Rampancy - [2.0]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AvzinElkein

Re: Rampancy - [1.1]

Post by AvzinElkein »

I tried to check the changelog, but you failed to update it.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That's actually true. But at least they actually wrote this one, so it's crystal clear about the update:
sista mcwaifu ms. Yholl once said wrote:1.1 is out, adds new sprites and brightmaps, fixes a few minor things, see the changelog for details.
Starman the Blaziken
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Starman the Blaziken »

Would be funny to pick up the powered down enemy as an item, or at least be able to reprogram the small ones, fill their ammo with maybe cells, shells, or bullets and have them go at it.
Just a funny thought. :P
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

As for Guncaster, when you kill a robot with the Midas powerup active the golden statue can be a drastically different size.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Would be funny to pick up the powered down enemy as an item, or at least be able to reprogram the small ones, fill their ammo with maybe cells, shells, or bullets and have them go at it.
Just a funny thought. :P
They're not really powered down, they're burnt out. They ain't gonna be functioning again anytime soon.

That does sound like a cool idea though, I might add a special damagetype to them so that you can power them down and reprogram them.
Rowsol wrote:As for Guncaster, when you kill a robot with the Midas powerup active the golden statue can be a drastically different size.
Might be able to fix that, might not. Should be able to though.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Wee late, but Rampancy was featured on Realm667 on February 24. :)
Meyers07

Post by Meyers07 »

Finally, Rampancy is out, and it's might be one step closer to a System Shock Total Conversion whenever possible.
Also,
"There are no hitscan attacks, all bullets from robots are projectiles."
That's another extra which i greatly appreciate.
PatCatz2004

Post by PatCatz2004 »

Hmm.....can you actually make this compatible with Lithium?
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

i think the normal enemies are very clunky and non thretening.. is there a way to make the mmeaner and the death animation a bit more animated?
Take One

Post by Take One »

Finally getting to try this out and I'm loving it. Pretty much all of the enemies feel great to fight and fill their own niches in unique ways. I've been playing it with Final Doomer, too, and the TNT set feels great with it - It's particularly fun when you get swarmed by sentry bots but you have a fast weapon and you get this huge swarm all collapsing and exploding one by one. I really enjoy how there are multiple versions of some enemies, too, like the maintenance bots.

There are a couple of things that I'm not too keen on, but they might be a matter of personal taste. The mini spiderbots are a cool idea but awful if they appear in swarms - I feel like they're too small and fast to hit reliably with anything that can kill more than one at a time, coupled with how they're small enough that more can crowd around you than pinkies can. I know that you can't account for every kind of encounter and enemy grouping in every PWAD, though, and that's only been a problem a couple of times. You already touched on this, but I also feel like the repair bots are a bit underwhelming as an Arch-Vile replacement; it's cool that it can kind of buff enemies and I definitely understand that there's only so much that you can do when all of the enemies just explode on death and can't be resurrected, but their actual attack isn't anything to worry about unless you get cornered, and I've only had two times where the healing actually made an enemy harder to deal with, because it happened to get into a position where it was healing faster than I could damage it (I certainly won't complain if you don't change them, but I just have opinions about Arch-Viles). One of the scout drone's sounds is painfully shrill, so I dread fighting them because they do more damage to my ears in real life than they do to my health in-game.

I love the choice of sprites (partly because I'm a huge System Shock fan) and the way that most of the enemies behave. The hit and damage effects are really satisfying because it makes it feel like you're using armour-piercing ammo and stuff on them and that your attacks are always effective. You did a great job with the customisation settings, too. Overall, I'd say that you did a fantastic job with the whole mod.
Yelso
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Yelso »

@yholl

What are the best mappacks to play this with? What were the ones you used to do the screenshots in the OP?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Redneckerz wrote:Wee late, but Rampancy was featured on Realm667 on February 24. :)
Much appreciated, thank you!
PatCatz2004 wrote:Hmm.....can you actually make this compatible with Lithium?
That has to be done on Lithium's end.
theroguemonk wrote:i think the normal enemies are very clunky and non thretening.. is there a way to make the mmeaner and the death animation a bit more animated?
I have no idea what you're asking.
Take One wrote:One of the scout drone's sounds is painfully shrill, so I dread fighting them because they do more damage to my ears in real life than they do to my health in-game.
Could you let me know which one specifically? I'll try and either fix it or replace it with something else.
Take One wrote:You did a great job with the customisation settings, too. Overall, I'd say that you did a fantastic job with the whole mod.
Much appreciated, thank you!
Yelso wrote:What were the ones you used to do the screenshots in the OP?
Can't remember what the first one was. TNT, Dark Tartarus, Memento Mori 2.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

I love this monster pack, but there is a balance issue I've noticed.

The bosses, instead of having NORADIUSDMG, have a radiusdamagefactor of 0.2 - while this does make normal explosive weapons a little more effective against them, it causes massive problems for weapons that rely on FORCERADIUSDMG to be effective (the radiusdamagefactor seems to override FORCERADIUSDMG). An example is the C4 and Totenheim from Final Doomer - a vanilla Cyberdemon can be taken down with 20 C4s or a single direct hit from the Totenheim, but Rampancy's Military Bot, which has the same hitpoints from what I can see, can withstand 80 C4s and two Totenheim direct hits.

Do you have any plans to add any more robots, maybe via randomspawners? It would be awesome to have something you could shoot individual limbs off.
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Tesculpture wrote:a vanilla Cyberdemon can be taken down with 20 C4s or a single direct hit from the Totenheim, but Rampancy's Military Bot, which has the same hitpoints from what I can see, can withstand 80 C4s and two Totenheim direct hits.
good
robot strong
flex on squishy organics
Tesculpture wrote:Do you have any plans to add any more robots, maybe via randomspawners? It would be awesome to have something you could shoot individual limbs off.
I have no plans for more robots right now.
Shooting off limbs is horrendously impossible amounts of work and unnecessary.
Take One

Post by Take One »

Yholl wrote:
Take One wrote:One of the scout drone's sounds is painfully shrill, so I dread fighting them because they do more damage to my ears in real life than they do to my health in-game.
Could you let me know which one specifically? I'll try and either fix it or replace it with something else.
Sorry, I hadn't logged into the forum for ages. I had a look through the pk3 and it seems to be SCTDSEE2.ogg, the one with the really high-pitched fizzle sound. I admittedly have incredibly sensitive hearing, so it might just be a me problem, but thank you for looking into it.

(Funnily enough, I was also playing this with the Hellbound weapons and was completely fine with how they react to the Totenheim - the minigun feels really effective against them as it is, and I couldn't find a time when I didn't have two rockets to feed them anyway.)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”