[Abandonded] "Man Is The Warmest Place To Hide"

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Apeirogon

Re: [WIP] "Man Is The Warmest Place To Hide"

Post by Apeirogon »

Someone on youtube asked me to create a compatibility patch using sprites from here
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66132
Here actual patch
https://github.com/MekBoss/Stopsignals_Beastiary
It replaces all intact human bodies on level with bodies with "surprise"
The Philosopher
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by The Philosopher »

Apeirogon wrote:Someone on youtube asked me to create a compatibility patch using sprites from here
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66132
Here actual patch
https://github.com/MekBoss/Stopsignals_Beastiary
It replaces all intact human bodies on level with bodies with "surprise"
What a coincidence! In the lastest version i replaced the Pinky Demons with the same sprites.

I probably release the test version tomorrow, inactivity has benn because of my whole country situation, so stay stuned for the update!
Valken

Post by Valken »

Really awesome! Has that Carrion feel to it.... Would it be possible to borrow the Carrion sprites to take that monster to the next level chomping on bodies left in the map?
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Cool, glad to hear there's an update on the way! I like where this mod is going, feels like it mostly just needs polish and a replacement of the monsters/weapons that are left to do.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Awesome ...an update :):):) sooo cool
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

So I've been playing this a bit, and I love the ideas behind it. I really do. I want to love this mod.

But it just does all these really dumb frustrating things that--and I want to be clear here--I don't blame you for doing. These are things that doom mods just kinda do sometimes, because they're all habits that developed out of mods where they aren't bad habits. But they're not things that are conducive to a survival horror mod, and they REALLY aren't conducive to a mod where the player's already at a disadvantage due to being slower and not being able to get back up.

I write this, not because I hate this mod, but because I love it. I want to see it become better; I want to see it grow into something amazing.

To that end, here's the giant fucking rant.
Spoiler:
And some suggestions for how to fix these:
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hell, that feedback is useful for a LOT of modders, even me.

I approve and agree with breez, and i would add that weapons should not lock you in place when reloading, but drastically reduce your speed.

I have a code for the medkit to avoid wasting the extra units if you want.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

I wonder, would it be possible to have an item you can use to burn enemies and finish them? Something like a match or flare ala Evil Within where it's risky because you have to get really close, but you can stockpile them and they're useful to clean up after a fight. So you drop/throw it on the corpse and it does damage to it, causing it to burn up. It'd probably still deal some damage to enemies as well, but throwing a lit flare at something *is* gonna burn it, so as long as they're not one hitting everything I think it'd work.
The Philosopher

dawnbreez wrote:So I've been playing this a bit, and I love the ideas behind it. I really do. I want to love this mod.

But it just does all these really dumb frustrating things that--and I want to be clear here--I don't blame you for doing. These are things that doom mods just kinda do sometimes, because they're all habits that developed out of mods where they aren't bad habits. But they're not things that are conducive to a survival horror mod, and they REALLY aren't conducive to a mod where the player's already at a disadvantage due to being slower and not being able to get back up.

I write this, not because I hate this mod, but because I love it. I want to see it become better; I want to see it grow into something amazing.

To that end, here's the giant fucking rant.
Spoiler:
And some suggestions for how to fix these:
Spoiler:
Hello! Thanks for the suggestions, ill try to answer them the best

- The ammo spawners i made them to spawn more common type of ammo ex: Shells will spawn more frequently than 40mm grenades, but i think i could spawn ammo for the respective monsters spawners like Shotgun Guy spawned enemies could drop Shells or something like that

- Ill try to change the Hunter transparency, maybe making him invicible when he gets hurt and going to a "Frightened" mode when he is in that mode and then turn to normal

-The dogs for now are non present in the build i have, i removed them with the scuttler for now, as i am trying to keep all of the enemies melee only.

-The AWP is replaced with the PSG semi auto rifle, i will try to reduce the zooming in that too

-The Blowtorch is removed for now

-I do not know how to "lock" using the health items while full health, maybe using the Strife code for health?

And for the updates here are some of the features:

-Based on the RE aiming system, weapons need to be drawn to be used (Firing and Reloading), you cannot move while the weapon is drawn

-Changed the sprites of the Carcass and the Bloodsucker

-Monsters will not always spawn, so encountering them will be less freuquent

-Reduced Health and Speed on most enemies

-Buffed the Flamethrower and now the GL will deal fire damage

-Removed the M202 and the Blowtorch
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

pm me about the health code dude, i can help you.
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Have you thought about adding more fire-based weaponry? Like flare guns and molotov cocktails?
The Philosopher

Artman2004 wrote:Have you thought about adding more fire-based weaponry? Like flare guns and molotov cocktails?
I did actually, i just couldn't find the sprites for it
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

The Philosopher wrote:
Artman2004 wrote:Have you thought about adding more fire-based weaponry? Like flare guns and molotov cocktails?
I did actually, i just couldn't find the sprites for it
IIRC, there's a flaregun somewhere on r667...
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Killing time had a molotov, and i screen ripped one from Medal of Honor too.
r&r

Post by r&r »

A compatibly mod for Cold as Hell Special Edition,
would be good for this mod

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”