Spawn: Path to Damnation v1.3 (14/03/21)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Spawn: Path to Damnation v1.3 (14/03/21)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Al Simmons.

Former soldier, betrayed by his own commanders. In his ultimate demise, made a deal by selling his soul in the afterlife to Malebolgia, ruler of the eighth circle of Hell, all so he could see his beloved Wanda once more...but in doing so he became a Hellspawn, one of hell's most deadly warrior units.

Everyone already knows this story: it happened a long time ago and Malebolgia was killed, betrayed by Al just like he was by his superiors in life.

Even though Malebolgia should be dead by now, Spawn felt a demonic presence of the lower spheres coming to Earth. Another portal opened by Jason Wynn? Malebolgia coming back for vengeance? It doesn't really matter now.

Better send them back with some chains and bullets, maybe that'll help 'em stay where they really ought to.

In my 10th mod, you will take control of the coolest 90's anti-hero! Use chains, guns, spells, and what else you have at hand to kick ass and send those demons back to their home. Wanna know more about the mod and how to play? Read below!

G A M E P L A Y
Spoiler:

W E A P O N S
Spoiler:

S P E L L S
Spoiler:
L I N K S

D O W N L O A D !
Contains the main file (24mb).

S P A W N   J U K E B O X
Contains music from most Spawn games, aside from a few menu themes. No commercial musics (such as Iced Earth's The Dark Saga or the Movie Soundtrack) are included, for legal reasons. Even being protected by copyrights, the videogame OST's have the differential that they are not sold in physical/digital stores (220mb).

A L T E R N A T E   S O U N D S
Do you want more POWER to your guns? This patch by Wolvexus brings sounds for all guns and add that punch you want (800kb).
Spoiler: Credits
Have fun!!!

Spawn® 2023 is a property of Todd McFarlane Productions, Inc., TMP International, Inc., Todd McFarlane Entertainment, Inc., all Rights Reserved.
All characters, images and logos on this mod are protected by trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property laws.
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 49 times in total.
PatCatz2004

Re: Spawn: Path to Damnation

Post by PatCatz2004 »

I"VE BEEN WAITIN FOR THIS! THANK YOU!
JuliusKoolius

Post by JuliusKoolius »

I almost forgot about this, downloading now!
TommyGalano5
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TommyGalano5 »

SIR JOHN, is that you?

im tryin out this now
Valherran

Re: Spawn: Path to Damnation (v1.0)

Post by Valherran »

I was wondering when this would turn up, gonna check this out!
Leglock
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Leglock »

I normaly don't care about Brutal Doom, but Spwan deserves Brutal gore.

looks amazing, this screams TC!
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

I funnily wonder if the man before the demon was named Cosmo... =:)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Spawn: Path to Damnation (v1.0b hotfix)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

To all of you guys who downloaded the mod, i apologize and ask please to download again.

There was a bug i had to fix and now i think it's gone for good. If you want to know what it is, the akimbo spells and chains were being called twice, and i only fixed the necroplasm part. Should be fixed by now.
D3athStalker

Post by D3athStalker »

Just played a few maps of Evil Returns with this, really digging the mod so far!

Not sure if you're open to suggestions, but I'd love to see an ability for Spawn where he opens up his cape and proceeds to shoot all the weapons he has in his inventory, sorta like in his MK11 fatal blow. also dual wield sniper rifles plz
Lime

Post by Lime »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:To all of you guys who downloaded the mod, i apologize and ask please to download again.

There was a bug i had to fix and now i think it's gone for good. If you want to know what it is, the akimbo spells and chains were being called twice, and i only fixed the necroplasm part. Should be fixed by now.
I'm not sure about this, but I have a bug when I shot with a Single Pistol, It Automatically triggers a spell as well.
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

A little heads-up: you forgot to put the assault rifle in the pic of guns on the first page.
Otherwise, first impressions are great!
AstartesCitizen
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AstartesCitizen »

Another awesome mod has arrived!! Was expecting for this, but I was a bit surprise to see it so earlier, anyways, just the player sprites for Spawn looks great! (They are from a SNES game right?) gonna give it a spin right away! Because we are talking Spawn, expect demonic powers, guns, chains and a somewhat taste for BSDM suits (LOL, jk) I reccommend to play this with Project Malice Monsters, this pack have more monsters that I think do fit Spawn and more tougher than your vanilla baddies.

Thanks for this Doc looking foward for updates and other projects, cheers!!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

D3athStalker wrote:Just played a few maps of Evil Returns with this, really digging the mod so far!

Not sure if you're open to suggestions, but I'd love to see an ability for Spawn where he opens up his cape and proceeds to shoot all the weapons he has in his inventory, sorta like in his MK11 fatal blow. also dual wield sniper rifles plz
Hard to do, but cool idea, nonetheless =p

Dual wield snipers? :shock:
Jeimuzu73 wrote:A little heads-up: you forgot to put the assault rifle in the pic of guns on the first page.
Otherwise, first impressions are great!
Will fix, thanks!
Lime wrote: I'm not sure about this, but I have a bug when I shot with a Single Pistol, It Automatically triggers a spell as well.
You are not the first... I've received some reports. What system are you using? Any mods loaded with Spawn?

EDIT: My dudes, i was not able to replicate this single pistol bug. So please, check your keys in the Mod Options, check your "Mouse 1" and "Mouse 2" keys in "Customize Controls", try deselecting weapons and selecting them again... this is kinda weird. =p

Please let me know if further bugs appear.
FOUND THE LITTLE ONE
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Spawn: Path to Damnation (v1.0c hotfix) PISTOL FIXED

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Pistol bug was fixed, it happened when you had the "Auto fire" CVAR off.

Download link was updated, guys.

Or, you can download it here!
Ac!d

Re: Spawn: Path to Damnation (v1.0c hotfix) PISTOL FIXED

Post by Ac!d »

I have some feedback about the powerups : animated inventory icons with ANIMDEFS. That could be interesting.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”