Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.11) Give up your soul for extra points

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Accensus

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.5.2) "(PROPER)NETCODE EDITION"

Post by Accensus »

This is a nasty side effect of moving to StaticEventHandler in the middle of a game and only affects save games made with a version prior to 1.5.0. Either finish the level without opening the scorecard or start a new game.
Tapwave
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Tapwave »

saladofstones wrote: edit: I also get extremely heavy FPS loss if i hold down he down or up key to navigate menus.
This is unusual, but it might be due to loading a long list of monster types or weapon types.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Didn't you get the same thing when you found that uncloseable scorecard bug with an older save? Still, this is definitely an issue with the immense amount of data that is iterated over whenever you change weapons. I have some ideas on how to fix it, but I'm not sure. Will need to do some tests. Change may be volatile. If it is, I'll leave it for 2.0.0.
Tapwave

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.6) "AMAZEBALLS!"

Post by Tapwave »

hey okay, so basically this is like, totally new shiz
Before using 1.6.0, make a backup of your config if you have played with a previous version of the mod.

If any progress loss is observed after loading the mod, restore the old config and open it, then:

Look for any duplicate entries in wt_stats_weapons_kills. To find the class name of the affected weapon(s), type chat_substitution true in the console, then type "$weapon" in the chat while holding the affected weapon. Once you figure that out, remove the extraneous classes from the config, save, and reload. Everything should be working fine once that is done.

Why do this?
The old approach assumed that GetClassName() would always return the exact same string every single time, and for the longest time it did, until recently when it started creating duplicating entries, which messed things up (only visually) because Dictionaries are case sensitive. I did not know that at the time and did not account for it. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. This will no longer be a problem in future versions.

Highlights:

Refactored almost the entire mod. This MASSIVELY boosted performance and laid the groundwork for a lot of future subsystems.

New Features:

Add option to save stats at any time.

Visual:

Added player name to Lite HUD. Is toggleable. Might have to readjust the visibility settings.

Other:

Edit README.md to state that multiplayer is untested.
Update readme to remove memory leak warning. Leak is virtually gone after the refactor.
Accensus

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.6) "AMAZEBALLS!"

Post by Accensus »

Multiplayer was just tested and seems to work for the most part, but it still needs some further testing. Also data saving is no longer done every 10 tics. Instead, it's done on map exit or when quitting the game. Alternatively, using the dedicated command for it, which can be bound to a key (see options).

Please report anything you find. This was a huge refactor that moved almost 80% of data out of UI scope. Most bugs have been fixed, but there's always the possibility that I missed something.
Tapwave

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.6.1) "AMAZEBALLS! WOW!"

Post by Tapwave »

Oops! All quality control!
Fixes:
- Init the Lite HUD when resetting progress. Not doing this resulted in the weapon not disappearing until you switched to something.
- Don't increment some kill variables when making the first kill.
- Fix manual saving not working.

Visual:
- Add tag for HDBossBrain.

Performance:
- Don't call GetTotalKillsEver() in Initalize().
- Don't call Get* functions when it's not necessary.

Other:
- Don't allow manual saving if kill saving is disabled. In the case of automatic saving, turn off kill saving and restore old stats first.
- Update README.md to confirm once again that mod works in multiplayer through the power of Sledge energy.
Tapwave

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.6.1) "AMAZEBALLS! WOW!"

Post by Tapwave »

There are reports of GZD 4.4.0 potentially resetting your INI. To prevent progress loss, BACK UP YOUR CONFIGURATION FILE. If necessary, you can then copy over the wartrophies data from your old INI.
Tapwave

Re: WAR TROPHIES (1.6.2) "AMAZEBALLS! WOW! DAMN!"

Post by Tapwave »

Yupdate
New features:
- Added autosave option.

Fixes:
- Don't try to save data to a null CVar. This makes sure running GZDoom with "-norun" would not nuke the stats.
- Fixed main page weapon list selection index going under 0.
- Fixed division by zero.
- Fixed screen misalignment on some pages.
- Fixed IWAD weapons showing up on the Scorecard with Filter_None. They will still show up on the Lite HUD.

Visual:
- Don't show "stats saved" message when autosaving.
- Sort weapon and monster lists by kills where applicable.
- Added tags for HD's map-placed corpses that have been raised and killed.

Other:
- Updated tags and folders after the Bullet-Eye refactor. This means that 1.6.2 would only work with the latest dev build of Bullet-Eye or stable 0.11.0 (when it's out).
- Blacklist HD's WeaponStashSwitcher.
- "Normalized" Lite HUD offsets. That didn't work out as planned but it's still an improvement.
Akai

Post by Akai »

I'm happy I saw this mod before I went on a doom spree again. It's nice to see exactly how much carnage you've left behind!

I do have a feature request though. Would it be possible to add an option to only save stats on successful level completion? So if you die or reset a level, those kills/stats don't get updated? I'd like to see what I was able to kill overall without dying. :)
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

Unfortunately there's a major technical issue with your feature request, and that's saving the game would not save the stats, because there's no way to tell when someone has saved, as far as I know. That'd also mean that quitting the game would not save stats either, unlike now where it does. There's also the fact that I, quoting myself: "avoid breathing in the general direction of the stat saving." I'm sorry.
Xerenogan

Post by Xerenogan »

Wow! This scratches an itch that I was not aware I had. I really like this. The only perturbation experienced was with the rapid fire changing of game-play mods in relation to the weapons list. It correctly changes redundancies based on whether I have "All" or "None" selected in the filtering options (weapons and monsters). This is correct behavior as I understand it. It would be cool if it filtered by pwad like the gzdoom.ini does, but the way I understand that this works, I don't think this is possible (or maybe it's something I'm being dumb about on my end). Either way, I absolutely love this thing. I added it to my global auto load list.

Take care buddy!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Before i started to go back to survival horror experiences (and thus using more minimalistic sub-mods),

one of my favorite things was to load my favorite mods with as much monster mods as possible and fill this huge... monsterdex of doom mods :lol:
Xerenogan

Post by Xerenogan »

I'm having a strange graphical problem when running with metadoom. The status bar is shifted up the screen in both normal and in the map. Changing the scale fixes the normal game screen, but not the map.
error_hud.jpg
error_map.jpg
I've tested in both the latest and a fresh build of GZDoom 4.4.2. I've also tried generating a fresh ini, tried both the latest stable and dev versions of wartrophies with the same problem.
I've also tried messing around with the display resolution, both real and virtual.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: A workaround for now seems to be to delete the offending image "hudback.png". This will work for now, but I'd rather figure out the underlying issue.
Accensus

Post by Accensus »

This might be the HUD injection code messing things up but I won't know for sure until a bit later when I can test it. Got a strange feeling it might not be easily fixable, if at all.
Tapwave

Post by Tapwave »

You should probably post this in the Metadoom thread, it might interest Kinsie as well.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”