Ashes Afterglow TC - closing the vault

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Team Assembled

Post by Vostyok »

Updated the front page with a weapons guide. Adding items, monsters and other stuff at some point.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

I made an edited version of the FAL addon for 2063, would it be okay for me to share it on that thread or this one?
Leglock
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Leglock »

Ashes 2063 is by far one of my favourites TC. Everything in that games touches the right buttoms for me.

I can't wait for Afterglow!
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

TheOldKingCole wrote:I made an edited version of the FAL addon for 2063, would it be okay for me to share it on that thread or this one?
I'm not sure if it will be compatible with the current working mod, but I am interested to see it. Post it here, if you like. The old thread is sealed and will not reopen for some time.

Also on the subject, TheRailgunner, you already have my permission to make whatever changes necessary if you decide to remake Jetfire.

Leglock, thanks for the comment :) I hope the wait was worth it.

Added an enemy roster on the front page with some of the current planned bestiary. Expect changes or additions. Mutation is never predictable.
atarumoroboshi18

Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Team Assembled

Post by atarumoroboshi18 »

Damn, just replayed A2063 again. Super fun! The levels really are the star of the show, packed with tons of details in everything. I'm super stoked for Ashes: Afterglow!
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Vostyok wrote:
TheOldKingCole wrote:I made an edited version of the FAL addon for 2063, would it be okay for me to share it on that thread or this one?
I'm not sure if it will be compatible with the current working mod, but I am interested to see it. Post it here, if you like. The old thread is sealed and will not reopen for some time.

Also on the subject, TheRailgunner, you already have my permission to make whatever changes necessary if you decide to remake Jetfire.

Leglock, thanks for the comment :) I hope the wait was worth it.

Added an enemy roster on the front page with some of the current planned bestiary. Expect changes or additions. Mutation is never predictable.
Thanks

So I made it so that the the FAL can use the knife melee and well as zoom separately, as well as using the same ammo as the Ingram

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CLcbwh ... sp=sharing
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Heh, that's pretty cool. Maybe we can use that in Afterglow. The Zoom key is being used for special functions like the lantern now.

Updated weapons guide to include items.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Vostyok wrote:Heh, that's pretty cool. Maybe we can use that in Afterglow. The Zoom key is being used for special functions like the lantern now.

Updated weapons guide to include items.
Awesome. Also let me tell you it was fun journey trying to figure out how to make it so that holding the zoom key didn't rapid fire zooming and unzooming
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yeah, that was pretty neat trick! I found out the hard way that +NOAUTOFIRE doesn't work on zooms or reloads :D

New feature has been tentatively included in the current working build:

By popular demand, the lantern can now be used in tandem with one-handed weapons such as the Crowbar, Revolver and 9mm Autoloader.
It clips on your belt when not in use now, so automatically recharges in sunlight, no matter what you are doing. I've also added a literal battery counter to both huds.

If it works during the playtest, I'll think about running this in the full version.

Disclaimer: Production model. Styles and colors may vary than that shown.
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Vostyok wrote:Yeah, that was pretty neat trick! I found out the hard way that +NOAUTOFIRE doesn't work on zooms or reloads :D

By popular demand, the lantern can now be used in tandem with one-handed weapons such as the Crowbar, Revolver and 9mm Autoloader.
It clips on your belt when not in use now, so automatically recharges in sunlight, no matter what you are doing. I've also added a literal battery counter to both huds.

If it works during the playtest, I'll think about running this in the full version.

If you need any help with play testing I would be glad to help. I've done that for a handful of mods in the past, specifically Ali's Challenger (Also known as Ali's Brutal Doom)
JunkerKun

Post by JunkerKun »

Vostyok wrote:Yeah, that was pretty neat trick! I found out the hard way that +NOAUTOFIRE doesn't work on zooms or reloads :D

Nice! I haven't used the lantern in the first episode because it was safer to just hump the walls with a shotgun in hands )
Should crowbar be concidered a single-handed weapon though?

Will you update weapon sprites for the first episode after the release?
JMP-Jack

Post by JMP-Jack »

If you need a couple of 80s style guitar solos for free, you can count on me. I can collaborate with Primeval for the main or the ending track if he want.
My skills:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPAYZo ... subscriber
or
https://www.instagram.com/jmp_jack_1/?hl=it
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Vostyok wrote:

You know, maybe i gave a lot of suggestions and feedback to Ashes back in the day, but i honestly never thought of that. But i do wonder how's he gonna load his weapon especially the revolver?
JunkerKun

Post by JunkerKun »

Captain J wrote:
Vostyok wrote:

You know, maybe i gave a lot of suggestions and feedback to Ashes back in the day, but i honestly never thought of that. But i do wonder how's he gonna load his weapon especially the revolver?
Main character magic )
But yeah. I guess the lantern will be hidden during reload?
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

This is SOOOOO cool ...I will play the hell out of this mod

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”