BlooM - DooM/Blood crossover

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MrRumbleRoses

Re: BlooM - DooM/Blood crossover

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

Ozymandias81 wrote:@boondori - Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation, we'll try to follow accurately if possible that dynamite behavior for the final release :)

@mrrumbleroses - inside Options /Bloom Options/ Performance options select Disable models and voxels and choose yes, I guess your pc is not a modern one (but well BlooM run smoothly even from my 1gb videoram pc so I wonder)
i know of the disabling stuff, but i think it's the levels themselves mostly. some of the effects even could be a problem. i mean i know one thing that the levels. sorta give me a bit of a headache. which i think might have to do with the skybox. but anything else is also due to framerate. possibly with the effects
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Hey folks we are working hard to improve BlooM and fixing stuff here and there, plus maps are being developed with lots of creepy details and stuff you can't imagine... Anyway here you are a video I did for our little Patreon, which is now Public, concerning how we are going to import Blood levels inside our maps.
Subscribe to my channel in case and expect some more stuff in future!

Curunir
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Curunir »

Just for the record, I have to report I had to stop playing before I was done with the demo because of very serious fps issues in a lot of places.

i5 3470, 8 gb ram, RX 570 4gb, running on GZDOom 4.X.X, at 1080p.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Curunir wrote:Just for the record, I have to report I had to stop playing before I was done with the demo because of very serious fps issues in a lot of places.

My laptop is only very slightly more powerful (by benchmark comparisons to your GPU/CPU) than your setup and I had absolutely no fps issues throughout the entire experience. What graphical settings do you use?
axredneck
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch

Post by axredneck »

Curunir wrote:Just for the record, I have to report I had to stop playing before I was done with the demo because of very serious fps issues in a lot of places.

Do you have this set to "Speed" ?
Attachments
2019-11-26-225733_1920x1080_scrot.jpg
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I am one of BlooM devs and I can run smoothly the whole project even with voxels enabled, and I have only 1gb of videoram plus 4gb ram and 6core cpu. I really wonder what people does to have bad performance with nowadays rigs... Update your video drivers, shutdown useless apps, check your rendering settings dudes.
Btw small glimpse of what I am working on: CREEPY BRIGHTMAPS!
Screenshot_Doom_20191127_165353.png
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Hell-o everyone! It is Mod of the Year on ModDB so don't forget to vote us! https://www.moddb.com/mods/bloom-doomblood-crossover
Rolls-MOTY2019.jpg
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Why was Bloom axed from Github? Is the project being cancelled?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Due to issues with a stupid dude from Facebook, we had to turn our repository Private.
So you won't be able to playtest our development, but soon we'll release a new update so stay tuned! In case you may notice in my profile I have hidden commits daily, and that means I have done a commit for BlooM :)
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Patreon to have some info about our progress, or wait for some screenshots/updates being posted here or in Doomworld thread.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Weird. I can't imagine what issues this dude might have with the project, but anyway I'm glad it's not cancelled.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Thanks to all of you, BlooM has won the Best Crossover mod on ModDB Mod of the Year Awards! It feels so good and this surely will prod our motivation to lightspeed development! Thank you very much :wub:

https://www.moddb.com/groups/2019-mod-o ... -year-2019

In case you wonder, we are working hard on several things. Atm the mod received countless updates after the demo release, I am going to explain you which has been changed or added shortly:
  • All maps fixed in terms of gameplay for Single Player
  • Doom and Doom II vanilla maps now works properly with mapinfo specials such as baronspecial, spidermastermindspecial and so on, only Map07 of Doom 2 needs a little fix
  • Added 5 new classes of enemies with 2 completely brand new, plus 2 bosses
  • Fixed SpiderMother, Gargoviles and ArchZombie behaviors to not fill countkills and infinite monsters spawning
  • Freaking actors polishment and rework in terms of code organization, behavior and performance
  • The majority of human enemies can swim and have burn/shock/xdeath custom frames
  • Added all brand new colored brightmaps for Caleb weapons
  • Added brand new colored brightmaps for all original Blood monsters, plus a couple of hybrids as well
  • Fixed Doom sprites showing wrong palette, now all gets replaced with Truecolor frames
  • Added Keys for Doomguy fullscreen HUD
  • Added new models for floating buildings
  • Added 3 new weapons for Doomguy: flamethrower, frostgun and teslacannon
  • And much much more...
JuliusKoolius

Post by JuliusKoolius »

I just want to know if I could be able to make and release a Bloom monster mod, I would definitely credit you guys so you don’t need to worry about that.
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Well no atm, since we still didn't release the full thing that will have around 100 enemies variants. So maybe after final release we'll discuss about that :)
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

I'm glad to see the project is still being worked on. Got a bit worried about it since I saw the website went down and it's gone private on Github because of previously discussed issues. After that it seems that development news about this project has gone silent though. Any general idea when you guys might put out another updated release for this?
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Maybe next Halloween, we are all busy pals being in our 30s or more... And count the fact that I am also busy with Blade of Agony, Realm667 remasters and another hidden thing. But obviously we are working on it! :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”