Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.7]

Post by NightFright »

At the end of the day, the deviation is so minor that you really need to take a super close look to notice it. And I assume if you remove that .5 from the values, it's going to be misaligned on the other side of the image. Since it's also depending on certain circumstances and won't occur all the time, it would just break other cases if a change was made.
hybridial

Post by hybridial »

Hi, I was using this mod along with Hexen Rebalanced by ReaperAA over on Doomworld - https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... en-beta-6/

And basically the 4th weapon doesn't show up in the HUD when both are loaded. I tested it and it works properly when they are loaded seperately, but when used together the pieces don't show in either the full screen or normal HUD. Any idea if this is fixable? Would be neat because I feel like this is the HUD I like the most, and Hexen's a lot more fun to play with this Rebalance mod.
3saster

Post by 3saster »

hybridial wrote:Hi, I was using this mod along with Hexen Rebalanced by ReaperAA over on Doomworld - https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... en-beta-6/

And basically the 4th weapon doesn't show up in the HUD when both are loaded. I tested it and it works properly when they are loaded seperately, but when used together the pieces don't show in either the full screen or normal HUD. Any idea if this is fixable? Would be neat because I feel like this is the HUD I like the most, and Hexen's a lot more fun to play with this Rebalance mod.
Hexen is the one that's annoyingly the easiest to break, since there is a bunch of hardcoded stuff that's difficult to bypass without hardcoding for specific mods. I'll look into it this for sure (I'd love Hexen rebalanced as well), but things have been a little slow lately, I haven't really had much time to work on this the last couple months.

For an update, I'm working to try to make sure that the next version of this mod (5.2.0 probably) will be the final version as far as features go, ideally, since I consider this mod to be very close to feature complete (this isn't ingrained in stone however; it's more that I consider there really isn't much left to do in the scope of this mod). The main things I want to do are:

1. Strife support. This would be the big thing left to be done, but it won't be easy (I've never actually played Strife, for example, so that needs to be done first).
2. Allow more control over certain elements. For example, mix fractions with percents, or move panels to arbitrary locations (we'll see what exactly happens here).
3. Add/verify compatibility with every single wad on idgames where this makes sense (yes, really). I even wrote a script that downloads all the wads from idgames with custom HUD graphics; this amounts to about 1250 wads to check. If you don't believe me, check the compat branch on github!

This project has been a little dormant lately, but don't worry, it is far from dead!
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Crazy how far this mod developed after the ZScript rewrite. When I remember what I did with that SBARINFO spaghetti code at first... oh boy.
hybridial

Post by hybridial »

Thanks 3saster, I appreciate it.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

It seems there is finally some movement regarding the system clock feature we had in mind for the level stats display. 3saster's code has finally been greenlit for merge with QZDoom for testing, meaning it should hopefully find its way into GZDoom eventually.

While this may not be a big thing and not something everybody of you may be waiting for, it's a feature on my personal wishlist since I prefer it over the level time display.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

I have tried this mod today and it's awesome, I like the transparency setting.
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

NightFright wrote:3saster's code has finally been greenlit for merge with QZDoom for testing, meaning it should hopefully find its way into GZDoom eventually.
Wait... the clock code, or the status bar code?
3saster

Post by 3saster »

Scuba Steve wrote:
NightFright wrote:3saster's code has finally been greenlit for merge with QZDoom for testing, meaning it should hopefully find its way into GZDoom eventually.
Wait... the clock code, or the status bar code?
My clock code! With this (assuming no radical changes by the time it gets into GZDoom proper), you'll be able to get the system's current time, as well as format it and make it look however you want. This gives potential for certain kinds of mods, here's a nice showcase of what could be done by Nash:
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Who wouldn't wanna have a Pinky tamagochi? :D But seriiusly, it's great that many other projects may profit from this.
ReaperAA
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ReaperAA »

hybridial wrote:Hi, I was using this mod along with Hexen Rebalanced by ReaperAA over on Doomworld - https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... en-beta-6/

Hi, Hybridial.

I am 99% sure I know the reason why this is happening. My mod contains modified inherited Quietus (Fighter's 4th weapon) and Bloodscourge (Mage's 4th weapon). In order to obtain the modified weapons from weapon pieces, I also had to modify the weapon pieces. Then I had to define a SBARINFO to make those new weapon pieces show.

The problem is that the SBARINFO/ZScript HUD code for Fullscreen Statusbar mod is obviously made for vanilla Hexen. The only solution I can think right now is to provide a custom version of this mod specifically for Hexen Rebalanced. If NightFright and 3saster allow it, I can provide a custom version this Statusbar mod as an addon for Hexen Rebalanced on my mod thread.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

As soon as you alter actors or graphics, the mod naturally reaches its limits since we have to use customized graphics for Hexen statusbar parts (we can't split it like in Doom since it's not symmetrical). If custom graphics are needed instead of a pure code-based solution, it would be better if you create your own solutions and post them in the respective thread of that project. We will still try to provide as much general compatibility as possible, provided it can be solved via ZScript.
3saster

Post by 3saster »

That's easily fixed actually with built-in compatibility, I did something similar with the WAHD mod. I can take a look at it once I (eventually) finish the idgames archive, I've been dealing with a lot of compatibility stuff; Heretic and Hexen generally require fancier changes, namely because of the nature of their statusbars, but the power of this mod's compatibility system has been getting more and more powerful. Among other things, check out Curse of D'Sparil once 5.2.0 eventually gets released; Agent_Ash was kind enough to provide me with some awesome widescreen graphics for it (though I guess that kind of stretches the definition of compatibility).
hybridial

Post by hybridial »

ReaperAA wrote:Hi, Hybridial.

I am 99% sure I know the reason why this is happening. My mod contains modified inherited Quietus (Fighter's 4th weapon) and Bloodscourge (Mage's 4th weapon). In order to obtain the modified weapons from weapon pieces, I also had to modify the weapon pieces. Then I had to define a SBARINFO to make those new weapon pieces show.

The problem is that the SBARINFO/ZScript HUD code for Fullscreen Statusbar mod is obviously made for vanilla Hexen. The only solution I can think right now is to provide a custom version of this mod specifically for Hexen Rebalanced. If NightFright and 3saster allow it, I can provide a custom version this Statusbar mod as an addon for Hexen Rebalanced on my mod thread.
Hey ReaperAA, Just letting you know I finally read this, I forgot to check this thread for a while. I did finish a fighter playthrough with your mod, then I started a mage playthrough with vanilla gameplay just to compare, but yeah I tend to sometimes leave playthroughs hanging then go back to them or start the game again a lot, but however this problem is solved, I look forward being able to play both mods seemlessly together sometime.
Modo
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Modo »

Sorry to derail this topic.
Is DTDsphere no longer active? I prefered asking here instead of bumping older threads. As a new user I'm not authorized to look profiles nor contact them. Do you know how I can reach him, NightFright?

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”