities.

Aurum Castle: Minor issue with the secret chest that you find outside after activating the red blocks and running over the timed pillars. The secret doesn't register unless you jump up onto the platform with the chest.

And some footage of the full demo:
Yew_Bowman1

Post by Yew_Bowman1 »

Yew_Bowman1 wrote:Hey Mr. HyperUltra64, I must tell you you have a really nice mod right here and I am so far enjoying this partial conversion... that being said tho, I do have a bug, more specifically on the Aurum Castle stage, where skybox is whack and performance shits itself once I get into the higher part.
Is that a bug with everyone else also that you should fix or do I need to put specific settings into my GZDoom?.
NVM, I discovered I just had to use the correct renderer, that being hardware rendering.
Jeans44

Post by Jeans44 »

The Demo is a blast, really great work on this.
Kalsonic

Post by Kalsonic »

Wild Hunter: it feels like the payoff of its true explosion isn't worth the complexity to pull it off. The 'bomba' from the pop rock feels like it does the same job, but easier and safer. Perhaps improve the explosion damage and radius?

BR Buster: Powerful, but not enough "characterful downsides". Feels too 'safe'. Perhaps instead of the shots fizzling out, it would hurt (burn!) the player too? Hurt the player's HP/armour, or burn through extra ammo (4x or 6x ammo used up instead of 2x)… or even both!

Lancer Delta: Feels like a more luxurious Strike Commando. I think the default speed 1x and 2x attacks needs to be nerfed, while the speed 3x and 4x buffed. This is because The default the 1x and 2x attacks are kind of contesting against the Strike Commando; gotta make it clear that the Lancer Delta is a 'speed' weapon or else the player will get a noticeably weaker Strike Commando.

I love the Night City map, moody and cosy. The Castle map though, I think the colours are a bit too flat. Needs a bit more contrast, and perhaps have some key areas emit a 'glow' to emphasise its fantasy-theme.
hotelmariolover
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by hotelmariolover »

heyo!
i've just gotten into this mod after getting into wario land + other wario-like games, and i've tried speedrunning it a lil
https://i.imgur.com/1hseo0s.png
it's real fun, and i look forward to demo #2 (even though it's been a couple years lol)
Last edited by hotelmariolover on Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hotelmariolover

hotelmariolover wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:33 pm heyo!
i've just gotten into this mod after getting into wario land + other wario-like games, and i've tried speedrunning it a lil
https://i.imgur.com/1hseo0s.png
it's real fun, and i look forward to demo #2 (even though it's been a couple years lol)
welp, i got a better time just now, and it was fun!
https://i.imgur.com/uaqsZ0Z.png
i haven't recorded any video for these times, but i have plans for recording other times.
if anyone beats my time, or has any strategies, please let me know!
Rudiarius

Post by Rudiarius »

BRO I AM IN LOVE
I CANT WAIT FOR MORE
I am however having trouble decreasing HUD size, any ideas?
hotelmariolover

hotelmariolover wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:38 am welp, i got a better time just now, and it was fun!
https://i.imgur.com/uaqsZ0Z.png
i haven't recorded any video for these times, but i have plans for recording other times.
if anyone beats my time, or has any strategies, please let me know!
alrighty so, i got a better time now.
i didn't lie when i said i'd record my next run, so here it is!
https://youtu.be/Ee-CUe6pYeI
i'm not sure if there's any other treasure tech speedruns, so i'm not sure if i should call this world record, but it was fun nonetheless!
Shroomie
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): macos ventura 13.2.1

Post by Shroomie »

I think it would be rather cool if the enemies had new designs to make them fit in more with the rest of the envirenment, like right now theres these realistic-ass monsters in these cartoon-ass landscapes and it feels a bit weird, i'm good with keeping the enemy types themselves (i mean, what would we do without the revenant?) but, y'know i guess i've already said this, they stick out.
Void Warrior

Post by Void Warrior »

For more than three years now, I have been following the development of TC for a Cool Gameplay Mod, but it has not moved beyond Demo No. 1. All I've seen is the upgrade of "Treasure Tech" to Version 1.2.

Is TC still alive?
Shroomie
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): macos ventura 13.2.1

Post by Shroomie »

oh totally, just check the guy's twitter https://twitter.com/superultra64, while i wouldn't call it a very massive trove of updates and new info, it is obvious that SuperUltra is cooking something massive.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”