WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3 IWAD

Any utility that assists in the creation of mods, assets, etc, go here. For example: Ultimate Doom Builder, Slade, WadSmoosh, Oblige, etc.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hydra Spectre
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: WadSmoosh - merge all official id releases into one PK3

Post by Hydra Spectre »

Double Impact is available as an add-on to the Bethesda.net and console versions of The Ultimate DOOM, so it's now sort-of official.
Will you add it to WadSmoosh?
I mean, you added Sigil, which was a semi-unofficial game until Bethesda added it as an add-on.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

Hydra Spectre wrote:Double Impact is available as an add-on to the Bethesda.net and console versions of The Ultimate DOOM, so it's now sort-of official.
I mean, you added Sigil, which was a semi-unofficial game until Bethesda added it as an add-on.
I've always been holding out for Lost Levels and Lost Episode to be included, and just manually squeeze them in myself (though I fear my method may not be perfect).

Double Impact is interesting in that it is designed to replace the 1st episode entirely.

If we want to include remakes/replacements for existing episodes that are limit removing there is Knee-Deep in Zdoom, Knee-Deep In the Dead 2.0, Knee-Deep in the Dead (Doom the Way id Did), etc. and other replacements for the first episode alone.
JPL

Post by JPL »

Hydra Spectre wrote:Double Impact is available as an add-on to the Bethesda.net and console versions of The Ultimate DOOM, so it's now sort-of official.
JP wrote:Note: With the sole exception of SIGIL, non-official content, even stuff that was sold at retail by random companies like the Lost Episodes, is not supported! People in this thread have customized WadSmoosh to do this but it's outside the scope of what I wrote WadSmoosh to do and I have no intention of supporting it. Also please note that you don't need WadSmoosh to merge non-commercial content! Use a WAD editing tool like SLADE3 instead.
Gez

Post by Gez »

There will, hopefully, be a great many new official add-ons in the near future, and it would be far too much work to keep them all wadsmooshed as they come.
ShockwaveS08
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Android 10

Post by ShockwaveS08 »

I seem to have run into a bug, regarding the included language.txt.

When loading a mod that "adds" additional episodes, such as Brutal Doom's "Brutal Deathmatch", or basically anything that triggers GZ/LZDoom to shrink the episode list into small font mode, there are missing language strings for all smooshed episodes except for The Master Levels and Sigil. I managed to fix it up on my end, but I figured I'd let you know anyway.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Actually it does that already for me with all the official content. Eventually you just have too many entries to show at once with the big red font, I guess.

I am integrating: Doom, Sigil, Doom 2, Master Levels, NRFTL, Plutonia, TNT. That's already 10 episodes entries. However, in the OP it's showing in the red font anyway, so I dunno why it's using the small menu font.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Your resolution may be a factor...
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

It is? OK, didn't know that matters as well. My resolution is 1920x1080.
enderandrew

Post by enderandrew »

NightFright wrote:It is? OK, didn't know that matters as well. My resolution is 1920x1080.
Same here. If I include basically everything Wadsmooth supports, plus Lost Levels and Lost Episode, the list is too long and it doesn't display in the red font. But I figure that is working as intended for such a long list of episodes.

https://i.imgur.com/C7QCzLG.png
Yarn366

Post by Yarn366 »

WadSmoosh still doesn't have Sigil's par times. You can find them in Sigil's DEHACKED lump.

Also, the check for the BFG Edition should look for DMENUPIC rather than M_ACPT to also catch the Unity version. (Although the Unity version of Doom 2 uses the original names of the secret levels, the actual WAD file's level title graphics use the names from the BFG Edition.)
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

I ran it but didn't hit Y; when I looked at the list, Sigil wasn't on the list despite SIGIL_v1_21.wad being in the source_wads folder. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind; Renaming it to SIGIL.WAD fixed the issue.
fgsfds

Post by fgsfds »

What's up with SKILL_EASY not being translated? It works fine with the official wads.
Spoiler:
JPL

Post by JPL »

fgsfds wrote:What's up with SKILL_EASY not being translated? It works fine with the official wads.
Hm, that's odd. The MAPINFO doesn't touch any skill definitions, just the episode defs. And it doesn't use or change any of the linecodes that that text uses.
Takuat

Post by Takuat »

Is anyone else experiencing an issue with E4M1 and the NIN secret not registering?
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Takuat wrote:Is anyone else experiencing an issue with E4M1 and the NIN secret not registering?
I don't recall the NIN secret ever counting as a secret, but somebody may feel free to prove me wrong.

Return to “Creation, Conversion, and Editing”