Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Blasphyx

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.5]

Post by Blasphyx »

I don't think multimonitor, or ultrawide should have anything to do with being able to control how far from the left and right edges of the screen screen elements display. People running conventional aspect ratios might even like the option, because again, it takes attention away from the focal point of a first person perspective...this can increase immersion regardless of screen setup. Of course this could be a feature suggestion for a built in feature, but I think that's unneeded because I can have everything display exactly where I want it to already.

And yeah, I just realized having the weapons stick out further can have some unintended consequences. The Hexen fighter's primary weapon, for example, is not blocked by any of the hud elements. To compensate for weapons that are blocked would make the fighter weapon display too high up...BUT there's still a way around that. I'm pretty sure this mod should be able to save individual settings for individual wads. That can be an additional option list to control. Fullscreen weapon screen positioning. Then you can control the positioning of any of your weapons.

I'd help if I could, but I'm afraid all I'd be able to do is manually adjust every single frame for every weapon graphic of any pwad or iwad I play...
Last edited by Blasphyx on Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Which would basically be what would need to be done. We are a statusbar mod, not a weapons mod. I am afraid this leads us too far astray, sorry.
Blasphyx

Post by Blasphyx »

Though having more control over where the hud elements go can still be relevant, yes?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

I can't tell if that is possible in the form that you want. 3saster must look into that. For me personally this isn't anything I would have ever thought about.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Hi NightFright... some questions for you:

1. Is it okay to include your bar in my mod by default? At the moment I was thinking of using the Legacy one (as I need to be able to change the classses and have no idea how to do that with the new version). Obviously I'll credit you; assuming I manage to get it working (see below).
2. If so, do you have any clue on how I can make it so that the Hexen bar applies to all games, regardless of iwad? (see main topic at viewtopic.php?f=124&t=67023, if you don't want to derail this thread for that).

Of course, its not your job to fiddle with people's mod compatibility; so don't worry if its not something you want to look into.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

If you want to use the sbarinfo version, feel free, but you must be aware of the fact it's very limited in its capabilities and lacks a lot of cool features compared to the 5.x releases.

I am not sure if it's possible to use Hexen statusbars also in e.g. Doom. Certainly not Strife as this one doesn't have sbarinfo support and never will. It may work by changing sbarinfo header to "base Hexen", but I am not sure if it's as simple as that. Since you have obviously already tried that, some hardcoded stuff may be in the way, but I can't imagine a port as flexible as GZDoom wouldn't allow you to do crazy things like that somehow.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I enjoy the normal version of your mod, in fact, and use it for my Doom plays; but as someone with non-existent ACS understanding (lol), I can vaguely understand how to fix up the sbarinfo one, whereas I can't with the new one.

Its kinda strange its not working at all despite my efforts. If Doom is just lacking the correct information to send to it that could be problematic.
3saster

Post by 3saster »

@eharper256 If you want, I can help modify the HUD to suit your needs for your mod. If you can make it clear exactly what you need, I can look into what needs to be done. I'm the guy who did the main guts of the ZScript, so I know where the stuff that needs to be changed is. A ZScript HUD can also nicely work for any game easily, so nothing fancy needs to be done.
Blasphyx wrote:I don't think multimonitor, or ultrawide should have anything to do with being able to control how far from the left and right edges of the screen screen elements display. People running conventional aspect ratios might even like the option, because again, it takes attention away from the focal point of a first person perspective...this can increase immersion regardless of screen setup. Of course this could be a feature suggestion for a built in feature, but I think that's unneeded because I can have everything display exactly where I want it to already.
I wanna finish Strife first, so all the major HUDs are in place, but after that, that's not a bad idea to allow full control of where the elements go. It would be fairly trivial to add too, I think. I'll see that around later.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

3saster wrote:@eharper256 If you want, I can help modify the HUD to suit your needs for your mod. If you can make it clear exactly what you need, I can look into what needs to be done. I'm the guy who did the main guts of the ZScript, so I know where the stuff that needs to be changed is. A ZScript HUD can also nicely work for any game easily, so nothing fancy needs to be done.
Wow; that would be fantastic!! I'll definately credit you if you do. As I've mentioned; I don't have high requirements: I simply need the Split Hexen bar to be able to work in Doom and Heretic as you'll always be playing a Hexen class.

