Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Nash » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:27 am

Talon1024 wrote:While I was working on adding this to WolfenDoom, I experienced an issue where blood pools from enemy corpses would block polyobject doors. I fixed this by setting -SOLID and +SPECIAL on NashGoreCorpseBlood, and replacing CanCollideWith with Touch.


Thanks! I'll incorporate these into mainline NGMVE with credits to you. :)
User avatar
Nash
 
 
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Lagi » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:34 am

This is one of the best mod. I auto include it now.

all the gibs blood, stains, bleeding of monsters looks great. you can left foot prints from steeping on blood pool. This door effect on corpses - buahahah. Excellent.
User avatar
Lagi
 
Joined: 23 Jun 2018
Location: Thou shalt alter thy beliefs with new evidence

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Nash » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:28 am

Hello community, in an attempt to improve the "squish-when-crushed" algorithm, I only managed to make it less sensitive, and this was released into v1.0. I have temporarily reverted it back to the v0.9 beta behaviour but that's only available to you if you download the in-development build on Github.

That said, I am looking to fixing it for real, and I think I've found a solution that actually works, but I need your help. Basically, can you recommend me some maps that you played where you expected the squish gibs to work, but it didn't. I am basically looking to sample as many maps as I can to make sure the damn thing actually works, and what better way to do it than to turn to nashgore players and ask them what maps they've played nashgore with. :)
User avatar
Nash
 
 
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Lagi » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:22 am



it doesnt move up&down with the door >:(

seriously everything works
User avatar
Lagi
 
Joined: 23 Jun 2018
Location: Thou shalt alter thy beliefs with new evidence

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby A_D_M_E_R_A_L » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:16 pm

Lagi wrote:

it doesnt move up&down with the door >:(

seriously everything works

I had that happened a lot, it's because the center of the corpse wasn't underneath the door.
User avatar
A_D_M_E_R_A_L
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2017
Discord: A_D_M_E_R_A_L#7602

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Kazudra » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:41 pm

Nash wrote:Hello community, in an attempt to improve the "squish-when-crushed" algorithm, I only managed to make it less sensitive, and this was released into v1.0. I have temporarily reverted it back to the v0.9 beta behaviour but that's only available to you if you download the in-development build on Github.

That said, I am looking to fixing it for real, and I think I've found a solution that actually works, but I need your help. Basically, can you recommend me some maps that you played where you expected the squish gibs to work, but it didn't. I am basically looking to sample as many maps as I can to make sure the damn thing actually works, and what better way to do it than to turn to nashgore players and ask them what maps they've played nashgore with. :)


The end of Doom 2 Map16: Suburbs, not only squishes not work (probably because it's elevator play) you'll also see floating gibs and blood.
Kazudra
 
Joined: 25 May 2015

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Nash » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:48 am



Universal gibable corpses that respects the actor's blood color.

Coming soon to a vengeful gore mod near you!
User avatar
Nash
 
 
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Rowsol » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:26 am

Awesome.
User avatar
Rowsol
 
Joined: 06 Mar 2013

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Pompous Seed » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 am

I love the fact that you've got the decals matching the 3D models now, but will there be dripping effects like in the current version?
Pompous Seed
 
Joined: 05 Aug 2016

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Nash » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:32 am

Pompous Seed wrote:I love the fact that you've got the decals matching the 3D models now, but will there be dripping effects like in the current version?


Glad you noticed! Well, a code submission is pending, I'm hoping it gets added because otherwise I can't achieve the unified look for the decals. Yes, the dripping will be re-added. The wall (and floor) decals are going to go through a full overhaul - there will be a TON more decal variations on walls and floors in the next version.
User avatar
Nash
 
 
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby YukesVonFaust » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 am

Nash wrote:Universal gibable corpses that respects the actor's blood color.

Coming soon to a vengeful gore mod near you!

Nice.
will this affect the Archvile resurrect states?
User avatar
YukesVonFaust
Kicking Asses and Taking Names
 
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: in your area, where else
Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Nash » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:14 pm

If you destroy a monster's corpse, it will be permanently destroyed, therefore the Archvile will have nothing to resurrect... :^)

For this reason, this feature will be defaulted to OFF. I feel like it's a drastic gameplay alteration.
User avatar
Nash
 
 
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Github ID: nashmuhandes

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby YukesVonFaust » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:22 pm

Nash wrote:If you destroy a monster's corpse, it will be permanently destroyed, therefore the Archvile will have nothing to resurrect... :^)

For this reason, this feature will be defaulted to OFF. I feel like it's a drastic gameplay alteration.


Shouldn't it be like in NTMAI (Nobody Talked Me About ID), where it leaves a gibbed sprite? (so the archvile can still resurrect it?)
User avatar
YukesVonFaust
Kicking Asses and Taking Names
 
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: in your area, where else
Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Artman2004 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:16 pm

I don't mind it affecting the Archvile's ability to resurrect. Screw them anyways.
Artman2004
 
Joined: 01 Sep 2019

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.0 OFFICIAL RELEASE

Postby Lagi » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:52 am

In my mod, enemies are often cut in pieces. I test that, the blood pool is not being created on the limbs that are spawn, only under main corpse. Any idea if You could or how I could fix it?

f.ex: I would like the top torso of ophidian to also create pool of blood under.

Spoiler: my snake death code
User avatar
Lagi
 
Joined: 23 Jun 2018
Location: Thou shalt alter thy beliefs with new evidence

PreviousNext

Return to Graphic/Audio Patches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CeeJay, NumberOneTuxedo and 9 guests