SIREN | v0.85

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Leglock
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: SIREN TC | v0.29

Post by Leglock »

Despite some glitches (some of them game breaking), this TC is promosing. It`s super adicting and I love it.

It has a lot of room for improvement and polishment. I hope more people try this one and collect more info for the feedback.

With time you will make this a top tier TC.

Just realized, the download Link and the file are named Siren 0.29, but when you load it it says 0.26.
Leglock

Post by Leglock »

I am stuck in the second area of Map01. Don't know what to do to progress. Also I found a switch without texture, it's a gray wall right in front a column in the T-shaped corridor (I am not in the pc so I cannot link an image).
That switch opens something but not sure what, nothing that you can check at simple sight or in the map. That switch can be interacted one time, maybe it's card reader or something, but I have no cards with me... So it might be one of those orange panels with green light.

DitheredOutput

Post by DitheredOutput »

Leglock wrote:So far I didn't have any performance issues.

I found this missing textures:
Spoiler:
I am using GZDoom 4.4.2
Spoiler:
Ok, maybe it was intentional (?

1) Randomly I cannot switch to melee, nor even pressing the asigned key (1). Also "quick kick" doesn't work (unknown command).

2) If you step in the opposite way of that signal, you lose health per second. At first I thought it was the Smoke, but no, it seems in that specific spot has an invisble hazard.
Spoiler:

3) This is a serious one, probably game breaking: if you insert the cards in the last point where you need the 3 of them but you need to open some door with them, you cannot get them back. So you are locked.

After using the 3 cards and porgessing through, you can find some other glitches:

4) There is a part where it is supose to be water, but you can't swim right away in all the water, just a part of it, the other part behaves as normal ground, you can walk, jump and there is no "Air" meter.

5) The smoke can get hard locked in a textrure between a door and the floor, you cannot harm it but it can harm you, BUT it won't move from there as long as you don't activate the switch from the other side of that door (which conects a large narrow tunel). This happens when you get one of the other paths and you get to said tunnel, the door will be locked because you need to open it from the other side, passing through that corridor will activate a scripted sequence where the smoke chases you. I think it gets locked with all these steps.

6) Some IMPS are completely inmune, this is game breaking I guess. Not sure what makes this happens and need further test.
Brilliant stuff, thanks for playing and for the detailed feedback!

The missing textures were a basic error, consider them fixed for the next release.

1) Melee was a very rough last minute addition but should still be selectable. It's a lot more polished in 0.3.

The quick kick does not work as I simply don't know how to code it. Maybe someone could help with that one. For now I'll remove the reference and key binding.

2) Way, way back that section was a damaging area, I must have missed a small sector when deactivating it, thanks for finding that.

3) This is probably a good example of style over substance or me including unnecessary mechanics. There is absolutely no reason why that can't be a single switch that doesn't take the keys off you.

The level is linear enough that you would have needed the 3 key cards (and therefore been through the journey as intended) to access that room anyway.

4) I actually get this a lot too. I'll have a look to make sure everything is set right with the 3d sector to make it function as an underwater section correctly.

5) The entire tunnel section is being revised so I'll look for any bugs that could lock Smokey at the doors. This will also address your follow up points about that area. I think you've found a redundant switch down there. It's all pretty bland and unfinished at the moment, but the exit is pretty close down there, either at the other side of the non-working pool of water or you can go through the sewer.

6) I don't think I've come across any immune Imps. If you find any more let me know!

Thanks again. This has been very useful!
Leglock

Post by Leglock »

DoomwithaView wrote:
Leglock wrote:

3) This is probably a good example of style over substance or me including unnecessary mechanics. There is absolutely no reason why that can't be a single switch that doesn't take the keys off you.

The level is linear enough that you would have needed the 3 key cards (and therefore been through the journey as intended) to access that room anyway.

5) The entire tunnel section is being revised so I'll look for any bugs that could lock Smokey at the doors. This will also address your follow up points about that area. I think you've found a redundant switch down there. It's all pretty bland and unfinished at the moment, but the exit is pretty close down there, either at the other side of the non-working pool of water or you can go through the sewer.

6) I don't think I've come across any immune Imps. If you find any more let me know!

Thanks again. This has been very useful!

3) The thing with this is easly fixed, but currently, you cannot (re-)enter any locked room, and you cannot pick any important items (or ammo and health) .

