The "Fresh Free Game Deals" Thread issues

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

The "Fresh Free Game Deals" Thread issues

Post by NeuralStunner »

EDIT: Everyone feel free to post here about problems with stuff from the freebies thread, so that one doesn't get cluttered up.

Kinsie wrote:Hitman Absolution is free at GOG for the next 72 hours to close out their summer sale in... well, not style since Absolution isn't exactly great, but in some way or another.
Anyone else get caught in an endless loop between the game page and the sale frontpage? Same issues in browser and the Galaxy client this time. Seems like there should be a "get the game" button on the game banner, but there's not. :?
Last edited by NeuralStunner on Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: The "Fresh Free Game Deals" Thread issues

Post by Rachael »

Split the topic so that a distracting discussion doesn't take place in the original.

As for your issue - try a private/incognito window without addons.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The GoG site really wasn't working well at all earlier today. It seems OK now and I just added Hitman Absolution to my collection.
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NeuralStunner »

Guessing it must've been server load. Tried it again later and it was fine - at least in the client, I don't know if FF and derivatives are working properly or not.

Rachael et al.: You could link this thread from the main one if you'd like, to encourage decluttering. It'll get lost quickly otherwise, I imagine.
Rachael
Admin

Post by Rachael »

Not a bad idea - I'll edit that in. I doubt many people are going to see it though unless they look at the first post in the thread.
Marisa the Magician

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: The "Fresh Free Game Deals" Thread

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Kinsie wrote:Spirits of Xanadu is free for some unspecified amount of time over at IndieGala along with a bunch of other games... but this is the only one that doesn't look like utter fucking trash so it's the only one I'm linking! Ha!
So, how exactly does one get that game? I don't see anything in the page indicating it. I already have an account and I'm logged in, but all I see is a "download not available" grayed out button.
axredneck
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by axredneck »

Return to “Off-Topic”