Project S.I.D.E. - A Complete Overhaul PLUS Upscale

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Equus
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:58 am

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Equus »

Would there be any way to use the normal quality smooth doom first person weapon sprites with the upscaled smooth monsters decoration etc?
Kazudra
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Kazudra »

Equus wrote:Would there be any way to use the normal quality smooth doom first person weapon sprites with the upscaled smooth monsters decoration etc?
Yes; You'll have to remove those sprites from the hi-res folder.
wardo
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:53 pm

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by wardo »

I updated all of the mods but I'm not a big fan of the audio changes. Deleting the sound folder in SmoothDoom_SE.pk3 made the Chaingun sound go mute. Is there any way to properly remove the new sounds? Can I use the regular SmoothDoom.pk3 ?
Kazudra
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Kazudra »

wardo wrote:I updated all of the mods but I'm not a big fan of the audio changes. Deleting the sound folder in SmoothDoom_SE.pk3 made the Chaingun sound go mute. Is there any way to properly remove the new sounds? Can I use the regular SmoothDoom.pk3 ?
Delete every sound in the Sound Folder, but keep the folders; Then Delete everything in SNDINFO from //Weapon Sounds but end at //footsteps, that'll revert everything back.

Also...
UPDATE 3
Added Extended Sprites to every weapon to work better with Sway mods
Added a TON of Sounds;
Chase and Pain sounds are now 2 for (almost) every monster
More Death sounds (Spent an hour looking up Camel noises to pick out 2 new death sounds for the Imp, not my proudest moment)
Player Pain Sounds (Sourced from Dead Marine)
More Decoration Sounds (Also, sourced from Dead Marine)
Weapon Pickups and Switching sounds.
Adjusted Volumes
Resourced a huge chunk of sounds themselves, now 100% less ear-bleed.

Weapon Select/Deselect Animations with sound and Vanilla behavior (Animation sourced from Beautiful Doom); Turns out all Selections/deselections use 15 tics.
Lost Souls now have Bone chunks fly at death
Zombie, Shotgunner, and Chaingunner now have sound queues to help with telegraphing
All fire decorations have been smoothed out further.


Nash Gore has been updated to Hotfix.
Addons has been updated (WIP) adding Waterfalls and various TNT/Plutonia fixes (Not done with it)
User avatar
hoover1979
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:47 am
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)
Location: Kadingir Sanctum, Hell (Postal Code: 666)

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by hoover1979 »

Looks groovy.
Scuba Steve
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:56 pm

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Scuba Steve »

I'll be completely honest; the new weapon animation frames look terrible. They simply don't fit with the rest of the aesthetic and feel completely out of place. I would leave them as simply upscaled smoothed frames as they were in the previous version, they felt less jarring.
Kazudra
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Kazudra »

Scuba Steve wrote:I'll be completely honest; the new weapon animation frames look terrible. They simply don't fit with the rest of the aesthetic and feel completely out of place. I would leave them as simply upscaled smoothed frames as they were in the previous version, they felt less jarring.
I'm a little confused, is it all of the new Select/Deselect Animations or some of the new sprites inserted for said animations?
User avatar
BROS_ETT_311
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:05 pm

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by BROS_ETT_311 »

Kazudra wrote:
Scuba Steve wrote:I'll be completely honest; the new weapon animation frames look terrible. They simply don't fit with the rest of the aesthetic and feel completely out of place. I would leave them as simply upscaled smoothed frames as they were in the previous version, they felt less jarring.
I'm a little confused, is it all of the new Select/Deselect Animations or some of the new sprites inserted for said animations?
Probably the select/deselect animations since they're not smoothed out like the other animations. Same can be said for the extra death animations that were added. I like what you're going for, but unless the new additions can be given the "Smooth Doom" treatment, then they do kind of clash with the rest of the aesthetic.
Scuba Steve
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:56 pm

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Scuba Steve »

select/deselect
Kazudra
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Kazudra »

Quick update; Weapon Select/Deselect have been smoothed out. Black gloves coming soon.
catoshell
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:51 pm
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by catoshell »

This is a fantastic mod, and I really appreciate all the work you put into making things work. Everything looks great!

However, I prefer the vanilla sounds over the ones provided here. I tried following the instructions above (modifying SNDINFO and deleting sounds) however the game lags at certain points and clearly I did something wrong.

Could you perhaps share the pk3 with unmodified sounds, or help guide me through the previous instructions with more detail?
Scuba Steve
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:56 pm

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Scuba Steve »

It appears the plasma decal fix still isn't quite right... the entire image displays now, but it's offset to the lower right instead of centered on the burn mark.
Kazudra
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Kazudra »

catoshell wrote:This is a fantastic mod, and I really appreciate all the work you put into making things work. Everything looks great!

However, I prefer the vanilla sounds over the ones provided here. I tried following the instructions above (modifying SNDINFO and deleting sounds) however the game lags at certain points and clearly I did something wrong.

Could you perhaps share the pk3 with unmodified sounds, or help guide me through the previous instructions with more detail?
It really depends; what sounds would you want to keep?
I'm going to make Ambient sounds Optional.
Scuba Steve wrote:It appears the plasma decal fix still isn't quite right... the entire image displays now, but it's offset to the lower right instead of centered on the burn mark.
I just fixed them, turns out I have to use the hi-res version AS the default decal and scale it down instead of simply using the hires folder, the bright side is that I can now add more rotations to the Decals.
Scuba Steve
Posts: 1055
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 8:56 pm

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Scuba Steve »

Can you post just the patch?
Kazudra
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 am

Re: Neural Smooth Doom (ANOTHER Massive update)

Post by Kazudra »

Okay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”