Hell Caliber [HC2 Status Update]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jarewill

Re: Hell Caliber

Post by Jarewill »

Samarai1000 wrote:Here's another status update for HC2. Lots of boring under the hood stuff, mainly. The video is a bit meandering and I explain most things using in-game chat, so it kinda sucks, but it'll hopefully show how things are progressing! There's things to shoot now, at least.
I like what I'm seeing here.
I will look out for HC2 now.

Since there's gonna be a limit of 1 weapon per slot, does that mean that there will be more weapons?
Because as it is now, only the shotguns would be affected by the limit.

And considering the rifle and shotguns are angled, will the pistol get an angled version too?
It might be just me, but whenever I see such mismatch of most weapons being angled or centered and then a weapon that is the opposite, it just looks bad in my eyes.
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Hell Caliber

Post by Samarai1000 »

Jarewill wrote:*snip*
Yep, there'll be more than one weapon per slot for the other weapon types. Weapons that use the same ammo will also have roughly the same damage and identical magazine capacity, though shell-or-grenade based weapons are the exception to magazine size. As for the centered pistol, I'm probably gonna change that. I was inspired by how pistols are typically held when not being aimed, in front of the person rather than sitting to the left/right of their view and being angled towards where they're firing, but many people have pointed out how the mismatch looks awkward outside of this thread, so I'll probably change it.
Someone64

Re: Hell Caliber [HC2 Status Update]

Post by Someone64 »

All the cool touches you put shown in the progress video make it look really damn cool! From grenade rolling to varied kicks and such. I just fear that the unloaded weapons can confuse a player in the heat of battle. Sure they have a different sprite but they should probably look more distinct unloaded than they currently do.
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

Someone64 wrote:*snip*
Thank you so much for the feedback! When I get around to doing heads-up-display stuff, I think I might add a "highlight" to weapons when you look at them, with different colors based on if they're loaded or unloaded. My one concern is that having a bunch of actors constantly checking if a player is looking at them or not might cause performance issues, but I know little about optimization.
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

https://streamable.com/6kv3hj

Work on HC2 is still ongoing! Just very, very slowly and sporadically. This video showcases an extremely W.I.P Slot 5 weapon, the GM-94U. It's a 3+1-shot pump-action grenade launcher firing the UAC's proprietary 'universal explosives'. As far as technical details go, animation-wise it's the most complex weapon in the mod so far, not counting melee attacks.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Wonderful! Always loved this mod.

But, if you allow me nitpicking, the right hand is smaller than the left one. Just resizing it or using a hand 10% bigger would do ;)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh snap! That Grenade Launcher acts way differently than usual. I love the unique feel into it! I would like to use it in the future-
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:*snup*
Receiving feedback is already awesome enough, but from one of my inspirations? Hoh boy. Thank you so much, Cosmo, I didn't think HC would be something anyone loved.

I went for the arguably more-lazy route for fixing the scale problem, instead opting to make the GL's reloading sprites smaller instead of the hand. It looks a ton more natural either way!

https://streamable.com/k918ld
Rayd3r

Post by Rayd3r »

Enjoyed the mod, lot of fun. Loving what I'm seeing from the WIP stuff of HC2, really reeeeally loving it. Pretty hyped to see more from this soon.
f27

Post by f27 »

Still enjoying this mod years later. In case development will continue, here's a bug I found: auto-reloading doesn't seem to work on "Breathe" and "The Day is my Enemy!" difficilties, for some reason.
SergeantDiggs

Re: [WIP!] Unnamed Gameplay Mod

Post by SergeantDiggs »

Whoah wrote:Looks cool! Judging by the vaguely gun-based theme, maybe something like "Hell Caliber" or some shit? I don't know, but something catchy and gun-related could work well
And history was made, well done!!
EmerphiS

Post by EmerphiS »

is it possible to play the mod with alternate monster packs?

fast weapons to mix with more faster monsters haha

Return to “Gameplay Mods”