Ac!d's Eriguns

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ac!d

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.8

Post by Ac!d »

Update ! (Version 1.8 - 13 Jul 2020)

Changelog :

- Added 3 new powerups (can replace Berserk, InvunerabilitySphere and BlurSphere in the options)
- Added new tracers
- Added new BFG Ball (based on Xaser's Parkour)
Ac!d

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.9

Post by Ac!d »

Update ! (Version 1.9 - 29 Aug 2020)

Changelog :

- Added new options for the AutoShotgun and the Nailgun
- Added new BFG Ball and effects for Plasma Ball
- Improved code
- Edited pickups sprites (Avoid problems with custom palettes)
- Changed the quick punch with a quick kick (kick sprites are affected the color of your skin, but it's have some issues)

- Added compatibility with monters packs.
:!: Some enemies of the Kriegsland Enemies Pack aren't affected by fire damage (see "Hud and Miscellaneous" options)
DoubleCakes

Post by DoubleCakes »

I keep getting a crashed when a grenade from the grenade launcher explodes. GZDoom just quits.

It's a gruesome error but this mod otherwise seems very good, and i like what I've played so far!
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

DoubleCakes wrote:I keep getting a crashed when a grenade from the grenade launcher explodes. GZDoom just quits.

It's a gruesome error but this mod otherwise seems very good, and i like what I've played so far!
I've tested with the 1.9 version and I didn't have any error.
- Did you play my mod with a map pack / monster pack / mod ?
- Which version of GZDoom are you using ? (4.4.2 or pre-4.5)

Answer to these questions will be very useful for understanding this crash, but also avoid to new bugs and crashes for the next update (which i'm currently working).
DoubleCakes

Post by DoubleCakes »

I've tested on both gzDoom 4.4.2 and pre-4.5, with and without custom maps. I get the error but I've realized something that it only happens when the grenade countsdown and explodes. If I fire a grenade at an enemy, and it explodes on impact, then it doesn't crash. The grenade explodes normally.
DoubleCakes

Post by DoubleCakes »

I think its a conflict between the explosion crater decal and Doom Software Renderer. When I fire an explosive weapon on DSR, it crashes, but not if I set the render mode to True Color or Hardware Accelerated (although True Color doesn't paste the decal properly and its standing up on the ground like a regular sprite). After getting those explosion blast sprite to appear and I switch back to Doom Software Renderer, it crashes again.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

DoubleCakes wrote:I think its a conflict between the explosion crater decal and Doom Software Renderer. When I fire an explosive weapon on DSR, it crashes, but not if I set the render mode to True Color or Hardware Accelerated (although True Color doesn't paste the decal properly and its standing up on the ground like a regular sprite). After getting those explosion blast sprite to appear and I switch back to Doom Software Renderer, it crashes again.
I try and it didn't crash for me. The "RocketFloorScorch" is just a sprite, not a model (put on the floor with the flag +FLATSPRITE). This actor is used for the player's rockets, grenades and seeker missiles when they explode on the floor.
Ac!d

Re: Ac!d's Eriguns 1.9b

Post by Ac!d »

Update ! (Version 1.9b - 2 Nov 2020)

Changelog :

- Improved code for the weapons
- Edited sprites for the powerups (runes and computer area map)
- Decreased LostSoul's health (100 to 25)
A_gunFlash

Post by A_gunFlash »

The same in software renderer. Crash while using rocketlauncher. This does not happen immediately and far from the first time. But when it's happen throws out on the desktop. My life stopped when this error was discovered and all these megawads that I can not walkthrough...
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

The "floor scorch" effect for rocket, grenades and seeker missiles doesn't work on "Doom Software Mode" and "True Color SW Renderer". I will made an option for the next update. (You can select the "Hardware Renderer" without searching in the GZDoom options.)

That's all I can do for the moment. Sorry.
SMG54321

Post by SMG54321 »

Hi, just wondering about the whole thing with the shotguns in 1.9? I can't use the shotgun or the ssg anymore because of it? I originally thought it was incendiary shell were on but that wasn't it, Can you at least tell me how the shotguns work in 1.9? Thanks in advance.
Ac!d

Post by Ac!d »

SMG54321 wrote:Hi, just wondering about the whole thing with the shotguns in 1.9? I can't use the shotgun or the ssg anymore because of it?
You can select in the options the weapons you want during your gameplay. For the shotguns, I've got some issues, but the "supershotgun spawn" will be still available for the next update.
SMG54321 wrote:I originally thought it was incendiary shell were on but that wasn't it
Incendiary shells works for the auto shotgun only. You can enable/disable this modification in the options like the nailgun charge. These "weapons effects" are used if you want to play my mod with monsters packs.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Pretty good mod! Have you considered adding an option to make only the new items spawn, i.e. all max health and armor bonuses?

On a more critical note, though, I have to wonder: once you acquire the AutoShotgun, is there a reason to ever use the pump-action shotgun again? If not, then why not make the AutoShotgun an upgrade so that in the event that you have to switch between the AutoShotgun and the Supershotgun, you do not have to select the Shotgun every time?

And finally, would it not make more sense to assign the Grenade Launcher to a different weapon slot like in Quake? It may use rocket ammunition but its mode of fire is rather different than the Rocket Launcher and the Missile Launcher.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Crap... Just as I was starting to enjoy myself with your mod, I get crash after crash. Apparently, it always happens when I am dual-wielding pistols. :?
SMG54321

Post by SMG54321 »

Ac!d wrote:
SMG54321 wrote:Hi, just wondering about the whole thing with the shotguns in 1.9? I can't use the shotgun or the ssg anymore because of it?
You can select in the options the weapons you want during your gameplay. For the shotguns, I've got some issues, but the "supershotgun spawn" will be still available for the next update.
SMG54321 wrote:I originally thought it was incendiary shell were on but that wasn't it
Incendiary shells works for the auto shotgun only. You can enable/disable this modification in the options like the nailgun charge. These "weapons effects" are used if you want to play my mod with monsters packs.
Yeah but every time i pick either the regular shotgun or the ssg, a message pops up saying "You unloaded the shotgun/super shot gun!". To be fair i do have the auto shotgun set to appear in vanilla ssg locations, but it's hard for me to get through the first map of some of my favorite wads (D2TWID, UltDoom2, Biowar, ect) with only a machine gun and dual pistols.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”