Treasure Tech (NEW 1.2 RELEASE!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cryomundus

Re: Treasure Tech (RELEASE 1.01 BUG FIX)

Post by Cryomundus »

Found a bug? It seems that the ammo pickups spawned from the ammo crate don't give you ammo for the pistol. The normal, map placed ammo pickups do, just not those.
Edward-The-Hazardous
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Edward-The-Hazardous »

Wario Land 4 is one of my favorite games of all time, so this is a more than pleasant surprise for me.

BRB, finishing the entire Classic series with this.
barosans

Post by barosans »

hey hyperultra64, i have suggestion for your mod, it is possible that your mod will fit with the No Ultra-Violence mod ? = viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59415
It fits pretty well with the treasure tech
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

barosans wrote:hey hyperultra64, i have suggestion for your mod, it is possible that your mod will fit with the No Ultra-Violence mod ? = viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59415
I doubt it; Treasure Tech uses its own unique enemy set to enable the stun, grab and throw features.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

I think having Treasure Guy's face react to damage like Wario would really enhance the experience. Have a rotten day!
Dephire
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dephire »

This is one of those mods that has my jaw dropped at the level of effort and passion put into it.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

I saw the story trailer on youtube. It looks real neat!
BunnyWithBeans
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BunnyWithBeans »

Just wanted to say that this is absolutely fantastic mod, probably one of my favorite gameplay conversions.

Are there any plans to release this in the future with its own megawad, though? The tutorial seems to hint at that with a variety of custom elements (running back to the exit at the end of the level, throwing keys at locks, etc.)

AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

BunnyWithBeans wrote:Just wanted to say that this is absolutely fantastic mod, probably one of my favorite gameplay conversions.

Are there any plans to release this in the future with its own megawad, though? The tutorial seems to hint at that with a variety of custom elements (running back to the exit at the end of the level, throwing keys at locks, etc.)

The answer is yes! https://twitter.com/SuperUltra64/status ... 8516547584
rps

Post by rps »

openroadracer wrote:
barosans wrote:hey hyperultra64, i have suggestion for your mod, it is possible that your mod will fit with the No Ultra-Violence mod ? = viewtopic.php?f=43&t=59415
I doubt it; Treasure Tech uses its own unique enemy set to enable the stun, grab and throw features.
Actually, the enemies are specifically coded to be stunned/grabbed. Its why you can't stun/grab heavily modified versions of enemies.

I'm pretty sure that TT works with the mod though, it seems like these enemies just have are just heavily re-sprited for the most part and the special deaths most likely won't effect weather they can be stunned/grabbed.
JuliusKoolius

Post by JuliusKoolius »

rps wrote:
openroadracer wrote:
Actually, the enemies are specifically coded to be stunned/grabbed. Its why you can't stun/grab heavily modified versions of enemies.

I'm pretty sure that TT works with the mod though, it seems like these enemies just have are just heavily re-sprited for the most part and the special deaths most likely won't effect weather they can be stunned/grabbed.
And if it does end up causing conflicts, then you can also pop it open in Slade and just remove the stuff that’s conflicting with it, but you probably don’t have to do any of this, because I don’t think it will effect if the monsters can be stunned
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

This is fantastic. Everything works surprisingly well; every weapon serves a purpose and is wonderfully balanced, the melee mechanics are well-executed and satisfying to use, the sound effects are on point, and the sprites are nicely done. I look forward to the story mode!

In the meantime though, I'm having difficulty finding suitable megawads to pair this up with. I know this is a bit off-topic, but are there any recommendations?
JuliusKoolius

Post by JuliusKoolius »

Pompous Seed wrote:This is fantastic. Everything works surprisingly well; every weapon serves a purpose and is wonderfully balanced, the melee mechanics are well-executed and satisfying to use, the sound effects are on point, and the sprites are nicely done. I look forward to the story mode!

In the meantime though, I'm having difficulty finding suitable megawads to pair this up with. I know this is a bit off-topic, but are there any recommendations?
I think Super Mayhem 17 goes well with this
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Appreciate it.
PresBarackbar

Post by PresBarackbar »

JuliusKoolius wrote:
Pompous Seed wrote:This is fantastic. Everything works surprisingly well; every weapon serves a purpose and is wonderfully balanced, the melee mechanics are well-executed and satisfying to use, the sound effects are on point, and the sprites are nicely done. I look forward to the story mode!

I think Super Mayhem 17 goes well with this
For the most part, the only real issue is in the back third or so when the maps get really slaughtery

Return to “Gameplay Mods”