Big Doom [v1.3.0]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Josh771

Big Doom [v1.3.0]

Post by Josh771 »

Big Doom v1.3.0
Big Doom is a mutator that resizes Doom maps, making them either very cramped or just huge.
And, yes, this can definitely break maps and make them unplayable, so use this at your own discretion!

Download Link:
Big Doom v1.3.0 on Google Drive

Changelog:
v1.3.0
• Added new feature "Randomness", which randomizes the scaling for each map. This feature respects the option to scale X, Y, and Z axes seperately.

v1.2.0
• Added new feature "Use Proportional Clamping", which maintains the shape of the map when it must be clamped to keep from exceeding engine limits, i.e. no more super-tall ceilings due to disproportionate clamping.
• Added new feature "Preserve Floor Heights", which scales the Z-axis by moving the ceiling only. It does not guarantee that the map will not break, but it does make the map more likely to be traversable.

v1.1.1
• Clamped scaling factors to respect maximum map sizes in (GZ)Doom.

v1.1.0
• Fixed wall textures still scaling on X axis even if side texture scaling was disabled.
• Added option to scale maps differently for X, Y, and Z axes.

v1.0.0
• Initial(-ish) release!

Known Bugs:
• Using "Preserve Floor Heights" may expose untextured sides, creating HOM artifacts, since it scales sectors irrespective of their neighbors. I am considering a fix for this.
• Some texture scaling options may cause middle textures to look wrong. I am considering possible fixes for this.
Spoiler: Screenshots
Last edited by Josh771 on Tue May 12, 2020 9:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Solid-Head

Re: Big Doom [v1.1.1]

Post by Solid-Head »

I like the fact that every time you reappear you drop some of the best gameplay mod out there.

Everything work so well and I like the fact that you can control each axis. We can now play long Doom !

And before anyone ask, its shockingly compatible with Deformed Doom. Beware.
4page

Post by 4page »

I'm glad to see somebody actually made this! I had this idea but no clue how to put it together! Love it!
DrMoney

Post by DrMoney »

When scaling up, this is fantastic with the Grappling Hook/Ledge Grab/etc. of zMovement. Brings a lot of fun verticality to maps. Thanks for making it!
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

Yay. Now I can finally play and enjoy Congestion 1024.
Josh771

Re: Big Doom [v1.2.0]

Post by Josh771 »

Version 1.2.0 has been released!

See the first post for changelog and known bugs!
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Post by BouncyTEM »

Very cool. :) Would there possibly be a chance of getting an object multiplier as well? There used to be a mod back in the day that increased the size of the maps 4x and turned one zombieman into nine, for instance, and it'd be cool to have that here and customizable too. [especially since the python script that did that one couldn't work with map32]
BradmanX
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

BouncyTEM wrote:Very cool. :) Would there possibly be a chance of getting an object multiplier as well? There used to be a mod back in the day that increased the size of the maps 4x and turned one zombieman into nine, for instance, and it'd be cool to have that here and customizable too. [especially since the python script that did that one couldn't work with map32]
There a few of different mods you could basically do that with, like Josh771's AI Director or m8f's 10.5x, the former of which even randomizes enemies and can do the same with items too if you so choose.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Yes! This is cool! 8-)

Now I can make every map play like UAC Vinur Prime - a map known for large spaces and wide corridors that I really enjoy and wanted more of.

I already have a whole bunch of mobility universal addons, like grappling hook, jetpack, jp-movement, super mario agilities, so now I can actually have the space to use them properly.

Thank you!
kodi

Post by kodi »

Haha, this is amazing!
BradmanX

Post by BradmanX »

Spaceman333 wrote:Yes! This is cool! 8-)

Now I can make every map play like UAC Vinur Prime - a map known for large spaces and wide corridors that I really enjoy and wanted more of.

I already have a whole bunch of mobility universal addons, like grappling hook, jetpack, jp-movement, super mario agilities, so now I can actually have the space to use them properly.

Thank you!
Could you link some of those mobility mods, especially the jetpack, I imagine those could really come in handy for playing maps with this :)

Also, this mod is awesome, it's nice to have more mods to be able to change the maps we know and love in fun and interesting new ways without having to actually modify the map ^_^
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

BradmanX wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:Yes! This is cool! 8-)

Thank you!
Could you link some of those mobility mods, especially the jetpack, I imagine those could really come in handy for playing maps with this :)

Also, this mod is awesome, it's nice to have more mods to be able to change the maps we know and love in fun and interesting new ways without having to actually modify the map ^_^
https://gofile.io/d/UkQftu

"GZDoomMobilityAddons2020.zip"
Includes: grappling hook, jetpack, jp-movement, super mario agilities, ut2k4 dodging
BradmanX

Post by BradmanX »

Spaceman333 wrote: "GZDoomMobilityAddons2020.zip"
Includes: grappling hook, jetpack, jp-movement, super mario agilities, ut2k4 dodging
Sweet, thanks ^_^
Armaetus
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home

Post by Armaetus »

This looks like a lot of fun! Now imagine using this on Sunder maps..
Josh771

Re: Big Doom [v1.3.0]

Post by Josh771 »

Version 1.3.0 has been released!

Added new "Randomness" feature, which will randomize the map scaling for each map. If you also use per-axis scaling, this will randomize each axis for even more randomness!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”