[WIP] The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels Reimagined

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [WIP] The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels Remake

Post by DoomKrakken »

No problem!
Gardevoir wrote:
MAP02 was very painful to play through.
Could you elaborate, please?
Plenty more monsters (too many hitscanners), and not as much ammo for clearing 'em out. Also, those flying tanks that are Cacos are just... WHY? WHY?! Why must they be introduced so early, before I have decent weaponry to fight 'em off?

No matter, I am the Doom Slayer, and I slayed 'em anyway. It's just... frustrating... is all.
Gardevoir wrote:
MAP23 plays a lot better now, and isn't nearly as creepy as it was originally.
Uhh... but I never made a Map23? What???
Shoot, it was whatever map Bloodfalls was. Yeah, that's MAP25. MAP23 is "Barrels O' Fun". My mistake.

I wish there were more maps like what happened with The Abandoned Mines (MAP26). Minus the creepy parts, but with all of the tech built in to the rock. Just a lot of it. Everywhere. Rock and/or tech lining every wall. It was very well done. :D
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

A new version is out! Still no new maps though, unfortunately.

It includes some quality of life improvements on maps 03, 06, 18 and 19 (possibly more). Some encounters were rebalanced or the areas changed slightly for better pacing. Map19 received some changes in terms of item placement.

While I'm working on 3 new maps at the same time, Guardsoul decided to begin work on a new level as well. There are two new finished maps made by another guest mapper that I might release soon but they require some polishing and testing first.

- link outdated
Last edited by Gardevoir on Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daemeon93

Post by Daemeon93 »

Man where the FUCK are all the secrets in MAP31? It's a good re imagining of Twilight Descends but it's fucking impossible for me to find that secret exit to map 32
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

I don't think map 32 is done yet which is why I believe the secrets to access it in 31 are deactivated. I could be wrong though. It's been a while since I last played the latest version.
edypagaza
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by edypagaza »

waiting for full release ;)
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

It's been a while. Hey! I finished another map for this project and like 4 more are on the way! Map20 is ready for testing if anyone wants to give it a try. Enjoy and expect more updates soon as I really want to get this project finished as quick as possible!

[DOWNLOAD]
SleepyNotDead

Re: [WIP] The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels Reimagined

Post by SleepyNotDead »

I really love this!
Fantastic work, i love the grounded and more realistic levels, seeing actual streets and overall having it actually look like earth.
I hope to see this get finished eventually and I'm eager to see how you do map30.
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by SLON »

I would on this spot actually use all of the Doom content, including unused like these bushes, lamps, and other stuff.
Nems

Post by Nems »

Map 20 was an absolute blast to play. There's one thing I absolutely loved about it that I'm gonna put as a spoiler so people who haven't played it yet won't be surprised (unless they want to be lol).
Spoiler:
Gardevoir

Post by Gardevoir »

SLON wrote:I would on this spot actually use all of the Doom content, including unused like these bushes, lamps, and other stuff.
I would've used those if they were available when this project started and dehacked had an extended support. Initially it only used Doom 2 assets until I also started using Doom 1 textures too.
Darkcrafter

Post by Darkcrafter »

Holy, that level pack is an absolute killer, although I play with so-doom source port, it's a fork of crispy doom inspired by "Sodom" heavy metal band but yeah crispy doom also descended from chocolate doom. It has an interesting feature available to switch only by edting the config file - "mirroring" the maps. This map pack is an action non-stop with well thought monsters and items placement.

Thank you so much for this pack!

Btw, if there was a web site or blog with that paypal donate button, people would support I assume :wink:
Judge

Post by Judge »

Gardevoir wrote:It's been a while. Hey! I finished another map for this project and like 4 more are on the way! Map20 is ready for testing if anyone wants to give it a try. Enjoy and expect more updates soon as I really want to get this project finished as quick as possible!

[DOWNLOAD]
Wow, this mapset lives!

I'm glad to see this. I have been holding off on playing this in the hopes that one day, it would be completed.
Fjoraselda
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Fjoraselda »

It's really hard to get the secrets. I'm really having a hard time finding them. I suppose they are really well hidden.
Guardsoul

Post by Guardsoul »

Let´s revive this and share some POGress! Cue Map 28! (at least the beginning)
Spoiler:
Nems

Post by Nems »

I'm absolutely digging those shots. <3

Return to “Levels”