Deltrarune Companions

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
itsmeveronica

Deltrarune Companions

Post by itsmeveronica »

Dedicated to Combine Kegan. (Who I bet still has yet to play it :shock: )
Special thanks to Skelegant for a little help with the code and some artworks, and some other stuff!
Special Thanks to StingyFickers for the torture dance animations!

This mod is only compatible with GZDoom. A Zandronum version would come later.
DOWNLOAD
https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addons/susienralsei

WHAT'S THE MOD ABOUT?
These companion characters come from Deltaruneland and they're
here to aid you in slaying demons or just to accompany you along
in whatever journey you might take!

RALSEI
Spoiler:
SUSIE
Spoiler:
OTHER FEATURES
Spoiler:
CREDITS
Spoiler:
TRAILER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZNzDi6y_o

Also this is my first ZDF post, pls don't bully me.
Last edited by itsmeveronica on Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Deltrarune Companions

Post by Nems »

Friends. <3 :3

This is an absolute blast to play with. I'm glad it's made its way to the forums. :D
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

I'd take it the marine in the drawings is Lt. Typhon, yes?
BradmanX
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BradmanX »

Nice to see there be a forum post for these mods, they're pretty nice. Though I wish I could use Ralsei, he still freezes GZDoom after a while for me, and I don't know why, because Susie works just fine.
itsmeveronica

Post by itsmeveronica »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:I'd take it the marine in the drawings is Lt. Typhon, yes?
It's drawn by Skelegant! It's all Doomguy!
itsmeveronica

Post by itsmeveronica »

BradmanX wrote:Nice to see there be a forum post for these mods, they're pretty nice. Though I wish I could use Ralsei, he still freezes GZDoom after a while for me, and I don't know why, because Susie works just fine.
I have replied to your comment in my ModDB about this.
That indeed sucks. Could you pinpoint though what causes problems in Ralsei? I'd try to fix it quick when I can. Maybe not anytime soon because College is really screwing me.
itsmeveronica

Post by itsmeveronica »

Nems wrote:Friends. <3 :3

This is an absolute blast to play with. I'm glad it's made its way to the forums. :D
You honestly I was kinda hesitant to jump in onto the forums, but here we are now! Hope this helps spread my mod to more people!
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Marisa the Magician »

Oh hey, welcome aboard.
BradmanX

Post by BradmanX »

itsmeveronica wrote:
BradmanX wrote:Nice to see there be a forum post for these mods, they're pretty nice. Though I wish I could use Ralsei, he still freezes GZDoom after a while for me, and I don't know why, because Susie works just fine.
I have replied to your comment in my ModDB about this.
That indeed sucks. Could you pinpoint though what causes problems in Ralsei? I'd try to fix it quick when I can. Maybe not anytime soon because College is really screwing me.
I'm not sure what it could be, I've tried it with and without mods and on a few different GZDoom versions, and the freezing happens at inconsistent times no matter what, which makes me wonder if it's a particular ability of his or something that's doing it. I'll try to do some testing to see if I can figure it out, because it does seem like something particular rather than something wrong with the mod as a whole.

Edit: Hmmm, after a bit of testing, it appears to be one or more of my autoloads causing instability when Ralsei is loaded with it, not sure which one(s) yet though.
Her's my autoload list btw, apart from Ralsei of course https://i.imgur.com/jugBiQG.png

Edit #2: After a bit more testing it looks like the culprit might be Universal Enhanced AI unfortunately, which is odd since I haven'tt had issues using it with any other follower mod, including Susie.
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

Having followed this mod on Youtube, I am sooooo happy to see it make it's way to the zdoom forums, I am a huge fan of these mods, and can't wait to see what else you end up bringing to the table!
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

I've seen this mod before back at ModDB, I only saw Ralsei though. But hey, it's nice to see such a companion mod!

And your tag is broke, go for the "[url]" first then "" at the end.
Mister Neauxbauxdeay

Post by Mister Neauxbauxdeay »

itsmeveronica wrote:
Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:I'd take it the marine in the drawings is Lt. Typhon, yes?
Perhaps it's just my set of eyes, but "Doomguy" in the second drawing appears to have a fairly large pair of cleavage inside that chestplate, if you know what I mean.. :P
BradmanX

Post by BradmanX »

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:
itsmeveronica wrote:
Perhaps it's just my set of eyes, but "Doomguy" in the second drawing appears to have a fairly large pair of cleavage inside that chestplate, if you know what I mean.. :P
I think it's just a stylistic choice, since he's overall bigger and bulkier than Doomguy normally is.
Whitestellar

Post by Whitestellar »

This is just too perfect
itsmeveronica

Post by itsmeveronica »

Whitestellar wrote:This is just too perfect
Not quite. I still think I could've improved it more.
It could've been made Zandro compatible had I known ACS better.
Susie and Ralsei would've had more animations for idles and attacks, and I do have a lotta ideas.
I would've had another character thrown in there as a backup buddy that pop in and out from either of the two's attacks and idles.
Proper rotations on attacks and just general bug fixes. (which btw, please report as much bugs so I can try and fix them)

Next update would probably be around when I finish this Wolfenstein themed mod I'm making: Wolfenstein Retold.
Check it out on ModDB, and on my youtube channel. It's shaping up to be something cool!
https://www.moddb.com/mods/wolfenstein-retold-3d
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvH_2fMTTFI[/youtube]

Return to “Gameplay Mods”