[VOICE ACTING] Brutal Doomguy Original Recordings

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Zero X. Diamond

[VOICE ACTING] Brutal Doomguy Original Recordings

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Hello, I'm Zero X. Diamond! You might know me from my highly successful Twitch streams, the time I made some maps for the 20 Monsters Community Project and the 20 Heretics Community Project, the time I ripped a bunch of old FPS games' graphics, or even as the guy who voiced General Graves and the screaming cultist guys in the AMC TC. More likely, however, around these parts you know me as the guy who voiced the protagonist of the ever infamous "Brutal Doom." Apparently the ultra loud, horribly clipped quality of the voice clips in the game is something of a meme in certain circles.

Here's the thing not everybody knows, however: I'm not the one responsible for that. Sgt. Mark, in his infinite wisdom, decided that the solution to everything already being incredibly loud was just to crank the volume up until blood came out of everyone's ears, audio balance be damned. The original audio was much, much better in quality, and I'm finally posting it all here for the community to use as they see fit. What's more is that not only have I included the entirety of the three recording sessions, featuring tons of alternate and unused takes, but I've also included for the very first time the original, totally raw audio from before I slightly lowered the pitch. A handful of people have told me they preferred the voice without the pitch changes and now those people will have access to it.

As far as usage goes, do whatever you want with this audio so long as you're sure to credit me, either as Ian M. Burton or my username. Nothing that you could do with this is likely to make me more uncomfortable than Brutal Doom itself ended up making me. (I still feel an impulsive need to tell people who recognize me as being "that Brutal Doom guy" that I don't agree with any of Mark's lovely opinions because my anxiety makes me assume everyone thinks we're buds or whatever.)

DOWNLOAD: Brutal Doomguy Original Recordings (36mb)
Last edited by Zero X. Diamond on Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
XLightningStormL

Re: [VOICE ACTING] Brutal Doomguy Original Recordings

Post by XLightningStormL »

I wanted to look at the audio as a curiosity, but it appears the link is down.
Zero X. Diamond

Post by Zero X. Diamond »

Should be fixed? No idea why the link was broken considering I had literally just uploaded it, but whatever.
Soup can harry

Post by Soup can harry »

I wish Id/Bethesda would Hire you to voice doom guy/doom slayer. You sound like a beast of unyielding testosterone
Samarai1000
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Samarai1000 »

These original takes are genuinely wonderful, and I think it's a damn shame they were butchered by you-know-who (or are associated with him in any way). I'll have to find a use for these, you're a really talented VA!
BrochachoTheBro

Post by BrochachoTheBro »

Can't express this enough, thanks a million for archiving these alongside never-before-heard lines!
I uploaded these onto YouTube a while back for ease of access, so I hope you don't mind. I was heavy on crediting, don't worry.
Last edited by Caligari87 on Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed youtube embed

Return to “Resources”