Rampancy - [2.0]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tesculpture

Re: Rampancy - [1.1]

Post by Tesculpture »

Apologies; my previous comments weren't particularly helpful. Either way, this is now my favourite monster replacement mod, both for the new, yet balanced, well crafted challenges it presents, and being able to fight something original that isn't demons. And of course, because ROBOTS.

I only wish there were some map sets to go with it; granted there are plenty of maps with a cyberpunk theme that the robots look right at home in, (some examples being Mutiny, Diabolus Ex and MMDCXIV) but they a)still contain references to a demon invasion which tends to break the immersion, and b) lack a traditionally implemented Icon o' Sin boss fight for the AI Core to replace.
saibog
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by saibog »

hi. just tried it. works well with [russian overkill 3.0a]. love it. many thanks for the truely awesome handiwork. :D
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I've just given version 1.1 a go with DRLA 1.1.4, and there appears to be a sprite name conflict between the debris sprites and DRLA's barrels.

If it helps, I'm loading DRLA after Rampancy, no other mods loaded.
Yholl

Re: Rampancy - [1.2]

Post by Yholl »

1.2 is now released, adding a few neat things and fixing the dreaded debris sprite conflicts.
Take One wrote:I admittedly have incredibly sensitive hearing, so it might just be a me problem, but thank you for looking into it.
fug sorry, I hadn't done stuff in a while and forgot about this when I was releasing this new version, my bad. I'll make sure to do so next update, I've got it written down.
PatCatz2004

Post by PatCatz2004 »

there is an new gameplay mod called Omega Zero btw
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

PatCatz2004 wrote:there is an new gameplay mod called Omega Zero btw
Uh, ok?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

PatCatz2004 wrote:there is an new gameplay mod called Omega Zero btw
I guess you're trying to say, this mod goes nice with Lizardcommando's Omega Zero mod?
openroadracer
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Just to ask: Does anyone know of a good texture replacement mod to go with this? I know Xim made a full Star Wars texture set; but as good as it is, I just don't think it quite fits here. I'd like something a bit more... Terminator-inspired, I think.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I only know of this https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7456
It's not really cybernetic but it's all I got for ya.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Rowsol wrote:I only know of this https://zandronum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7456
It's not really cybernetic but it's all I got for ya.
EDIT: Thanks a bunch, this actually fits quite well.

However, I've got a bit of negative feedback with regards to the Roller Bot, the Revenant replacement. It seems that levels that have Roller Bots in them take an eternity to load. I think it might be something to do with how the Roller was coded into the mod. I wouldn't know, I'm not a coder or anything. It just seems odd that this one enemy causes so much trouble with loading times.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I've put about 10 hours into this mod and never run into a loading issue. Try turning off "precache gl textures" in the texture options menu if it's on.
Last edited by Rowsol on Sun May 24, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
openroadracer

Post by openroadracer »

Rowsol wrote:I've put about 10 hours into this mod and never run into a loading issue. Try turning off "precache gl textures" in the texture options menu if it's on. If it's still a problem, try version 1.1. https://www.mediafire.com/file/hs4dka92 ... y.pk3/file
EDIT: Yeah, turning off "Precache GL Textures" did the trick. Thanks.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Still loving this, but have some issues and suggestions:
-The boss robots reference a Final Doomer DamageType called "C4", but the actual DamageType used by C4 in Final Doomer is "C4Explosive".

-Legendary Loader Bots have the special ability to "retaliate extremely quickly if flinched", but Legendary bosses are given +NOPAIN anyway, so the special ability never comes into play.

-The Defender Bots feel a bit underpowered compared to the other robots. Maybe if they fired more pellets, or the pellets did more damage?

-With regards to RL Arsenal, would you consider making the robots vulnerable to the Cyber-disrupting effect of the Nano-modded Steel Beast?
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Hey, i see the giant loader has berserk move if its health is extremely downed. But what about the big military walker? It just fires vulcan and rocket like it usually does.

And i really don't want to be that guy who dislikes the whole existence of repair bot, but for real, though. They unintentionally made Plutonia's MAP11 Hunted way a lot easier-- they don't even move right to the teleporter. They just stand in the cage!

So about that. Thankfully and unfortunately, some archvile jumpscares won't gonna work as they intended.
Yholl

Re: Rampancy - [1.3]

Post by Yholl »

Tesculpture wrote:Still loving this, but have some issues and suggestions:
-The boss robots reference a Final Doomer DamageType called "C4", but the actual DamageType used by C4 in Final Doomer is "C4Explosive".

-Legendary Loader Bots have the special ability to "retaliate extremely quickly if flinched", but Legendary bosses are given +NOPAIN anyway, so the special ability never comes into play.
Thanks, fixed.
Tesculpture wrote:-The Defender Bots feel a bit underpowered compared to the other robots. Maybe if they fired more pellets, or the pellets did more damage?
They're good at attrition, I'd rather not make them worse.
Tesculpture wrote:-With regards to RL Arsenal, would you consider making the robots vulnerable to the Cyber-disrupting effect of the Nano-modded Steel Beast?
I'll probably be removing that effect anyway, so no.

1.3 is out!
Main feature is a new menu option for scaling how much damage robots take.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”