DoomLess

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
mrtaterz
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DoomLess

Post by mrtaterz »

SpacemanStrife wrote:I think it'd be more practical for me to create an alternate set of monster spawns for Legion of Bones that only spawns in human-sized undead, otherwise you'll get such oddities as the normal-sized plasma marine in this mod respawning as the much larger Arachnobone. (Assuming that both mods even work together, which I'm not sure of because LOB has its own set of vanilla replacements. It may very well be that the only way to get them to work is to create a compatibility wad specifically for DoomLess.)
Yeah, I was looking at it earlier and it doesn't seem feasible. Anyone is welcome to try if they wish.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

ZikkShadow recently made a video that showcases my monster mod!
Quake161

Post by Quake161 »

Does this only work with the latest GZDOOM? I've tried using it with LZDOOM 3.84, always ended up with an error.

Edit: Correction.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

Quake161 wrote:Does this only work with the latest GZDOOM? I've tried using it with LZDOOM 3.84, always ended up with an error.

Edit: Correction.
I think you should be able to use a devbuild of LZDoom.
Smashhacker

Post by Smashhacker »

I am aware that the demon sounds on the berserk guys was an intended stylistic choice, but I'd argue that you could use the Quake 3 Doomguy sounds since they sound just as roided as the demon sounds while still sounding like it came from a human.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

I had been wanting something like this for a good while! I tried my own hand at it by attempting to mash the different versions of Mutiny together and stripping out the weapons but that proved to be too much for my extremely limited skills. :P

I'll definitely give this a shot and provide feedback once I've played through a level set with it. :3
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Man, this would be so awesome if vanilla doom monsters also spawned in and battled with this mod's monsters.
Neophyte_Ronin

Post by Neophyte_Ronin »

If you got a guy on YouTube like decino on board for doing a few levels with the mod, it would really take off in popularity. I would suggest Aquarius199 (aka NitroActive) since he's low-key and does his own level packs between exposing the debauchery of Terry Traps.

As it stands, it seems pretty equivalent to regular Doom play with the exception of creature wideness and (possibly?) Health amounts. With the rate at which Berserk Packs spawn, you'd think it's a good thing, but even with the full Health, you keep switching to your fists, which leads to some gnarly moments, unless you use a Source Code Port that toggle weapon-switching.

"Man, this would be so awesome if vanilla doom monsters also spawned in and battled with this mod's monsters."

It'd be insane. Not a recent trend, either. The Evil Marines from recent builds of Project Brutality feature them going after hell-spawn at random. I remember big fights in Batman Doom between rival gangs courtesy of shrewd programming tricks.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

UPDATE
Robots shouldn't bleed.
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Ahh. I've worked on a similar mod before (and before you came in) that is known as Combatant Warfare. Was that mod considered some sort of inspirement to this mod or simply just a coincidence?
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

TheNightATK300 wrote:Ahh. I've worked on a similar mod before (and before you came in) that is known as Combatant Warfare. Was that mod considered some sort of inspirement to this mod or simply just a coincidence?
Never heard of it before; after looking it up, it looks pretty neat.

My goals with this project was to keep the enemies as close to their vanilla counterparts as possible, barring their size and hitbox.
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

Update:
  • Sentry Robots and Drones no longer bleed (again!)
  • Giant Robot (Cyberdemon) bleeds oil
Nashgore works well with the oil blood mechanics.
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by 3336655445 »

this mod is cre... cute with Doom RPG
mrtaterz

Post by mrtaterz »

3336655445 wrote:this mod is cre... cute with Doom RPG
Thank you? haha
mrtaterz