You can disable any and all of the features in this mod. Modify how often Crits land, alter the damage output, disable visual cues or even change the sound effect!
Note to modders: if you want your melee weapons to be recognised by the mod's Backstab feature just make sure your custom melee attack is using a puff with the 'Melee' damageType. Critical Shots should catch it after that, unless you're using some jank method of calling melee attacks.
Code: Select all
mk-crits v1.7.2 changelog
- fixed crashes with project brutality & other similar mods
- added fallback state to critical hit stun
- added new visual fx 'custom colour flash'
- can be configured to any colour
- added new sound fx 'bloodborne parry'
mk-crits v1.7.1 changelog
- Fixed an issue where even single headshots deal reduced damage
- Fixed error messages in startup log
mk-crits v1.7 changelog
- New feature: Critical incoming damage multiplier
- Enemies in the stunned state can take extra damage.
- To revert to old crits, set the "Stunned Damage Multiplier" to 1
- Added new cvars to balance Crits & Headshots
- No Fast Crits: spam-firing a fast weapon will render you unable to land critical hits on an enemy
when they next enter their missile state. You must use timing to achieve a crit.
- Prevent Damage Stacking: Performing a headshot or backstab on a stunned enemy by default will deal
the damage for the attack + the stunned damage factor. this switch disabled the stunned damage multiplication
- Hitscan & Projectile split: I have decided to split the headshot factor into hitscan and projectile mainly because projectiles
can deal much more damage than hitscan attacks (1d8 vs 1d3), meaning it is no longer as easy to melt a monster with plasma headshots.
- Reduce Stacked Headshots: this new slider makes it so the damage of stacked headshots (i.e. from a shotgun) deal reduced damage.
The first pellet to hit will deal the full headshot multiplier, but any subsequent pellets will be modified by this cvar.
The range is a multiplier of 0.0 - 1.0, a value of 0 means that any subsequent pellets will receive no boosted damage, whereas
a value of 1.0 means that every pellet will deal full headshot damage (the old behaviour).
- Added 2 cvars that control how often (if at all) headshots & backstabs gib.
The damage is not modified in any way, sometimes an attack will gib, sometimes it will not
depends wholly on the damage dealt
If the shot is enough to kill the monster, it will be forced into its Extreme Death.
This is acheived by modifying the damage to the monster's SpawnHealth * 2.
If the shot is enough to kill the monster, any excess damage is subtracted so it will never enter
it's XDeath state via a headshot/backstab
This is achieved by modifying the damage to the monster's remaining health.
These only ever apply if the damage dealt is enough to actually kill the monster, so it does not affect gameplay. It will however cause some
funny business with mods like DamNums, because the damage reported may be much lower, or higher than initially dealt.
(e.g. if backstabs never gib, and you land a berserk backstab on a zombieman the damage will always be 20 or lower, where it should be like, 200-2000)
- Added Team Fortress 2 Critical Hit visual FX.
- Reworked the entire system from an Event Handler, to an inventory item
- means little for the end user, but is more flexible in some ways.
- Revamped how the menu system into seperate submenus for Criticals, Headshots & Backstabs.
- This is mainly to accompany the new balance cvars, it makes the menus look tidier.
- Removed the insta-kill cutoff feature, it seemed kinda useless in retrospect.