[RELEASE] Bimmy's Companions 1.0 - COMPLETE REWORK

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

[RELEASE] Bimmy's Companions 1.0 - COMPLETE REWORK

Post by Baratus »

Eight limbs and twenty four shots. You have good reason to be more afraid of her than any demon. That's good.

This mod adds Cordie from the web animation pilot Cliffside into Doom.
She can be summoned from an item in your inventory and will seek out enemies to kill. You can use the item again to return her to your location.
She has a variety of attacks, most of which will drop enemies like flies, from deathly accurate revolver shots to slashing claws, snaring them in a sticky web, and other deadly surprises.
If you ever wanted to even the odds against you, or if you're tired of flying solo, and long for the company of an adorable alternate Wild West inhabiting spider monster, this mod has you covered!

This mod is compatible with different IWADs such as Heretic and Hexen, and works with a variety of mods, including High Noon Drifter!

Get it now on itch.io!
DOWNLOAD HERE
(current version: v1.0, 26-11-2021)
Spoiler: Changelog
Extra big huge thanks to Skelegant for contributing a lot of code, and for all the encouragement and support.
Spoiler: CREDITS
Last edited by Baratus on Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:55 am, edited 12 times in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [RELEASE] Cordie Companion Mod

Post by Captain J »

Very cute and sweet companion mod. Definitely suits for High-noon Drifter and Gunfighter!
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

She's in Doom, shouldn't she be quad-wielding chainguns like Mecha-Hitler?
Last edited by EddieMann on Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

I remember watching that pilot, I liked it but not sure if it went anywhere yet. Although I dunno if it is just me, but she lacks a tad bit or ether shading or maybe outline? I dunno, might try it some time.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Untitled »

Not sure if this is intentional or not, but Cordie isn't actually counted as a monster (missing the +ISMONSTER flag), so as a result, doom monsters can't actually target her.
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Yaaaaaaaasssssss. <3
Baratus

Post by Baratus »

Untitled wrote:Not sure if this is intentional or not, but Cordie isn't actually counted as a monster (missing the +ISMONSTER flag), so as a result, doom monsters can't actually target her.
Thanks for spotting that, they were only targeting her after she attacks, or targeting the player first.
I'll add that flag, and any other missing flags that are pertinent.
Baratus

Post by Baratus »

A new version has been released, fixing a lot of bugs and giving Cordie a new ability!

She will now drop ammo for you on rare occasions. This works with weapon mods that replace the standard Doom ammo.
You can now download a patch for Heretic/Hexen that replaces the items she drops to the game you are playing.

DOWNLOAD HERE
(current version: v6, 16-08-2020)

Heretic Patch
Hexen Patch

Changelog included in the first post.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Awesome

Soooo Awesome
Can we also get the new robot girl ??
Baratus

[RELEASE] Bimmy's Companions! Vivian released!

Post by Baratus »

Got TWO big updates for you! Cordie has been updated with better sprites, and a new challenger enters the fray - Vivian the Shadow Sprite!
Spoiler: SCREENIES
She will spear your foes with tendrils of darkness or put fiery hexes on them! She will also provide you with pickups that give you extra damage reduction!

Download Cordie
Download Vivian
These mods are compatible with each other, or with any other companion mods.
Make sure you are using the most up-to-date version of Cordie or there will be gameplay and compatibility errors.
Spoiler: CHANGELOG
Baratus

Post by Baratus »

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Awesome

Soooo Awesome
Can we also get the new robot girl ??
I just recently watched Internecion Cube, and while I like what I've seen of it so far, it's still in a very early stage. I like that Liam Vickers is still making stuff, and it seems that his writing has improved a lot. IC-0N is pretty good but I'm not how I could turn her into a companion. It could be done, but don't bet on it. Also, she kind of scares me.
Jimmy

Re: [RELEASE] Bimmy's Companions! Vivian released!

Post by Jimmy »

A companion with the ability to float, teleport around and throw morph projectiles at enemies to turn them into tiny cubes? :D
Baratus

Post by Baratus »

Good idea! Perhaps you can open them up and get randomised items! .....or sometimes just spits out blood and gore. "Item conversion failed! Thank you for your understanding!"

You know you might tempt me to make this into a thing. She seems to have two different designs in the animatic and the OST uploads, but I guess the latter might make more sense since it's coloured. Or maybe it's for story reasons that she has skin now? One shudders to imagine.
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

I have an idea too. It's based on your profile pics.

A companion that is transparent (maybe invisible) and wearing a sunglasses. The attacks are: Medium range force wall push where enemies and projectiles got pushed far away; A short range force slam attack where enemies and projectiles is reflected, with the enemies also got stunned a few seconds; A short-long sunlight beam where you reflected the sunlight with the sunglasses and focus it into a beam that can pierce enemies.
Baratus

Post by Baratus »

Update: Removed the Mini Cordie from appearing ingame. Cordie and Vivian's attacks have smaller radii and won't catch on corners, ledges and walls.

Download Cordie
Download Vivian

Return to “Gameplay Mods”