5) The section seems to be more or less as a placeholder, I can understand you are trying out new stuff over maybe old ideas. Still, I messed up with "noclip" command to find out what's hidden and where I need to go, and if I more or less know where I need to go, I don't know "how" if that makes any scence at all XD.

6) As for the Imps I don't know how to reproduce that bug, It was 3 of them, I wasted 4 full weapons ammo on them and not a single scratch. But not sure how. I tried locking the Siren again and follow some previous steps but those Imps had no chance. If I came across with this I will try again tor ecreate the bug for more feedback.

Also, I love both Aeasthethic and gameplay mechanics. I was a little bit sceptical about how fast you move for a "survival" type of mod, specially when you step in front of the zombies, but then you realize that that speed is much needed and does not break any tention with some encounters. The map looks super good, it need some touches here and there but it nothing to drastic, just "touches" (and in some few parts textures :P).

I really enjoy this mod, I think honestly it has a great potential. I will keep playing version over version couse I really enjoy the project.

As a final note, I'm not quite sure if the Cyber Demon is ok or not, not sure how I feel with him since everything but the Pinkies (D64) are custom and great. What I do know is how fast the Smoke tore apart CD... Poor guy...
kappa007

Post by kappa007 »

this looks really promising oh and do you happen to need more testers let me know ive done alot of testing before in different games
Matt_is_Bored

Post by Matt_is_Bored »

hey idk if it is me but I think I have a serious bug when I try and play the game, it loads up just fine but it looks like the original doom 2 map. the only thing that changes is my gun, then when i go to click the button to enter the first hallway, the button does nothing. idk if it is my software or what but it certainly does not look like the videos.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Matt_is_Bored wrote:hey idk if it is me but I think I have a serious bug when I try and play the game, it loads up just fine but it looks like the original doom 2 map. the only thing that changes is my gun, then when i go to click the button to enter the first hallway, the button does nothing. idk if it is my software or what but it certainly does not look like the videos.
Hi ..what source port do you use ?
Gzdoom/lzdoom/zandronum ...?
You play on PC or phone?
How did you load the mod ? dragging it ontop of an exe file or using commands ? Or a loader ?
DitheredOutput

Post by DitheredOutput »

kappa007 wrote:this looks really promising oh and do you happen to need more testers let me know ive done alot of testing before in different games
Hi, always welcome testers! It's a big help.

This forum gets the more frequent and experimental builds. I'll tend to update certain other mod sites when it's more stable.

To Anyone:

There's a certain bug I've seen when others are playing it where the weapons sprites become misaligned with the bottom of the screen - there's a gap between the weapon and the bottom of the screen. It seems related to 'vertical sway' which I know some mods offer. I can't recreate this myself no matter what I try... :?
DitheredOutput

Re: SIREN TC | v0.3

Post by DitheredOutput »

Updated to 0.3!

New plasma rifle!
New fixes!

More media to follow...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ys2gc- ... sp=sharing
Leglock

Post by Leglock »

DoomwithaView wrote:Updated to 0.3!

New plasma rifle!
New fixes!

More media to follow...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ys2gc- ... sp=sharing

Sweet!

I will test it when I get back home!

Do you have a changelog?
DitheredOutput

Post by DitheredOutput »

Leglock wrote:
Do you have a changelog?
I've updated the changelog in the first post. Probably not an exhaustive list of changes but the main highlights.
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

This looks wicked! Very moody.
Leglock

Post by Leglock »

OK, I just messed around a little bit, I seen some of the new stuff like the new pinkies and I love them.

Quick tests:
*Melee combat feels a little bit too powerful, and has a lot of range. Alt fire can make you fly if you time it right (you can cross huge gaps kicking right after the animation ends and you add a crazy speedboost).
*Glass-Walls act as a barrier but some source of damage can bypass the surface (Imps melee and fireballs, supershotgun alt fire, plasmagun alt fire).
*Assault rifle reload take away a full mag even if you reload 1 bullet. This is realistic, but the other weapons don't behave like this. (I kinda like the idea of adding an option of "realistic reload managment" of sorts).
*Cyber Demon deals AOE damage when he dies, I guess this was intentional.
*Shotgun Soldiers randomly can switch their head sprite with the shotgun-guy (don't know how to).

Check out the flying kick, is hilarious.
Leglock

Post by Leglock »

These two zones keep damaging the player.
r3ach5stars1
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by r3ach5stars1 »

great i hope this keep growin up wip

very good TC

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”