Ported FauxDM Weapons

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Ported FauxDM Weapons

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Chances are, that if you have played Deathmatch Simulator by Kinsie, you may recognize these weapons. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=66264 I have high hopes that I will get in trouble, for various reasons, but I wanted to do this to convert the weapons into a DECORATE format, so, here are the credits along with the link as usual down below. Keep in mind that this is for a Zandronum crowd who are looking to play with the Deathmatch Simulator guns.

[UPDATE:] The new download link is live, but the pk3 is now a wad. And there have been some tweakings done to make them fit within Zandronum.
Spoiler:
Keep in mind that this is not all of the weapons, but I will try and release all the weapons I can rip so far.

Known Bugs so far:
-Incompatibility with Zandronum (Resolved)

DL Link has been removed due to this mod now being cancelled.

Almost forgot about screenshots! (Only have one thus far)
https://imgur.com/aE2VkNi

Before anyone SCREAMS at me. I HAVE PERMISSION FROM KINSIE TO DO THIS!
Last edited by AlphaSoraKun on Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:50 am, edited 11 times in total.
Artman2004

Re: Ported DMSim Weapons

Post by Artman2004 »

Do you plan on adding the other weapons (flamethrower, railgun, minigun)?

Also, did you get permission from Kinsie to post this?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Artman2004 wrote:Also, did you get permission from Kinsie to post this?
He did.
AlphaSoraKun

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Artman2004 wrote:Do you plan on adding the other weapons (flamethrower, railgun, minigun)?

Also, did you get permission from Kinsie to post this?
I have plans to add the Flamethrower, Railgun and Minigun.

I asked Kinsie before I posted.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Will you add the smg? It's just that it's on the box art for Doom but hardly any mods actually feature it.
AlphaSoraKun

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

TheOldKingCole wrote:Will you add the smg? It's just that it's on the box art for Doom but hardly any mods actually feature it.
Just did, but I'll need to update the download link.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

NeonLights95 wrote:
TheOldKingCole wrote:Will you add the smg? It's just that it's on the box art for Doom but hardly any mods actually feature it.
Awesome, thanks!
AlphaSoraKun

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

TheOldKingCole wrote:
NeonLights95 wrote:
Awesome, thanks!
No problem.
TheGrandGumby
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by TheGrandGumby »

Can I include this in my Oblige mod? https://github.com/mridlen/Oblige_Realm667

I'm trying to include as many weapons and monsters as possible.
AlphaSoraKun

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

TheGrandGumby wrote:Can I include this in my Oblige mod? https://github.com/mridlen/Oblige_Realm667

Ask Kinsie, please.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

TheGrandGumby wrote:Can I include this in my Oblige mod? https://github.com/mridlen/Oblige_Realm667

You can use them if you apply the proper credits from DM Simulator's CREDITS.TXT file... but should you? According to your readme, your package already contains 115 different weapons. I'm going to say, based on the DM Sim weapons being fairly similar to Doom's in purpose, at least half of those already do the exact same thing my weapons do, so all they'd really do is make scrolling to a specific desired weapon take a fraction longer.

Big number-focused "HUNDREDS OF MONSTERS/GUNS/ETC." packs are fun to compile, but they can quickly become difficult to keep working, both bug-wise and balance-wise. I'd personally focusing on a smaller, more unique set of arsenal/beastiary additions, so that every new addition has something interesting to contribute to the fight.
TheGrandGumby
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by TheGrandGumby »

Kinsie wrote:

You can use them if you apply the proper credits from DM Simulator's CREDITS.TXT file... but should you? According to your readme, your package already contains 115 different weapons. I'm going to say, based on the DM Sim weapons being fairly similar to Doom's in purpose, at least half of those already do the exact same thing my weapons do, so all they'd really do is make scrolling to a specific desired weapon take a fraction longer.

Big number-focused "HUNDREDS OF MONSTERS/GUNS/ETC." packs are fun to compile, but they can quickly become difficult to keep working, both bug-wise and balance-wise. I'd personally focusing on a smaller, more unique set of arsenal/beastiary additions, so that every new addition has something interesting to contribute to the fight.
Thanks!

One of the ideas with my Oblige mod is that you can turn off the weapons and only add a small roster of weapons. It's not exactly like a monster randomizer; you have full control of which weapons and monsters you want to appear.

And you are right, it is difficult to keep working at least bug-wise. The 4 letter sprite may have been a great idea in 1993, but in 2020 it's draconian. Keeping the actors unique is a pain, but fairly straightforward (I have a good process for that). Oblige does a good job of balancing the monsters, but the weapons require a fair bit of tweaking. The biggest challenge is getting the Weapon.SlotPriority and Weapon.SelectionOrder set correctly.
Panzermann11
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Re: Ported FauxDM Weapons

Post by Panzermann11 »

Having custom sounds from the original mod would be great too.
AlphaSoraKun

Re: Ported FauxDM Weapons

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Finder153 wrote:Having custom sounds from the original mod would be great too.
It would make sense. I'd need to find the pistol sound though.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”