RELEASE: Wolfenstein 3D TC Version 3.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Wolfenstein 3D TC (Version 3.0)

Post by Captain J »

Oh yeah, i do remember playing this beauty many years ago. I absolutely had fun playing it! It's still functional and all.

I just kinda wish you, or someone graceful would make the full version out of it. You're doing great so far!
Gamerwarrior117

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

Captain J wrote:Oh yeah, i do remember playing this beauty many years ago. I absolutely had fun playing it! It's still functional and all.

I just kinda wish you, or someone graceful would make the full version out of it. You're doing great so far!
full version? this has 9 episodes.

there is just no menu with spear mission packs.

imagine that would cause conflicts with each other. imagine if someone decides to do rise of the triad maps being made to gzdoom. i wonder if its going to be complicated? Cause rise of the triad engine is done by wolf3d engine. But, different games. so far only two episodes are done. i wish the other guy would finished it doing the episode 3 and 4, lol. there is another that has 36 maps to 4 episodes. i have to find those websites.

oh well. time shall wait.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

You mean Blake Stone TC, that AFADoomer told me about? It has full 11 levels of only Episode 1 and nothing else.

Sure, The whole Episode 1 stuff is in there. But i mean, i would like to try it in full version with full episodes. And maybe Planet Strike too. And no, making an accurate RoTT counterpart is POSSIBLE in GZDoom. Return of the Triad's this way.
The Bright Side

Post by The Bright Side »

Hey Afadoomer, quick bug report: I tried the latest version of the Wolf3D TC 3.0 on GZDoom 4.3.3 today, on Linux Mint. When the brown shirts shoot, there's no sound. (fwiw, I'm playing in 7.1 surround, though I don't think that has anything to do with it).

I'm really excited about your work and am following the development of this TC avidly. Thanks so much!!
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

The Bright Side wrote:Hey Afadoomer, quick bug report: I tried the latest version of the Wolf3D TC 3.0 on GZDoom 4.3.3 today, on Linux Mint. When the brown shirts shoot, there's no sound. (fwiw, I'm playing in 7.1 surround, though I don't think that has anything to do with it).

I'm really excited about your work and am following the development of this TC avidly. Thanks so much!!
Wow, don't know how I missed that - I never assigned the guard an attack sound when I reworked the code for ZScript. Just fixed this, and a couple of other minor bugs.
Gamerwarrior117

Captain J wrote:You mean Blake Stone TC, that AFADoomer told me about? It has full 11 levels of only Episode 1 and nothing else.

Sure, The whole Episode 1 stuff is in there. But i mean, i would like to try it in full version with full episodes. And maybe Planet Strike too. And no, making an accurate RoTT counterpart is POSSIBLE in GZDoom. Return of the Triad's this way.
oh i got confused when mention the game. i thoguht you were talking about wolf3d, lol.

yeah for blake stone i never played it. im considering trying it out.

its going to take awhile for whatever how many episodes blackstone has.

really? i figured they were similar. im guessing the engines must be wya different. i must of missunderstood when they said rise of the triad used wolf3d engine, lol.

im not tech savy, so i have no idea how techs, maps and etc work, lol.
Gamerwarrior117

what othe rprojects do you have for the future?
Vague

Post by Vague »

I see no issue with it loading at all.

What I did was

1.) Download/clone the master-files as a .zip, renamed it to ".ipk3" (Similar to how Simon's Destiny's file is .ipk3) so that GZDoom doesn't think I'm only loading a .pk3 and doesn't feel the need to attach DOOM to it.
2.) Load it with GZDoom

I have a few questions tho: Is it meant for GZDoom multiplayer?
Cansteam

Post by Cansteam »

I'm honestly baffled as to what went wrong with the installation here

Edit: Realised I was downloading a REALLY OLD version, here's a new error though
Gez

Post by Gez »

Try GZDoom 4.3.3.

Whenever you get an "unknown function" error, you should look whether it might just be your GZDoom is outdated.
Gamerwarrior117

how do i change the zip file name?

microsoft keeps changing things in windows 10, lol.

how do i change it?
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Make sure you downloaded a version of the mod after 21 April. There was a temporary change in the GZDoom dev builds that was reverted that I had to un-change in the mod. The error you're showing is because you have the one version of the mod where I 'fixed' the mod for the dev build.

To rename a .zip file, open the folder where the file is in Explorer, make sure file extensions are shown ('View' menu, 'Show/Hide' section, check "File name extensions"), then just right-click the file and hit 'Rename'.
Gamerwarrior117

AFADoomer wrote:Make sure you downloaded a version of the mod after 21 April. There was a temporary change in the GZDoom dev builds that was reverted that I had to un-change in the mod. The error you're showing is because you have the one version of the mod where I 'fixed' the mod for the dev build.

To rename a .zip file, open the folder where the file is in Explorer, make sure file extensions are shown ('View' menu, 'Show/Hide' section, check "File name extensions"), then just right-click the file and hit 'Rename'.
thanks. that works.
Gamerwarrior117

there is an erro: (null) invalid acs mdoule for Spear of destiny mission packs? happens right afetr you type in the names. loads the game, it gives me that error for the mission apcks.
AFADoomer

Post by AFADoomer »

Yes. That's because they are a straight copy-paste from the previous version of the mod and haven't been cleaned up, just ported in so that they work.

That error started appearing several versions of ZDoom (not even GZDoom) ago.

The endgame sequences and MAP18 end (Spear of Destiny pickup) aren't implemented yet either.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”