So it just needs HP tracker, Mana1 and Mana2 (ammo) counter, the inventory system, the automaps key/armour tracker, the AC (Armour Class) counter and the ultimate weapon pieces.

The only change is that the ultimate weapon classes are named differently i.e. FWeapQuietus is QuietusX, CWeapWraithverge is CruxCalicus, and MWeapBloodscourge is StaveBS (which is why I'd need to edit it), and the weapon pieces are named with the same name, i.e. StaveBSPiece2 for consistency. All the other graphics are named identically (MANAVL1, H2BAR_R etc.).

If you did feel like adding an extra feature; you could also simultaneously retrieve and convert the actual armour value from AC (which is complicated in Hexen for some reason); but thats not needed at all.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.1.6 released

Post by NightFright »

Another service release, this time with a few more changes, most important ones for Hexen (one new feature, a Boom color change and one important bugfix). I think many people out there will appreciate the optional return to armor points in Hexen, also making it easier to see armor reduction when taking damage. Also added an option to show a green cross in Doom berserk mode to go along with the green medikit crosses from Bethesday's Unity Doom re-release.

Green berserk mode cross:

Light blue color for Boom HUD colors in Hexen (comparison old vs new):

Optional AC to armor points conversion in Hexen:

CHANGELOG v5.1.6 (Jan 31, 2020)
[ALL] General Settings: Added "Alternative HUD" control setting (to make sure it is set to OFF)
[ALL] Stats: Removed 3 redundant/useless stat completion colors
[ALL] Stats: Added missing tooltips
[DOOM/HACX] Optional Settings: "Indicate berserk mode" can now choose between red and green cross
[DOOM] Automatic Compatibility: Community Chest series added
[HEXEN] Optional Settings: Added option to switch between Armor Class (AC) and armor points
[HEXEN] Boom HUD colors: Fixed third weapon causing primary ammo to use wrong colors
[HEXEN] Boom HUD colors: Changed health/armor overmax color from blue to lightblue (better legibility)
Valboom
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.6]

Post by Valboom »

Wow! this is the definitive Hud,thank you.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

can I use include this Statusbar by default in my mod (with some adjustment)?

I add weapons nr
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Just don't forget the credits and nobody will say anything.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 5.1.7 released

Post by NightFright »

Since nothing new has been added to the Github repository for a while, I decided to release the few changes we made in the meantime so that everyone is using the latest version. There are only two changes you may actually notice, one being the god mode indicator for the Heretic split bar and the other a toggle for using traditional color schemes on the normal and overlay automap (under "Optional Settings", but in fact it's just a toggle for an existing CVAR, am_customcolors). The Raven scheme deviates a bit in overlay mode since the dark lines for outer walls only work on bright backgrounds, so I inverted some colors for better visibility.

CHANGELOG v5.1.7 (Mar 17, 2020)
[ALL] Stats: Powerup timers no longer display when the stats are turned off while powerup position is on
[ALL] Automap: Option to apply "Traditional Doom/Raven/Strife" colors to normal/overlay automap
[HERETIC] Split mode: Added invulnerability indicator ("LIFE" and "ARMOR" labels turn golden)
[HERETIC] Split mode: Improved transparency for key icons

Overlay automap with forced "Traditional Doom"/"Traditional Raven" color schemes:

God mode indicator in Heretic ("LIFE"/"ARMOR" labels turn golden):
Sinael

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.7]

Post by Sinael »

Would it be possible to add total ammo indicator for all the weapons to Heretic HUD, like it does on Doom HUD? I know this is not vanilla feature, but I like to see my total reserves at all times.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”